Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes no kidding. I"ve attempted it 3 times now, and it keeps giving me the epic rune. I found a strategy guide that warns against issuing a death threat because it increases the chance that you'll get an Epic rune instead of what I need.

yep 40% chance increase if you issue a death threat

battled my first Warchief .. i was surprised to see he had 2 other captains with him,, and that's what i did .. and then a third one jumps out ... so i had to fled :S then i figured you have to take out the captains first .

so what after i take out the 4 warchiefs then i go to the final encounter? if so the main storyline is really short "without the side contents"

Good Lord no! Theres a whole other map you've got to do as well complete with its own captains and warchiefs, not to mention the Black Captains! Theres a lot more game to go.

Good Lord no! Theres a whole other map you've got to do as well complete with its own captains and warchiefs, not to mention the Black Captains! Theres a lot more game to go.

:rotfl.............I would have loved to see your face when you found this out.............

"Hang on, Whats this place now?" :rotfl

Here's the trick I used. Find a captain bodyguard that has both fear and weakness/strength. If he isn't already, get him to level 20. If there are other bodyguards, kill them off to ensure he gets promoted to warchief. Kill his warchief and he will be promoted as an ELITE warchief. Go and battle him and let him kill you. Then simply go to his mission again, use his fear and weakness/strength and kill him.

You'll get 1 point for each of the following.
Level 20
Warchief
Revenge kill
Have Intel on him
Use fear against him
Use Weakness/Strength against him.

My warchief had no weaknesses so I buffed him with fire which also gave me that extra point. I did all that and got a level 25 rune on my first attempt.

This game gets repetitive very quickly. I just wanna finish the story now >.<
Trying to get some Epic runes for my stuff. My bow sucks balls

This game gets repetitive very quickly. I just wanna finish the story now >.<
Trying to get some Epic runes for my stuff. My bow sucks balls

Yeah I guess, but it depends on how much you play all at once really, I only play it for an hour or so occasionally....... I did get a repetitive vibe from it but it wasnt annoying

best of luck

Thanks. :hi5:

I finished up the other night so 100% achievements compete. :rock The flaming berserker was a pain in the ass, I had to do it multiple times before the achievement unlocked. I guess I got lucky with the level 25 since it was unlocked when I completed the game. It seems like it might have been frustrating to get.

Just Finished the game .. that Final Battle .. WTF ..

but really this is an awesome enjoyable game ! loved it

Well I finished this game last night, the final fight was very easy like everyone has been saying, weird that out of the three the first Black Captain in the game was the hardest by far. In the end my nemesis was exactly who I predicted it would be from early on, its funny because early in the game I would dread him but seeing him at the end was like seeing an old friend you had gone through the entire game with, it was kinda cool to face off against him one final time.
Unfortunately I finished this game a bit too early as I was wanting it to take me up to the release of Dragon Age, luckily I still have some side missions I can go back in and do.
All in all a great game and I look forward to the sequel!

Well I finished this game last night, the final fight was very easy like everyone has been saying, weird that out of the three the first Black Captain in the game was the hardest by far. In the end my nemesis was exactly who I predicted it would be from early on, its funny because early in the game I would dread him but seeing him at the end was like seeing an old friend you had gone through the entire game with, it was kinda cool to face off against him one final time.
Unfortunately I finished this game a bit too early as I was wanting it to take me up to the release of Dragon Age, luckily I still have some side missions I can go back in and do.
All in all a great game and I look forward to the sequel!

just another 2 weeks or so, maybe you could play Assassins Creed Unity in the meantime :wink1:

SOURCE - IGN

MIDDLE-EARTH: SHADOW OF MORDOR / 20 NOV 2014
FREE SHADOW OF MORDOR DLC INCOMING

BY WESLEY COPELANDShadow of Mordor is getting some free DLC.

The Power of Defiance bundle adds a new skin, challenge mode, and an epic rune.

The new skin casts players as Lithariel, the warrior commander of the Tribesmen of Nurn, who is set to lead the battle against the Dark Lord's army. For those unfamiliar, Lithariel is the daughter of Lady Marwen, the Queen of Nurn.

The new challenge mode is called Test of Defiance, and sees you face Sauron's Warchiefs, only without your trusty Wraith abilities or any means to escape death in a pinch.

As for the epic rune – Defiant to the End – players are granted an extra 'Last Chance' to re-enter the fray should they fall in combat.

The free DLC is available today via a content update for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Steam.

Back