Microsoft's Surface Tablet announced

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, they did that with Zune (eventually) and it didn't help.

Still, I can see this being successful even if it's not doing as well as the iPad.

Basically the RT version will be comparable to the iPad, probably similar price point and the tablet design of Windows Metro should work pretty well for it.

Then the Pro version will be a much better competitor to something like the Macbook Air, in fact it should counter the Air pretty well.

They are very tempting if microsoft could come up with something similar to garagband in ease of use i would pick this up.

Not sure I'm a fan of the wide 16:9 ratio for tablets, but at least digital comics will fill up the screen better.

If Microsoft has any balls they'll sell these things BELOW cost and eat the loss for a couple of years (like they did with Xbox). It's the only real shot they have at making a huge dent in the tablet market and being a real contender in the long run.

We shall see.

I also like that it will run Windows 8 and not god-awful Android poop (obviously).

I think it could do well. It amazes me how many travelers you see with both ipads and laptops. They have an ipad for entertainment and basic work and then laptop. How if they can truly replace both it should do well unless people won't give up their trendy fruit device.

I think I'm one of the very few people who really likes apple but has never really been interested in the iPad. It just seems like my iPhone but with a much bigger screen? I've used my dad & brothers ones but still no temptation.

I use my tablet all the time. Hardly ever touch any of my laptops anymore.

Desktop PC I still use the hell out of.

This will be nice to run the applications I use on my desktop.

I use my tablet all the time. Hardly ever touch any of my laptops anymore.

Desktop PC I still use the hell out of.

This will be nice to run the applications I use on my desktop.

When I can use a quality photo editor on a tablet the PC is gone.

4537543_700b_v1.jpg

4533067_700b.jpg

I just got my first iPad 3 and am actually using it to post this reply, the surface is a tempting product I like the USB built in feature and the fact that it comes with office. But compared to my iPad it looks bulky and its missing that retina screen which i love. I think I will pass on this one and see how future models turn out.

Rumor is the RT version will start at $299 for 32GB+Wifi

And Pro version starts at $799. Again, these are rumors.

But if they're true then it would be very good, undercut the iPad and the Macbook Air.

But if they're true then it would be very good, undercut the iPad and the Macbook Air.

If they do that, I agree with Evil. Great starting price. It will be interesting to see if they go through with that price point.

If those were the prices, they probably would have touted that at the announcement. I'm guessing they either don't know pricing yet or it's a bit more than they want it to be right now and they're hoping they can lower it before it ships.

It'd be first in line for a RT at $299.

If those were the prices, they probably would have touted that at the announcement. I'm guessing they either don't know pricing yet or it's a bit more than they want it to be right now and they're hoping they can lower it before it ships.

It'd be first in line for a RT at $299.

Well other's have said they probably didn't announce the pricing yet because it won't come out until like October, and the Pro version later than that so they don't want to give their competitors a price range to beat before they even come out with it.

$299 is really low though for what you get so I kind of doubt it'll be that low. I'm hoping at most it would be $499

Back