Action Figure Michael Myers "THE BOOGEYMAN '78" Headsculpt WIP Halloween 1978(NEW PICS ON P.6 & 7)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Michael Myers "THE BOOGEYMAN '78" Headsculpt WIP Halloween 1978(NEW PICS ON PAGE

Alright guys, small update time.
No changes have been made to the sculpt since the last update, but Ive been busy gathering a lot more reference material in order to know the mask better before I proceed to make more changes.
But in the mean time, Ive been doing some photo editing in MS Paint.
This is very crude editing guys, but you should hopefully get the idea.
I think that doing this in MS Paint is a quicker, more safer way of seeing which changes need to be made.

So anyway, heres the unedited version -
0Image0-1.png

Heres the edited version -
0Image01.png

And this shows the unedited version vs the edited version -
stage3vsstage4photoshop.png

Ive finally ordered a decent camera too, specifically for this project.:yess:
More pics to come in a few days.

Re: Michael Myers "THE BOOGEYMAN '78" Headsculpt WIP Halloween 1978(UPDATE ON PAGE 5)

Damn good sir. Damn good. :thud:

Re: Michael Myers "THE BOOGEYMAN '78" Headsculpt WIP Halloween 1978(UPDATE ON PAGE 5)

Damn good sir. Damn good. :thud:

Thanks bro.:)
Its not much, but I thought I might as well show it.
With my next update, I really want to capture the look of William Shatner -

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PIE-nn-hJ4M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

L@@KING SWEEEEEEEEEET Brother.

Still looking awesome my man and critiques to the alter pics are getting spot on, you know what to do, keep going :rock

Still looking awesome my man and critiques to the alter pics are getting spot on, you know what to do, keep going :rock

Thanks man:hi5:
I put another hour or 2 into the sculpt today.
My camera came too, so I did a quick test video
with it -
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/a7hBCDYiH6U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I still have trouble taking a good picture of my sculpt though:gah::gah::gah:
It always ends up looking slightly slimmer-faced(and often a LOT slimmer, depending on how close I am to it when I take the pic) than it actually is, and well...just crap LOL
I think it looks much better in person.

Last edited:

Thanks man:hi5:
I put another hour or 2 into the sculpt today.
My camera came too, so I did a quick test video
with it -
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mKyOEfRARI0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I still have trouble taking a good picture of my sculpt though:gah::gah::gah:
It always ends up looking slightly slimmer-faced(and often a LOT slimmer, depending on how close I am to it when I take the pic) than it actually is, and well...just crap LOL
I think it looks much better in person.

:lol awesome my man, I'm laughing because it looks like he has too many options of people to kill and he doesn't know which one to go at first. Your Michael is overwhelmed with the awesomeness of the killing spree.

He's calm at first...then it's ON!!!!

Great work TFG. :rock

:lol awesome my man, I'm laughing because it looks like he has too many options of people to kill and he doesn't know which one to go at first. Your Michael is overwhelmed with the awesomeness of the killing spree.

He's calm at first...then it's ON!!!!

Great work TFG. :rock

LMFAO!!!
I was just trying to show it from all angles but now I cant get that thought out my head LOL
Michael is like :panic: which one should I kill 1st?:lol
And thanks again bro.:)

Last edited:
Re: Michael Myers "THE BOOGEYMAN '78" Headsculpt WIP Halloween 1978(NEW PICS ON PAGE

Hair mock-up -
SAM_0855C.png

Last edited:

This is an exciting project you are working on. I remember when I first starting posting on here and was building my first Jason 8, you were there with me giving advice and cheering me on. I always appreciated that. Well now it is my turn to support you and say that your sculpt is looking really good my friend. Myers is a very complex head sculpt. It is the most simpliest look but yet one of the hardest to mimic. It is a strange combination. With that being said, you are achieving that look in the sculpt. I can see the original Myers in there. Keep it up and good luck. :clap

Another 1 or 2 hours work -

SAM_0847.jpg

SAM_0845.jpg

sideprofile.png

SAM_0852.jpg

SAM_0837.jpg

SAM_0841.jpg

SAM_0844.jpg

SAM_0853.jpg

SAM_0843.jpg

SAM_0840.jpg

Last edited:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/a7hBCDYiH6U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is an exciting project you are working on. I remember when I first starting posting on here and was building my first Jason 8, you were there with me giving advice and cheering me on. I always appreciated that. Well now it is my turn to support you and say that your sculpt is looking really good my friend. Myers is a very complex head sculpt. It is the most simpliest look but yet one of the hardest to mimic. It is a strange combination. With that being said, you are achieving that look in the sculpt. I can see the original Myers in there. Keep it up and good luck. :clap

Thanks a lot, my friend.
Your support is very much appreciated.
And youre completely right, this mask looks REALLY simple and easy to do...but is in fact very, VERY hard to capture.
Im trying my best to get it right and Im glad you can see the original Myers in it so far.
I really cant wait to paint and hair it though:impatient:

Last edited:

Hey T... That is looking bad a** brother. Wow nice work!!

Hey T... That is looking bad a** brother. Wow nice work!!

Hey bro. Thanks very much!:hi5:

EDIT -

Updated the video on Page 1 to show the current progress.

Last edited:

Lookin Great T you,ve done hell of a job to get the likeness this good :clap
Im really lookin forward seeing this haired and painted up,are you painted eyes in there or blackening them out :dunno
waiting to see who gets there heads haired first you or ski two great sculpts lookin forward to them both :clap:clap

Lookin Great T you,ve done hell of a job to get the likeness this good :clap
Im really lookin forward seeing this haired and painted up,are you painted eyes in there or blackening them out :dunno
waiting to see who gets there heads haired first you or ski two great sculpts lookin forward to them both :clap:clap

Thanks very much, my friend.:)
I'm going to put a Hot Toys ball-jointed headsculpt inside it for more realism - the same as Onescustoms does with his Myers.

When I make casts of this, I will offer a few choices -
A cheaper alternative with Blacked out eye cuts, and a more expensive version with with the Hot Toys headsculpt inside.
Both versions will be available painted/haired and unpainted/unhaired.
They will also include the Lamson chef knife.

Talking of ski, I need to ask him where to find the hair for this.

Looking pretty good so far, can't wait to see it all finished.

Back