Action Figure Michael Myers "THE BOOGEYMAN '78" Headsculpt WIP Halloween 1978(NEW PICS ON P.6 & 7)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terminator_Fan_Game

Super Freak
Reaction score
Michael Myers "THE BOOGEYMAN '78" Headsculpt WIP Halloween 1978(NEW PICS ON P.6 & 7)

THEBOOGEYMAN78POSTER-1.png

Hey guys, just thought I'd share some WIP pics of my 3rd ever attempt at sculpting - a 1/6 scale 1978 Michael Myers mask.
This headsculpt is based on the NAG H78 replica Myers mask.
I call this "The Boogeyman '78".

This is where the sculpt is as of right now -

Youtube video -
[ame="https://youtu.be/a7hBCDYiH6U"]302 Found[/ame]
Stage 3 WIP shots -
sofar1.png

sofar2.png

sofar3-1.png

Stage 3 front & side comparisons to the NAG H78 replica Myers mask -
frontNsidecompare.png

Its getting there!

WIP shots so far -

STAGE 1 -
(30-45 mins work)

001-5.jpg

STAGE 2 -
(3 hours work)

002-5.jpg

STAGE 3 -
(11 hours work)

003-4.jpg

STAGE 4 -
(13-15 hours work)

SAM_0803.jpg

So yeah, if you have any comments or suggestions, please let me know.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Re: Halloween 1978 WIP Michael Myers Headsculpt

It's looking good so far, one thing you should do to make the sculpt symmetrical is looking at it through a mirror, once you do that you'll see what you need to fix.

Also the inner ear shapes are normally " Y " like shape, instead of " (c ". Don;t really know how to explain, but look closely:

logitech-ultimate-ears-700-noise-isolation-earphones-in-use.jpg

I'm a newb at this also, but I hope I helped :p

Since I got a little free time, I did this photoshop thingie to illustrate. I hope it's clearer now.

It's looking good so far, one thing you should do to make the sculpt symmetrical is looking at it through a mirror, once you do that you'll see what you need to fix.

Also the inner ear shapes are normally " Y " like shape, instead of " (c ". Don;t really know how to explain, but look closely:

logitech-ultimate-ears-700-noise-isolation-earphones-in-use.jpg

I'm a newb at this also, but I hope I helped :p

Yeah, I will do that.
Thanks.

Since I got a little free time, I did this photoshop thingie to illustrate. I hope it's clearer now.

I see. Thanks!
Much appreciated, my friend.

OK, update time.
Today, after actually finding some good reference material, I compared it to my sculpt and realized my 1st attempt at Michael Myers wasnt actually too bad.
It obviously needed a LOT of work but judging from the reference I found, I could see it had potential.
So, I decided to put in a few hours work trying to get it more accurate.
Here it is -
110303-174750-1.jpg

110303-174725-1.jpg

110303-174706-1.jpg

110303-174641-1.jpg

110303-174611-1.jpg

110303-174541-1.jpg

110303-174505-1.jpg

110303-174442-1.jpg

110303-174418-1.jpg

110303-174351-1.jpg

Last edited:

110303-173822-1.jpg

110303-173743-1.jpg

110303-173623-1.jpg

Size comparison shots with the Hot Toys True Type Slim headsculpt -
COMPARE1-1.jpg

COMPARE2-1.jpg

Much better, right?
Keep in mind that I only worked on the main area of the face, like the the eyes, eyebrows, nose, cheeks, mouth, chin, and jaw.
I know its still not 100% accurate but dont worry, Im still working on it.
I'd say Im about 50-75% complete at the moment but that all depends on what I decide to alter.
For instance I may completely re-do the eyes again.
I would appreciate any comments/critique on this, guys.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Awesome man, I like it lots, I'm just getting started with my H4 as well and I can't wait to take on this version.

Looks great bro :rock

Re: Michael Myers "THE BOOGEYMAN '78" Headsculpt WIP Halloween1978(UPDATE + NEW PICS!

Thanks Ski. I just checked your H4 out too...great stuff as always!
Doing this Myers has got me hooked.
I cant wait to get started on H2.
Any idea how to hair these guys?

Re: Michael Myers "THE BOOGEYMAN '78" Headsculpt WIP Halloween1978(UPDATE + NEW PICS!

Thanks Ski. I just checked your H4 out too...great stuff as always!
Doing this Myers has got me hooked.
I cant wait to get started on H2.
Any idea how to hair these guys?

Thanks TFG!

If you are going with just a sculpt you could use Seb's link to a hair tutorial on here and do a piece by piece with the super glue like he does only with fur.

I'm doing a pull over and going a different route to secure the fur into the mask, it's gonna be a trial and error sort of deal until I get there so I don't have many details on it just yet.

Thanks TFG!

If you are going with just a sculpt you could use Seb's link to a hair tutorial on here and do a piece by piece with the super glue like he does only with fur.

I'm doing a pull over and going a different route to secure the fur into the mask, it's gonna be a trial and error sort of deal until I get there so I don't have many details on it just yet.

OK, cool.
I'll be sure to check that out.
Not quite sure what you mean by a pull over though.
Are you talking about an actual mask that fits over a headscuplt?
That would be awesome if you can pull it off!

OK, cool.
I'll be sure to check that out.
Not quite sure what you mean by a pull over though.
Are you talking about an actual mask that fits over a headscuplt?
That would be awesome if you can pull it off!

:lecture gonna give it my best
picture.php

Yeah, I might give it a go too.
But not any time soon mind - I still havent even learned how to cast/make moulds:horror

You'll do fine, it's not really hard or rocket scientist by any means, I have some tutorials online that I can point you out to whenever the time comes, just give me a holler. There's also some tips to using the mold, pouring, etc...

Yea for the mask part it's gonna be a different type of animal to tackle but at the same time that's what makes it an exciting project for myself as well.

You'll do fine, it's not really hard or rocket scientist by any means, I have some tutorials online that I can point you out to whenever the time comes, just give me a holler. There's also some tips to using the mold, pouring, etc...

Yea for the mask part it's gonna be a different type of animal to tackle but at the same time that's what makes it an exciting project for myself as well.

Thanks man, I appreciate that.
I'll be sure to drop you a PM or something when the time comes.
And yeah, its all about the challenge of something new.
Its always exciting to take on something that seems hard to tackle.
I was scared to make my 1st headsculpt because I thought I would suck...but it ended up being fine, and now im addicted!
Its always good to just jump in and have a go.
Good luck with it bro.

Looking good man.

NEW UPDATE -

Changes made -

• lowered and then straightened his eyebrows(front view)
  • moved his LEFT eye down to be level(slightly lower) with the right eye(front view)
  • fixed top angle of eyes(front view)
  • adjusted dimples under the eyes so that they are thinner(front view)
  • slightly lenghtened nose(front view)
  • adjusted bottom of nostrils(side view)
  • moved his LEFT nostril down to be level(slightly lower) with right nostril(front view)
  • fixed his LEFT cheek that connects to lip and also nose(front view)
  • adjusted both cheeks(front /side view)
  • adjusted his left side of his top lip so that it doesnt go out as much to the side(front view)
  • adjusted curve of smirk, particuallry the two edges(front view)
  • adjusted bottom lip so that it doesnt go out as much tot the sides(front view)
  • adjusted dip under his bottom lip and on chin(side view)
  • adjusted dimples next to mouth(side view)
  • slightly widened the face
  • reduced ear size and lowered them so that the top of ear is level with top of eye(but slightly higher) and bottom of ear is level with mouth opening(side view)

- Please note that although I have made all those changes above, some of them still need further adjusting/improving.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

Size comparison with onescustoms "The Old 78" -

sizecompare1.jpg

sizecompare2.jpg

Michael Myers "THE BOOGEYMAN '78" Headsculpt WIP Halloween 1978(NEW PICS ON PAGE 2)

Front comparison to NAG 78 replica mask -
frontcompare.png

livefrontcompare.jpg

Side comparison to NAG 78 replica mask -
sidecompare.png

livesidecompare.jpg

This is the result of at least 8 more hours of tweaking and adjusting.:thud:
I think its definitely getting there, but I still need to adjust a LOT more too...especially the bottom area of the nose.
I wanna get the whole thing as close as possible to my reference pics.
Theres a long way to go, but I'll get there.
Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Back