Michael Myers SilentSurfer Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Michael Myers SilentSurfer Style

That is just unreal looking... really top-notch work :rock

Depending on price I might pick a few and make a Tramer and maybe (with a little rework) a H4! :D

Here is the first completed head with hair. This one's for you Microjoe, for letting me barrow your Myers for so long, even though I never used it.:duh

HPIM6745b.jpg

HPIM6746b.jpg

HPIM6747.jpg

HPIM6751b.jpg

HPIM6754.jpg

HPIM6757b.jpg

HPIM6759.jpg

Last edited:

PM me.

Here is the first completed head with hair. This one's for you Microjoe, for letting me barrow your Myers for so long, even though I never used it.:duh

HPIM6745b.jpg

HPIM6746b.jpg

HPIM6747.jpg

HPIM6751b.jpg

HPIM6754.jpg

HPIM6757b.jpg

HPIM6759.jpg

UNBELIEVABLE!!

Maaannnn, SS, I jus' sent ya a PM!!!!! That is just lookin awesome

Oh man. Can't wait to get mine!!! Looks awesome. About how long before you send paypal invoices, SS?

Sent an email as well before with interest for one of these too. :)

After painting up Microjow's head (pictured above) I realized I wasn't happy with the quality of the casts. Painting that one required some putty filling of the air bubbles.
I recently got a set of Trevor Grove's amazing Firefly heads, and I hit him up on casting tricks. He's the one that recommended using a pressure pot. Expensive little things, but effective. I have one on the way to me along with fresh silicon and resin for an even better batch. While I'm waiting on that, I am reworking the hairless head so that I don't have to do so much trimming and futzing to make the hair look right. I decided to grind down the contact surface for the wig so that it doesn't create a hair helmet that requires creative styling and hair products.

Last edited:

Wow! I hadn't checked this thread until just now so I didn't see what a bangup job you did on the head! Thanks so much! I simply can NOT understand why it is our Freaks can make heads that look this awesome but Sideshow's head was utter crap!

- J

First, thanks for the compliment. Glad you like the head I gave you. Yes, I said 'head I gave you'. What?

Remember, the original Sideshow Myers is pretty old. It pre-dates Hot Toys, so the cry for quality wasn't too loud. It also pre-dates talent like Trevor Grove, and that's all I have to say on that. Another contributing factor may be that Sideshow did not have the kind of reference pics I was able to scrape up. Even so, I wish I had better ones. Unlike Sideshow's initial intent to simply add Mikey to their horror line, I am a 22 year fan of the original movie. I like the later stories just fine, especially with Jamie, but to me the mask only looked like the real Michael Myers in the first movie. Yes, I know it was the exact same screen used mask in part 2, but the different shape of the second actor's head changed the 'face'.

That's my two cents. Sideshow's quality is getting pretty damn good these days IMO. I think it's just the quality control in the factory that's hurting their production pieces. Their prototypes lately look amazing though.

Pressure Pot......check
Air compressor...check
More resin.........check
More silicon.......check
Improved sculpt to compensate for hair helmet...check.

All systems are GO. Halloween's coming early this year.

Last edited:

Stellar work on the finished, haired one!!

Oh man oh man, can't wait to you start hitting down the list!!!

Pressure pot casts came out perfectly. No flaws but the minor mold lines in the back of the head. These are in gray resin and they look amazing. I'm very pleased.

Before molding the head again, I ground down the wig seat so that there will be less trimming required for those doing that work themselves.

Blank Myers heads roll out this week. Look for emails. Paint and faux hair jobs start moving this week and next. The night he came home comes early this year.

It's Halloween. I guess everybody is entitled to one good Myers figure.

I'll try to get some new cast pics up soon.

Excellent and exciting news there, can't wait to see these.

For any of you who don't have the original Sideshow Myers figure, I might have a source for a good kitchen knife for your Mikey's. I also have a lead on some copies of the old Screamin' Models Judith Myers Headstone if anybody wants that nifty accessory for their Myers figure. I'll post pics of the one I have soon. There may not be many available though.

Last edited:
Back