Michael Myers SilentSurfer Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Michael Myers SilentSurfer Style

Being blue-green colorblind, I always thought the suit was more gray. So finding out it was more green makes the irish in me all happy.

Well, I got the Rit Dye to make Olive Drab and I started the bleeching process last night. At first I couldn't tell that it was doing anything because it doesn't actually show any color change or fade until it dries. Weird. Even if I wet it again, it goes back to looking dark blue again. Weirder.

It is now as bleeched as possible, so I will be dyeing it tonight.

I also refutzed the hair a bit. Looks a better now. Pics soon.

Wow I have to say that is a fantastic looking Micheal custom. I remember when the sideshow Micheal first came out...I thought the mask sculpt looked horrendous and just passed on it...now I wish I would have picked it up just to customize it. Hopefully Sideshow will do some updated Micheals and Jasons or even a Leatherface.

Thanks. I too passed on the figure initially. It was years til I actually bought in the hope of one day doing exactly this. Even then it sat in storage for a couple years after I paid over $120 for it.

Anyway, on to the latest pic. I bleeched the Saturday Toys blue jumpsuit. At first I couldn't tell anything had happened to the color while it was wet, but as it dried it looked more bleeched, so I resprayed it and left it in a baggy over night. In the morning it still looked dark blue until I rinsed and dried it.

Bleech worked.

Then I rubbed 1 teaspoon of salt onto the rewetted jumpsuit. Don't ask me why, but it's supposed to help the dye work. Then I used 1 teaspoon of Rit Dye Dark Green and 1/2 teaspoon of Rit Dye Dark Brown in a microwaved bowl filled with about 1 and 3/4 cups of near boiling water. Throw the jumpsuit in and stir for about 30 minutes.

It looks nearly black when you take it out, but it dries to the perfect, movie accurate color.

The mixture I used was recommended by the Rit website to make Olive Drab. Perhaps we know the answer to that now.

Anyway, here he is. The figure is not photoshopped, just the backdrop. The figure really looks even better than that in person. The pic doesn't do the jumpsuit justice. Unfortunately, the thread didn't dye so well, but thankfully that isn't as noticable in person.
FinalMyers.jpg

Last edited:

Looks fantastic, bro!
Great job. As always. More photo's are welcome :)

SS, I had the same plan with the Myers I bought years ago. I hate this figure as is which is why I didn't buy it for retail. I got lucky and Tower was having a sale and got him for $20. Now I wish I would have picked up more than just one.

You have inspired me sir, but not enough to go digging through my garage:monkey5:D.

And, yes more pics please.

Very nice job on your resculpt SilentSurfer. I don't care what anyone else has stated but if you want the coveralls to be screen accurate SPRUCE GREEN is what color they were. JC PENNY BIG MACS in SPRUCE GREEN. :D Again very nice reworking that god awful Sideshow sculpt. You now have something you can proudly display. Mike

Hell yeah that last pic is so awesome...looks straight from the movie.

Here is what I did with mine. A little better looking than it did. But not as nice as yours.
Great job man.

Last edited:

I was thinking about doing the blood too, but decided to stick with H1.

Find a Saturday Toys jumpsuit, bleech it, and dye it olive drab. It's perfect. It will make all the difference in your figure.

Last edited:

That looks way better than the original Sideshow piece. I was thinking about doing the blood too, but decided to stick with H1. Thanks.

Just get rid of that horrible Sideshow jumpsuit. Find a Saturday Toys jumpsuit, bleech it, and dye it olive drab. It's perfect. It will make all the difference in your figure.
Yeah you can fit two Mikes in this one.

I've always wondered why someone never just bought some random 12" figure of Captain Kirk and modified THAT headsculpt? :confused:

what he said.

I did buy a really good custom head sculpt of Kirk from eBay, but it turned out to be too small, like Medicom scale or smaller. I was pissed when I got it cause the sculpt is perfect. Just would have had to alter the hair and drill out the eyes, but the size made it incompatible with Sideshow and Hot Toys, and since Freddy and Jason are Sideshow...

nice resculpt on the mask there, makes me want to add one to the collection

I'm pretty certain that blue is the right color for the coveralls on classic Myers, and Olive drab would only be right for Zombie's version of the character.

Yep, as stated earlier... Olive is the best color for Michael Jumpsuits H1/H2. The Spruce Green also works, as it's the closest available.

As for RZ Myers, he actually used Carhartts... which are actually a very light brown color with brown collar. It's the dirt and filth that makes it look dark, not the color itself.

X01.jpg

And great work Surfer, those last pics are fantastic man. You really nailed that sculpt, and you should have made a mold... seriously. I make Myers of my own and I would have wanted one. :lol

Back