Michael Jackson's new album coming December 14th and "Breaking News" song

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Michael Jackson Album coming November 2010!

Kuzeh from what I read the album should have 10 to 12 songs on it and 5 of those songs are in question if they are Michael Jackson or not.:(:monkey2

This does not sound good to me.:(:monkey2

Yeah, I've been reading all the drama...
I do think it's Michael Jackson, but with a lot of processed effects and other chorus and background vocals, they pretty much killed the song...
I'm thinking that these tracks were nowhere near finished, and they are trying to "cover" that with crappy cookie-cutter effects...
Not good at all...
:(

Kuzeh from what I read the album should have 10 to 12 songs on it and 5 of those songs are in question if they are Michael Jackson or not.:(:monkey2

This does not sound good to me.:(:monkey2

Are you kidding me!?!? I've been in this damn line forever waiting patiently for this. :horror

This is an outrage! Someone should just tell Michael to wake up already! :lecture

Re: Michael Jackson - "Breaking News" New Song

There's been some apparent controversy over this song.

IMO it's not very good either way...

Well Kuzeh what do you think? Michael or not?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/T-NF0Yh6m_w?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/T-NF0Yh6m_w?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Re: Michael Jackson's new album coming December 14th and "Breaking News" song

The full song.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/VfA4eLjsO20?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/VfA4eLjsO20?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

IT IS Michael Jackson,
the acapella version is a very rough cut, not even a decent demo IMO,
but it is him...
They just uploaded a better mix version on the official website:

https://breakingnews.michaeljackson.com/UK/

Sounds much better IMO
also here's MJ's Estate official statement on the matter...

Dear Fans

There is nothing more important to the Estate than Michael’s music, his legacy and his fans.

As the Michael album was being put together, it was decided to bring Teddy Riley on board to work on several songs, including “Breaking News,” a song Michael recorded with Eddie Cascio and James Porte in late 2007 while living at the Cascio family home with his children. Riley produced and submitted “Breaking News” to Sony for inclusion on the album. At that time, no one ever mentioned that the vocals we heard on the Cascio songs, which were basically in demo format, might not be Michael. It was known, however, that the background vocals were a combination of Michael and James Porte.

After the tracks were submitted to Sony, three of these Cascio songs were selected to be on the album, and “Breaking News” was one of the three. The day after the submission and selection of the album tracks, for the very first time, the authenticity of Michael’s vocals on the Cascio tracks was questioned.

Because of these questions, I was immediately asked by co-Executors John Branca and John McClain to conduct an investigation regarding the authenticity of the lead vocals on the Cascio tracks.

Six of Michael’s former producers and engineers who had worked with Michael over the past 30 years - Bruce Swedien, Matt Forger, Stewart Brawley, Michael Prince, Dr. Freeze and Teddy Riley - were all invited to a listening session to hear the raw vocals of the Cascio tracks in question. All of these persons listened to the a cappella versions of the vocals on the Cascio tracks being considered for inclusion on the album, so they could give an opinion as to whether or not the lead vocals were sung by Michael. They all confirmed that the vocal was definitely Michael.

Michael’s musical director and piano player on many of his records over a 20-year period, Greg Phillinganes, played on a Cascio track being produced for the album, and said the voice was definitely Michael’s. Dorian Holley, who was Michael’s vocal director for his solo tours for 20 plus years (including the O2 Concert Tour) and is seen in the This Is It film, listened to the Cascio tracks and told me the lead vocal was Michael Jackson.

These are all engineers, producers and musicians who worked on tours and/or in the studio with Michael when he was recording Bad, Thriller, Off The Wall, Dangerous, Invincible, HIStory and Blood On The Dance Floor, and they all reconfirmed their belief that the lead vocals were Michael’s voice on the Cascio tracks.

The Estate then retained one of the best-known forensic musicologists in the nation to listen to the vocals without any instrumental accompaniment (“a cappella”), and to compare them with a cappella vocals from previous Michael songs. This expert performed waveform analysis, an objective scientific test used to determine audio authenticity, on the Cascio tracks, as well as previously released tracks with Michael’s voice, and reported that ALL of the lead vocals analyzed (which included Cascio tracks) were the voice of Michael Jackson.

Sony Music conducted their own investigation by hiring yet a second well-respected forensic musicologist who also compared the a cappella lead vocals from Cascio tracks against previously released vocals of Michael's, and found that Michael’s voice was the on all sets of the raw vocals. The Cascio tracks were also played for two very prominent persons in the music industry who played crucial roles in Michael’s career. Both of these individuals believed that the lead vocals were Michael’s.

Just to be absolutely certain, I also contacted Jason Malachi, a young singer who some persons had wrongfully alleged was a “soundalike” singer that was hired to sing on the Cascio tracks, and I confirmed that he had no involvement with this project whatsoever.

Sony decided that, given the overwhelming objective evidence resulting from the exhaustive investigations outlined above, they wanted to release a record that included three of the Cascio-Porte tracks - because they believed, without reservation, that the lead vocal on all of those tracks were sung by Michael Jackson.

Although there still seem to be concerns being expressed in some quarters about the authenticity of the lead vocals, notwithstanding the opinion of those who worked with Michael, and two independent forensic analysts, ultimately, Michael’s fans will be the judges of these songs, as they always are. We take all fan comments very seriously, and as I’d stated above, there is nothing more important to the Estate than Michael’s music, his legacy and his fans.

Michael’s fans are extraordinary in their quest for accuracy and their passions to raise their voices in a search for truth! We join with them in our care and concern for Michael. We are continuing to follow up with those who have worked in the studio or on tours with Michael, and if any new information comes to light, we will keep you and the fans advised.

Thanks,

Howard

Howard Weitzman, Esq.
Attorney for the Estate Of Michael Jackson
Santa Monica, CA

IT IS Michael Jackson,
the acapella version is a very rough cut, not even a decent demo IMO,
but it is him...
They just uploaded a better mix version on the official website:

https://breakingnews.michaeljackson.com/UK/

Sounds much better IMO
also here's MJ's Estate official statement on the matter...

Kuzeh, Drama or no drama over this track, I Pre-Ordered My "MICHAEL" album and T-Shirt. :D How about you? :D

Last edited:

I'm still debating wether or not to order the t-shirt...
Not too crazy about the cover...
I have it pre-ordered in Amazon though...

BTW, here are low quality scans of the full cover
Interesting but a bit amateurish IMO...

mid_2010-11-09-18.21.15.jpg

mid_2010-11-09-18.22.44.jpg

mid_2010-11-09-18.22.59.jpg

mid_2010-11-09-18.23.33.jpg

mid_2010-11-09-18.24.42.jpg

mid_2010-11-09-18.24.59.jpg

OFFICIAL MICHAEL JACKSON SINGLE
HOLD MY HAND
TO BE RELEASED ON NOVEMBER 15th

MICHAEL Album Track Listing Unveiled

New York, NY - The first official single from the forthcoming Michael Jackson album MICHAEL will be released globally on Monday, November 15th at 12:01am EST. The song entitled “Hold My Hand” will be unveiled on www.michaeljackson.com and for sale digitally thereafter.

“Hold My Hand”, a duet with Akon, is a song they recorded in 2007. A handwritten note from Michael belonging to his Estate indicated his desire that “Hold My Hand” be the first single on his next project. However, in its unfinished state, the song leaked out in 2008. Akon recently completed the new and final production of “Hold My Hand.”

Akon comments, “The world was not ready to hear ‘Hold My Hand’ when it leaked a couple years ago. We were devastated about it. But its time has definitely come; now in its final state, it has become an incredible, beautiful, anthemic song. I’m so proud to have had the chance to work with Michael, one of my all time idols.”

On December 14th, Epic Records in conjunction with the Estate of Michael Jackson, will release the much-anticipated new album MICHAEL. The album contains ten tracks, produced by an esteemed group of producers along with Michael Jackson. While primarily focused on songs that Michael worked on recently, there are also earlier compelling tracks.

MICHAEL is the first release in nine years of new material by one of music’s most beloved icons whose artistry continues to touch new generations of fans. The album marks another release under the new agreement between the Estate of Michael Jackson and Sony Music announced in March that continues the label’s 35-year relationship with Michael and his music. During that time, Michael sold hundreds of millions of records, had 13 #1 singles and released the pop culture phenomenon “Thriller,” which remains music’s all-time bestselling album with more than 100 million copies sold worldwide.

MICHAEL ALBUM TRACKLISTING:

1. Hold My Hand (Duet with Akon)
2. Hollywood Tonight
3. Keep Your Head Up
4. (I Like) The Way You Love Me
5. Monster (Featuring 50 Cent)
6. Best Of Joy
7. Breaking News
8. (I Can’t Make It) Another Day (Featuring Lenny Kravitz)
9. Behind The Mask
10. Much Too Soon

www.michaeljackson.com

:D :rock

MICHAEL ALBUM TRACKLISTING:

1. Hold My Hand (Duet with Akon)
2. Hollywood Tonight
3. Keep Your Head Up
4. (I Like) The Way You Love Me
5. Monster (Featuring 50 Cent)
6. Best Of Joy
7. Breaking News
8. (I Can’t Make It) Another Day (Featuring Lenny Kravitz)
9. Behind The Mask
10. Much Too Soon

www.michaeljackson.com[/SIZE][/I]

:D :rock

Interesting... but...
Hold my hand was previously leaked...
The way you love Me is in the Ultimate Collection :dunno
Monster WITH 50 cent???... :confused:...

The others should be interesting to listen...
BTW Nick, I bet you already love Monster... :lol

Last edited:

Interesting... but...
Hold my hand was previously leaked...
The way you love Me is in the Ultimate Collection :dunno
Monster WITH 50 cent???... :confused:...

The others should be interesting to listen...
BTW Nick, I bet you already love Monster... :lol

:lol Yes that song with 50 Cent you can hear about 25 sec. of it on youtube, It sounds good by the way. People are saying its fake but I do not think so. Its got someones yahoo email address within the sound clip.

A tip so that you know what clip you are looking for.

Yeah I heard it... it's hard to listen to though...
Hopefully it's good...

Anyway, so seems like Behind the Mask is originally from the Japanese Electronic band Yellow Magic Orchestra:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/7DSue36BpH8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/7DSue36BpH8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Later re-worked by MJ and Greg Phillinganes (musical director for Bad and Dangerous tours):

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/tE5lhnv0QD4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/tE5lhnv0QD4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

And later on covered by Eric Clapton when Greg Phillinganes joind his band:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/64dUqMxxyjQ?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/64dUqMxxyjQ?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Look forward to it!!
MJ always worked with the best!!

NOW THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON!!!!!!!!!!! :rock :D

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/PIxEISCUN3k?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/PIxEISCUN3k?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:

Well, after listening to the new version of 'Hold My Hand', I have to say that I like the original leaked version better. This new one seems to be too processed and I dont know, the best words I can come up with at the moment is over saturated. The song was originally written and recorded with the idea that it would primarily be an Akon song featuring Michael for Akons album at the time. It had the right sound and flow to me as it was. It featured Michael, but Michael wasn't the driving voice of the song. Now they are trying to make it a Michael Jackson song featuring Akon, and they have changed it a lot to make it seem new and different from the leaked version and have thrown all kinds of little snippets of Michaels voice from the recording session to make it seem more so of a song that was meant for one of his albums. It just doesn't feel or sound like a Michael Jackson song. I am 22 years old and have been listening to him and his music practically from the day I was born, religiously. To the point where even today, people give me _____ for my love of the man and his skills, and I have to say, you can tell his presence is not there in the finishing touches.

Well, honestly, I like this version better...
despite him not being there to finish up these songs, his presence is there... it will always be in any of the work he did... IMO...

Well, honestly, I like this version better...

Me too. :) :clap I feel that both Akon and MJ's voices come through better on this one. Akon and Michael Jackson sound perfect together! :):clap
Akon did a beautiful job putting the finishing touches on this track. :) I love how Akon changed the intro to "Akon and MJ" :) :clap Michael would be proud of this track and of Akon doing such a wonderful job finishing it up. :) :clap Thank you Akon, Thank you Sony, And Thank you Michael Jackson for the years of beautiful music you gave us and still continue to give us. :clap

Nick

Back