Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although I agree (deeply), I'm kinda curious as to where the whole thing will go. Maybe they'll just go for the "They're teenagers by age, and just want to be like a normal human teenager" angle. Which would in fact make Mikey, wearing pants, more of a plausible thing. Maybe they're trying to give the turtles more depth, and keep it fresh, kinda like what they did in the more recent comics. Change sucks, but sometimes it works pretty good. Look at what they did with the joker.
But all of this being said. It being a Bay produced film, I highly doubt we'll get any depth, but we will get a lot of explosions and maybe a few weird angles with spinning cameras (yes I know Bay won't be directing this, but I do believe his influence will heavily be around).

I have no doubt the action will be well executed, especially their fighting style and their NINJA skills, which is something the previous films didn't do too much. However, when it comes to the the turtles having a "unique" look/style, I think it has more to do with selling toys, than anything to do with the plot, the story or an artistic decision. I honestly think they said, "Well, we got some toys to sell, so lets make sure each turtle looks very different with their own style, so that it's easier to sell to the kids." Selling the same figure with just a different color bandanna could be tough since most of those kids already have the cartoon figures. But at the same time, the turtles having their own style, might have something to do with their personalities and as way to show their role within the team. I just wish they had the classic simple look in the first half of the film, and then by the end of the film they can wear clothing and sunglasses...and all that stuff.

:lol What's that from?

You've never seen Beverly Hills Ninja! films hilarious, the guy that lays liu kang in mortal kombat plays Farleys Ninja helper/protector on a ninja mission in beverly hills, great stupid stuff.

terrible suit if you ask me !
anyway I thought this was a TMNT thread :rotfl
View attachment 118277
View attachment 118278
View attachment 118279
View attachment 118280

Garbage all of it! After seeing Trashformers I think I'm going to go into this movie like its a comedy.
And seriously, Donatello does machines, but do they really have to give him glasses that have been taped together? Oh look he's the stereotypical nerd so he has to wear glasses and look like dweeb. So freaking stupid.

Michael Bay..... ruining one childhood at a time.

tumblr_n8gtlkI2Tv1rsah24o1_500.jpg
New TV spot aired during World Cup game with lots of new footage. Should be online shortly.

Slowly this movie looks like it could be more than I was expecting.... I'm gonna let myself go and say I'm excited for this.

The trailer looks pretty darn fun.

I know some will say that the little turtle kids will be cheesy but I don't think so. We have never seen that in a movie so it is kind of interesting.

The Turtles did have to grow up. They didn't just become big all of the sudden, If anything that's being more realistic about it.

This is the only movie left this summer that I’m really looking forward too. Everything I’ve seen so far looks great.

A little, but I've never read any of the comics, all I know is they're a group of weird dysfunctional Aliens. I'm also not to big on most of Marvel Studios' films.

The Turtles I grew up with though, I'm also not expecting much, as long as the action is good and the turtles are charismatic, I should be able to enjoy the movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OMg that looks so awesome. Seriously that trailer got me pumped up actually. I like how leo looks actually look less busy in that one shot.

Back