Michael bay to do halloween

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm curious as to what it turns in to. Bay/Platinum Dunes have done it before with our other favorite slashers. If they can get Myers back into public consciousness, we can maybe get more of them sooner than later?

We can only go up though! :lol

Yes another good point. I get the fact that these characters are our modern day Universal Monsters and I'm ok with different versions being told. I just want it to be good.

Me too. Of all the slasher boys....Mikey was my favorite. I really wanted H20 to be the end of that storyline. Then re-boot. But alas, they ruined a magnificent ending by giving us H8:Resurrection. A horrible way to end that series imho.

Michael is going to be the first I guess to start multiple series storylines like Godzilla. With Godzilla....I would just skip the ones I thought sucked. Gonna do that with RZ's flix. Hopefully I wont have to do that with the Bay version,lol.:lol

Rob Zombies H1 wasn't too bad. His sequel is in the same catagory as H3 season of the witch, I pretend it doesn't exist. I didn't like seeing Myers as a bum, wandering through paddocks, having stupid visions about some skank. I hope this is good, I didn't mind the Texas remake.

Me too. Of all the slasher boys....Mikey was my favorite. I really wanted H20 to be the end of that storyline. Then re-boot. But alas, they ruined a magnificent ending by giving us H8:Resurrection. A horrible way to end that series imho.

Man, no kidding. I was very much shocked as I was expecting H20 to be very stupid considering it has one of the worst titles.
Halloween is my all time favorite horror movie. Personally, as far as Laurie's story, my canon is 1,2, then H20. Its a great way to end the series. Then they should have rebooted it with RZ which I also loved (the first one, the sequel was meh).

Anyway, I dont mind Bay's company getting a hold of Halloween as they did an absolutely great job with the TX chainsaw massacre and friday the 13th reboot.

Rob Zombies H1 wasn't too bad. His sequel is in the same catagory as H3 season of the witch, I pretend it doesn't exist. I didn't like seeing Myers as a bum, wandering through paddocks, having stupid visions about some skank. I hope this is good, I didn't mind the Texas remake.

I disagree. H3 Season of the witch was a good movie, just should of never called it Halloween. As a stand alone movie, which is kinda is but not, I enjoyed it.

RZ H2 was an abomination.

I liked all the Platinum Dunes horror remakes so far, and it would be pretty difficult to do worse than what Zombie put out, so whatever, I'll give it a shot. We're already at the bottom, we can only go up from here. :dunno

:nono There's always underneath the barrel. ANOES remake was under the barrel. :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly: :lol

i read that Bay's take on the franchise will be a continuation... not a retelling. hard to complain about the potential here... i didn't think we would see Michael on the big screen anytime soon.

i read that Bay's take on the franchise will be a continuation... not a retelling. hard to complain about the potential here... i didn't think we would see Michael on the big screen anytime soon.

A continuation of which ones? The originals or RZ's?

I think RZ's part 2 didn't leave things any better either to be honest.

Guess we'll agree to disagree. :lol

In the original series, there's nobody left and no further reason for Michael to kill other than having him return to Haddonfield and become like Jason at Crystal Lake (which he essentially was in Resurrection anyway), killing all the trespassers. At least from RZ's sequel (though he's already like Jason as far as size and killing), we can have Michael taken to the morgue where he escapes and causes more mayhem trying to find and kill Laurie. So in that vein alone, Zombie's would be more on par with the plot of Carpenter's initial Halloween than continuing on with where the original series left off. :huh

Guess we'll agree to disagree. :lol

In the original series, there's nobody left and no further reason for Michael to kill other than having him return to Haddonfield and become like Jason at Crystal Lake (which he essentially was in Resurrection anyway), killing all the trespassers. At least from RZ's sequel (though he's already like Jason as far as size and killing), we can have Michael taken to the morgue where he escapes and causes more mayhem trying to find and kill Laurie. So in that vein alone, Zombie's would be more on par with the plot of Carpenter's initial Halloween than continuing on with where the original series left off. :huh

Great points and I'm not against continuing Zombies anymore than Carpenters. I was just saying that I think they both sucked at this point in the game. However if they continued RZ's and brought it back more to how RZ's first one was, I'd be ok with that.

i dont think he can create anything near what rob zombie created!rob zombies movies were epic!

I'm not down on RZ but he did not "create" anything with the Halloween franchise. He re-envisioned it. Since he is so creative, then he should have done his own character that looked like what he turned Myers into for the sequel and called the movie "Hobo Killer" or something like that.

hmm...this might be interesting. As others stated, I loved the F13 remake and the TCM remakes...I wont mention NOES. Regardless it looks like everyones having a crack at Halloween so why not Bay. I'll be there to watch it, that I do know.

I'm not down on RZ but he did not "create" anything with the Halloween franchise. He re-envisioned it. Since he is so creative, then he should have done his own character that looked like what he turned Myers into for the sequel and called the movie "Hobo Killer" or something like that.

Damn straight bro, amen to that. Stupid hobo Michael, walking through paddocks with his bushy beard.

You know what a really novel concept would be? If someone could show some creativity in Hollywood and create a decent horror icon with the staying power of the Freddy, Michael, Jason, Leatherface instead of re-making the films until doomsday.

But that requires independent thought and creativity. Not just going "People am love Mikey Myers. Us am make 20 new moobies about him."

Unfortunately when we just keep packing otu cinemas to see the same drivel, we miss an original picture when it comes along.

For example: when I first saw the film "Insidious"....I didnt much care for it. I couldn't figure out why. So, I waited a few months and watched it again. It's actually a pretty good flick, with plot elements fairly untapped in film. It was original. As was the film "the Unborn". They touched on plot elements and mythologies that havent been trampled to death in film and were kind of unique. Which I think is what threw me at first. I had gotten so used to seeing formula films and re-makes that when something unique came along....it was unidentifiable at first to my subconscious.:lecture

Hollywood is bringing out so much re-made formula dreck....we are getting used to it. I don't wanna get used to it. While I always want the 80's monsters to be remembered like the golden age monsters....I would really like for someone to come up with an idea that is unique and original in its presentation. You know its bad when the 70's and 80's gave us all these icons, and more recently we just havent had too many films that bring us new iconic beasts.:peace

I will probably go see the film........:lol

Back