MGS 4 Raiden 12-inch Figure from Medicom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am from France and shipping is 60$ :monkey2

Again any idea rock83 if Spike Sideshow 12" coat is it the same than the "Vampire" Spike Sideshow 12 ?

as i mentioned,go for the vampire Spike,but if its the same as Vampire Spike i dont know,but it looks similar,check www.sideshowtoy.com and search for SPIKE and youll find all the Spike`s.

i'll post pics when i can get both together,

my raiden is waiting for me at home, and the coat is on it's way from hong kong, so i could be a couple of weeks....

but yeah, it is perfect, even moreso for a mgs1 liquid

Its a nice coat,but its slightly different than Raidens,it looks like Big Bossès coat in MGS4 though more than Raidens.

It's Total Recall. Staring good old Arnold Schwarzenegger (who is in Rocks sig and avatar).

some very quick phone pics, i will get some good pics on monday when i have access to my good camera, enjoy, the coat is a little small though

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

Late in the game, but finally got my MGS4 Raiden. It sure is a mix of greatness and disappointment all at the same time. The condition of the suit on mine is decent. Only some minor paint crack/tear on one butt seam, and some minor paint flaws. But nothing bad or tearing rubber. However, the body inside is quite disappointing. All the joints are much looser than my Old Snake's. And since they are all consistently loose on all joints, its not so much a QC issue of one or two problematic joints, but the body as a whole, including the feet and makes him not very easy to stand. Its by no means floppy, but they are not strong enough to hold almost any poses under the rebound of the rubber suit. And with the possible tearing on armpit & hip seams, guess I have to treat Raiden as a slightly poseable statue instead...

But gripes aside, man...he look so awesome. A bit funky on the eyes, so I repainted it really quickly. Also got Sideshow Vampire Spike's jacket for him. After checking on the videos, turn out this jacket is pretty much exactly the same jacket as the one Raiden is wearing! Fits him well enough, but arms a bit baggy. With some minor tayloring, this jacket would fit him perfectly. So for guys that still want to get Raiden a jacket, this would be the one to get, without costing too much. So overall, an awesome looking figure, with disappointing articulation. It wouldn't be bad at all if it has the same quality body as my Old Snake (joints very tight). But not sure why Medicom used bodies that have much looser joints, even looser than many recent Medicom releases I bought.

IMG_4666.jpg

IMG_4672.jpg

IMG_4675.jpg

Yes, the poseability was my major gripe also. Those joints are just not tight enough. And, to think that Medicom advertises these joints on the box: "Metal joint used on each articulation, allowing the figure to maintain variety of realistic poses!". Well, that is some exaggeration, isn't it! My Raiden does not maintain poses... Guess, its like mpchi says, he's more of a slightly poseable statue. Disappointing, really.

There isn't any metal joints from what i can see on my naked Raiden body only a few metal screws.

Late in the game, but finally got my MGS4 Raiden. It sure is a mix of greatness and disappointment all at the same time. The condition of the suit on mine is decent. Only some minor paint crack/tear on one butt seam, and some minor paint flaws. But nothing bad or tearing rubber. However, the body inside is quite disappointing. All the joints are much looser than my Old Snake's. And since they are all consistently loose on all joints, its not so much a QC issue of one or two problematic joints, but the body as a whole, including the feet and makes him not very easy to stand. Its by no means floppy, but they are not strong enough to hold almost any poses under the rebound of the rubber suit. And with the possible tearing on armpit & hip seams, guess I have to treat Raiden as a slightly poseable statue instead...

But gripes aside, man...he look so awesome. A bit funky on the eyes, so I repainted it really quickly. Also got Sideshow Vampire Spike's jacket for him. After checking on the videos, turn out this jacket is pretty much exactly the same jacket as the one Raiden is wearing! Fits him well enough, but arms a bit baggy. With some minor tayloring, this jacket would fit him perfectly. So for guys that still want to get Raiden a jacket, this would be the one to get, without costing too much. So overall, an awesome looking figure, with disappointing articulation. It wouldn't be bad at all if it has the same quality body as my Old Snake (joints very tight). But not sure why Medicom used bodies that have much looser joints, even looser than many recent Medicom releases I bought.

IMG_4666.jpg

IMG_4672.jpg

IMG_4675.jpg

Your repaint is really good, Raiden look much more "accurate" like that.
I will probably to the same thing...

Also you're right, this is definitively the best Jacket for Raiden, too bad I don't find this one for my Raiden...:sick

Thanks for the comment.

Yeah. Since I got a very sturdy body on Old Snake, I was expecting the same, or better. Turn out the tightness is one of the worse in my Medicom collection, with even the neck joint and hand pegs are loose. The hand peg doesn't lock in place like they should in my other Medicom figures with the same kind of hand pegs (Kenshiro). Really don't know what Medicom has in mind... You would have thought that they give extra care to the body tightness, knowing its all sealed up and can't be fixed like normal figures.

Saw some collectors cut open the armpit & hip seams to allow much bigger range of movement. The joint tightness on mine won't even allow any of those poses, even if I have those cut. All my Raiden can do is stand in a very cool fashion, with minimum shoulder movement, and elbow only bends like 50 degree.

Back