MEZCO One:12 Michael Myers HALLOWEEN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not likely, I believe for whatever reason, NECA is unable to work out a deal with the license holders, bad blood or something.

Not likely, I believe for whatever reason, NECA is unable to work out a deal with the license holders, bad blood or something.
I think the reasoning is Akkad wants too much $$ for the neca to make profit at their figures being $25 a pop. Where mezco could afford it cause their figures are $80 a pop.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Probably, but yet at Halloween time, it's affordable to release Shatner masks at $20-$25, who knows, it may not even be money, maybe something just rubbed Akkad the wrong way during negotiations, we'll never know, but given the amount of licensed Halloween merchandise hitting the market the past year or so, I don't think NECA's issue is anything to do with Akkad and company not wanting to give out a license.

Probably, but yet at Halloween time, it's affordable to release Shatner masks at $20-$25, who knows, it may not even be money, maybe something just rubbed Akkad the wrong way during negotiations, we'll never know, but given the amount of licensed Halloween merchandise hitting the market the past year or so, I don't think NECA's issue is anything to do with Akkad and company not wanting to give out a license.
I love mezco doing an Myers but man would really love an new 1/4 Myers.

I'd like a nice 1/6 Myers, even if by NECA, that doesn't cost $400. There are great custom parts out there to make a nice 1/6 figure, but they're not cheap.

I'd like a nice 1/6 Myers, even if by NECA, that doesn't cost $400. There are great custom parts out there to make a nice 1/6 figure, but they're not cheap.
I agree. I mean I love H6 so I'm pretty happy Three Zero is doing H6. But hopefully they will do 78 soon.

Did this have a release date on the card next to the figure? Or Just *Pending Licensor approval* I have yet to see a clear view of the display card.

any other pics from mezco?

SDCC-2017-Mezco-One12-Display-003.jpg

Last edited:
Looks really kick ass. Glad we are getting an H1 figure finally after all these years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I think the reasoning is Akkad wants too much $$ for the neca to make profit at their figures being $25 a pop. Where mezco could afford it cause their figures are $80 a pop.

I think this may be the reason, or since it's a mixed media product it's a different deal that Mezco made from what Randy and NECA were going for. I know that people always ask Randy about Back to the Future and why Hot Toys could get the license and they can't, and he says the license and actors' license is just too expensive for what they charge for their product.

I think this figure is great, but it's a line I haven't gotten into yet. I don't think this scale has much presence, but I like smaller figures for they're playability and cheap factor which these figures are not.

Anyone have any pics of a Mezco 1/12 figure compared to a NECA 7 inch Figure? I'm curious if I'm going to be able to display him with other NECA horror figures.

Anyone have any pics of a Mezco 1/12 figure compared to a NECA 7 inch Figure? I'm curious if I'm going to be able to display him with other NECA horror figures.

It would probably look better next to their Mego inspired retro line because of the cloth.

Mezcos is 6 inch Necas is 7 so would be an slight difference

Since NECA was able to make him, still holding hope for a Pleasance Loomis figure, Laurie would be a dream.

In a bit I'll post some pics. All I have at the moment is my Judge Dredd figure. My other one:12 figs are at my office. It will give you an idea though. You could display them together but it won't really be in scale. The one:12 figs are a tad too small to be compared with Necas. The figure looks great and I'm going to be picking up one loose and one to keep MOC.

Overall, I think if you were to want to display you would probably want to consider displaying with other Halloween figs, other One:12 figs or like I plan with a loose and carded version. I think it would look exceptional if placed in a detolf with a diorama of some sort or with other merch/collectibles from the film. Maybe have a mask on a dummy head behind it or something along those lines. Lots of possibilities although I highly doubt we get the best possibility in my mind which would include a Laurie and a Dr. Loomis. Ideally, I'd love to have a Myers from every film and a protagonist from every film. Loomis could come with a part 1 head and a burned head. Jamie could get a figure also assuming they could swing a figure of her in the appropriate size. She could include some kind of diorama..... but I suppose first we should just get this Halloween figure out first.

Back