Mezco One 12: Conan the Barbarian (Frank Franzetta)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Super 7 Conan is based on the Barry-Windsor Smith run on the book which is based on a younger Conan. This Frazetta Conan is an older, war weary version. I can just see the healed scars; all beaten up but triumphant at the same time.

I'm thinking we'll see Marvel Legends Comic Conan before we get this.

Why stop there? They should do a barbaric wave with Conan, Sonja, and Savage Land characters.

Super 7 is also doing a comic Conan

Go4pD6y.jpg

Sadly it's the wrong design. Frazetta, Buscema, or nada.

Oh hell yeah! Now that I will have to get! Frazetta's Conan is the definitive version for me. Wish someone would do one in 1/6 scale!

No, I haven't. I've look for Conan comic art.

Cool image, thanks. But that's not the one. The one I remember it was a front shot.

I mention the Curtis magazines because they were printed in B & W. Another artist to look up is Barry Windsor Smith.
Another image I found that might match what you're looking for:
Spoiler Spoiler:

I mention the Curtis magazines because they were printed in B & W. Another artist to look up is Barry Windsor Smith.
Another image I found that might match what you're looking for:

Thanks for another great image. The one I saw had Conan sitting up close, from the waste up, both large arms on a table, holding a mug or cup of beer, front shot, and his body looked massive. It may have been a two page spread, not sure. I can't remember any details tho, not even his face. I think there were some people in the background near him. He was hulk like massive.

Thanks for another great image. The one I saw had Conan sitting up close, from the waste up, both large arms on a table, holding a mug or cup of beer, front shot, and his body looked massive. It may have been a two page spread, not sure. I can't remember any details tho, not even his face. I think there were some people in the background near him. He was hulk like massive.

It's funny you describe it that way, because it sounds exactly like a quick drawing done by Dan Penosian, which I also believe is recent:
https://www.deviantart.com/urban-barbarian/art/I-Drink-Alone-323113449

I'll keep on looking for ya.

So, I’m the only one who doesn’t like it? Muscles look very unnatural and that torso is way too thin.
I like it but yeah I'd agree with that. This is supposed to come out in 2021(!) so it'd be nice if they tweaked it in the meantime.

Mezco had announced a Frazetta license a few years back so hopeful for Death Dealer and Fire & Ice to follow at some point.

It's funny you describe it that way, because it sounds exactly like a quick drawing done by Dan Penosian, which I also believe is recent:
https://www.deviantart.com/urban-barbarian/art/I-Drink-Alone-323113449

I'll keep on looking for ya.

Thank you. :) That's...close. The art I remember was more detailed/elaborate tho and the image was probably wider. I saw it in the late 80's or early 90's, but the comic/magazine could have been from much earlier. That's just the one image that I vaguely remember, and has always stuck with me for some reason

Random rhetorical question but is "Franzetta" supposed to be some kind of Internet shorthand for his first and last name or are people just misspelling his last name? I used to think the latter but now I'm not too sure.

I know this isn't the Arnold Conan, but I can't think of Conan without instantly thinking of the "Conan, what is best in life?" scene.

Good stuff. I think Frazetta Conan would agree with Arnie Conan.

Conan 1:6 Mixed media statue (designed by me) was put out last night by the looks of it. Sculptor did an amazing job. Hope folks dig it. More details soon as there is more to say on this. :)

Mezco 1sixth Conan.jpg

Back