Mezco One:12 Collective Ghostbusters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really excited about this.
The costumes are simple enough that it shouldn't be hard to make them look nice in this scale.

Really excited about this.
The costumes are simple enough that it shouldn't be hard to make them look nice in this scale.

Agreed. I might be the only one, but personally I hope the packs light up and maybe even make sounds. I think they would be big enough that they could.

I still hold out hope for hot toys of these. I feel kinda silly about buying half the team from diamond select now though. With Matty, we had no idea we'd ever get this again and they were the first but after Diamond and with a new movie coming out, I should've known better. I'm sure these will be wonderful, I just don't know if i'm ready to spend 70 bucks on an 6-7 inch figure. It's easier to justify this with a 1/6th scale, a 1/12, not as much.

Seriously. What the hell?

I still hold out hope for hot toys of these. I feel kinda silly about buying half the team from diamond select now though. With Matty, we had no idea we'd ever get this again and they were the first but after Diamond and with a new movie coming out, I should've known better. I'm sure these will be wonderful, I just don't know if i'm ready to spend 70 bucks on an 6-7 inch figure. It's easier to justify this with a 1/6th scale, a 1/12, not as much.

Those Matty Collector figures are too expensive and dated. I have no idea why HT couldn't pick up the license, since there was a study shown that Ghostbusters is one of the most recognizable brands in the world, it should be a no-brainer. I love all the variations of the toys coming out, but dammit I die a little bit inside whenever I find out a new announcement isn't a 1/6 figure. :lol

I would really love a HT Venkman 1/6 figure. I really hope HT does the classic guys.

Wasn't there a hint that Chronicle Collectibles was going to do 1/6 Ghostbusters?

I couldn't agree more with wanting a HT Venkman figure.

It's nice to have the four, but for me Venkman/Murray was "the" Ghostbuster so I could walk away with just Venkman.

In all honesty, I'd rather have a GB 1/6 display of demonic Dana, demonic Louis, Slimer and Devil Dog beside Venkman rather the four guys. Those characters/villains really summarize GB best to me.

Just take my money for these Mezco figs and any 1/6 GB figures...

JYAVWj7.gif

They look OK, but Blitzway's really stealing their thunder here. Great for folks collecting on a budget, though.

Blitzway is stealing no thunder as far as I am concerned. Absolutley zero interest in those. These are great for those that want quality 1/12 Ghostbusters and a nice 1/12 Ecto-1 instead of 1/6 scale that takes up way too much space. Plus these will actually be more FUN.

Agreed kara, BW are likely to be $250+, nevertheless, Mezco is kicking azz at this scale though.

I will buy both, because of my plastic addiction issue(s)

I mentioned in the DC thread that Mezco is running into a pretty big hurdle with trying to do non-spandex fabric at this scale IMO. But then I remembered some of the stuff 3A has done. . .and I can't help but feel Mezco is cheaping out here. These flight suits are a far cry from this:

https://forum.rebelscum.com/photoga...2-scale-boba-fett-prototype-close-up/cat/3481

Maybe that's the best you can do at this price point, but these are far from a high end item, based on what I'm seeing here. Again, nice for what they are, but they feel one step away from MEGOs with the thick, flat looking suits. Maybe these will look better in other angles and lighting.

I mentioned in the DC thread that Mezco is running into a pretty big hurdle with trying to do non-spandex fabric at this scale IMO. But then I remembered some of the stuff 3A has done. . .and I can't help but feel Mezco is cheaping out here. These flight suits are a far cry from this:

https://forum.rebelscum.com/photoga...2-scale-boba-fett-prototype-close-up/cat/3481

Maybe that's the best you can do at this price point, but these are far from a high end item, based on what I'm seeing here. Again, nice for what they are, but they feel one step away from MEGOs with the thick, flat looking suits. Maybe these will look better in other angles and lighting.

Even though I agree that those GB flight suits dont look that great, that Boba Fett isn't a good example. They made a very small number (around 5 if I'm not mistaken) of that Boba Fett figure to convince the licensing people to let 3A do Star Wars.

The regular 3A stuff in that scale cost about 35 bucks and come with zero accessories... I have faith that they'll refine the outfits before production.

Back