Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) Marvel Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how much does the toni mei suit run from

He's said the brown suit will be a very small run though, 10-15, and only sold to established customers and close friends. Still worth reaching out, just temper your expectations a little. He's also said that putting it on the figure will be pretty involved, and recommends only customisers with experience working in cloth give it a shot.

The stock Mezco brown suit Wolverine is definitely not cutting it. Tony's version is way better. Not trying to start the Mezco vs custom war but I gotta call a spade a spade in this particular case.

Well it looks like classic Wolverine is sold out. There goes any hope for the WL.

I got mine through a trade. He came today, I’m very happy with him though his arms could use a little more beefiness. I also got lucky because there a no issues with his costume. This is a wicked figure.

On the page it says “sold out “ but my order which I made September 13th still says waitlist. If their not filling any of these orders will I get my $20 NRD back?

i think im the only person digging the brown suit ver more than tiger.:rotfl the sculpt is more like how i saw him drawn in the brown and the flair on tiger is annoying, so close but so far away kinda thing. may as well get all flaired on brown and live with it.

enjoying modern skull, classic incomin paid too much but had to have that kirby goodness. still intend to put PX pun coats on modern skull but havent yet. unsure on which cap to get keep goin back and forth.

and again im SO SICK of the shoudler pads on my DD, jeeeebus h they anger me.:lol

the DP looks good but the grenade shells on shoulder straps obstructing his view .... ruin it.:slap

i think im the only person digging the brown suit ver more than tiger.:rotfl the sculpt is more like how i saw him drawn in the brown and the flair on tiger is annoying, so close but so far away kinda thing. may as well get all flaired on brown and live with it.

enjoying modern skull, classic incomin paid too much but had to have that kirby goodness. still intend to put PX pun coats on modern skull but havent yet. unsure on which cap to get keep goin back and forth.

and again im SO SICK of the shoudler pads on my DD, jeeeebus h they anger me.:lol

the DP looks good but the grenade shells on shoulder straps obstructing his view .... ruin it.:slap

Ehhh..... I believe the sculpts are the same.....

I tried making my own Punisher mask with real fabric. It turned out harder than I thought it would be :slap I suck at sewing.
I haven't painted the logo on yet, but could you guys honestly tell me what you think?
Also, do you know of other customs like this (with real fabric)? I know someone made a great headsculpt with the mask, but it's not with real fabric. I'd just like to see if other people tried this and how to make the best mask possible.

IMG_2781.jpg

I think it actually looks nice, it looks like a home made mask which makes it look realistic.

Maybe you want it to be smaller, but I think how it fits right now is pretty good.

If you intend to paint a white skull on it, I'd suggest dry brushing it, so it looks chalky and botched, that'd give it another realistic touch.

I've made other things but never tried to make a mask.

Hell, that looks like it could be a nice Deadpool mask too.

Thank you man. I'm thinking about using a very small paintbrush and apply the paint directly on the mask and let it dry, is that how I should do it? I'm just worried that the paint won't stick to the fabric so well.

I tried to make the fabric stick the closest to the face as possible so we can see his nose and jaw, then I stitched the fabric on the back but it was extremely hard to do for me.. I guess it could be even be made smaller but it's so hard to do. The back does look like the Deadpool mask :slap

Out of all the additional heads I would have liked Mezco to include, it was this Punisher with mask headsculpt they teased but didn't release in the end. There's a guy that did make some custom HS but sadly he won't make anymore and I missed my chance there. So trying to make my own, I'm open to all the good advices I can get to make a proper job.

This is just the first prototype, I may make a better one. I'd really need to learn some sewing techniques. If you guys think this one is alright, I'm going to try the paint tomorrow and update with pictures.

Acrylic paint should stick to the fabric just fine, just make sure you cover the face of the figure with some plastic paper or something, otherwise you risk getting paint on it.

I say experiment on it. Now that you know how to make one, make 2 or 3 more to see which paint you like best. That's what I do.

dry brush is a technique where you put some paint on a beat up brush, you dry it a bit on a rag or paper, so the paint is dry when you do the application, and then you apply it by doing gentle brushes onto the surface, that should bring up all the face details on to the fabric.

That's the technique used by the people who make the muscles of their figures pop up through the fabric of the suit.

There should be plenty youtube tutorials out there, I watch a bunch before doing anything to remind me how it's done cause I do custom stuff very sporadically and forget :lol

It's weird that they decided to drop that headsculpt.

Thanks for all the advices man. I hadn't thought of a piece of plastic to protect his head, I thought I'd unstitch the mask and paint without the head, but putting a plastic to protect the figure is actually a much better idea. I could use the plastic designed to protect the head provided in the box :p
I will definitely try several variants on that mask.

I have to give full credits to customizers like Tony Mei who manage to do all this stitching work perfectly. It's hell really, and I only worked on a mask, I can't imagine working on a full body. It really is hell.

I think they dropped the mask because it would have been four different headsculpts, and this would have been an exclusive headsculpt to the PX exclusive, so they would have had to sell the PX figure at an even higher price. And they already had the three other ones done and ready... Sucks that they had to cut the production costs but it is what it is. Now we have to do it ourselves...

I saw that you had reconciled with Mezco and ordered Red Son Superman. You won't regret it, he really stands out of my collection. I love it, except for the stitching around the shoulders/chest, but it's not that bad. One of the best Mezco figures for sure.

Customizers like Tony Mei I think use the same mini sewing machines 3A and Mezco use, surely those companies have industrial ones though.

I'd recommend plastic paper, the one you use to cover food bowls and stuff, since I feel that one would stick better to the face and you can get all the features when you dry brush it.

Well, I had made up my mind long ago that I would make a Superverse, so I need that Superman and they won't likely make another Red Son, I'm sure I'll like it. I still don't regret at all having passed on Classic Supes, I can't wait for their TDKR Supes.

I will also get BvS Supes eventually.

I’m glad you got a chance to try it out and maybe develop a deeper appreciation for what the customizers put out there and are doing at home. That’s why I was puzzled when you said TMs stuff looked amateur:

Hmmm, nope... I hope this doesn't sound mean, but it looks too amateur. You feel it's a custom.
I'm the first one to criticize Mezco when they ****** up, or when they go cheap, but so far they have never delivered a figure that looks semi-professional or amateur. Sometimes they failed (Harley Quinn), sometimes the material they used felt cheap for the price they charged, but all in all, it has always looked professional.
I'm all for the good customs, but not when they look amateur, not when you feel it's not professional. This figure screams "custom".

The material he used doesn't look good... The Mezco version, even with the modern choices they made, looks professional. I will say though, removing the shoulders' pads looks like it could have looked better than with shoulders' pads. But as it is, comparing both, the Mezco version is miles better for me.

I've seen custom heads for Mezcos, jackets, entire customs, but so far I'm not pleased with what I'm seeing. They all lack the professional touch, except the Superman head, but even on that one, the Mezco Red Son's head looks the best. I do know customizers that sometimes kill Hot Toys regular releases, but when it comes to 1/12 figures, I've yet to see a better job than the one offered by Mezco.
Just my opinion.

I think your balaclava looks pretty good. I think the eyes are on the larger side but it works at this scale. GZ made some great suggestions for painting it up but I’d make two and keep one all black. Looks cool that way too.

Post more pics whatever you decide.

Will do. Thank you man.

And thanks for the plastic paper recommandation Gaspar, I appreciate it.

I do appreciate the customizers work, always, and to some extent I appreciate Tony Mei's Wolverine. However I do really find it amateur looking next to the Mezco one, but it doesn't mean I don't find it nice to watch. The Mezco version just looks better finished, that was my point. I like the material they used better and I do dig their modern take on the design. I get that some of you like Tony's version more because it's more accurate to the original design. That's fine.

As for Classic Sup, I wish I had Tony's HS, I do think the head he made fits the figure better. The Mezco HS is a failure. So many things bug me on the Classic Sup figure, but I think I would accept it more if the HS was good. As it is, it's not.

I wish Mezco released a TDKR Superman. And also TDKR Joker, obviously. And TDKR Armored Batman. I wonder if they had done the design three years ago. They may have but for some reason dropped it.
But as far as 2018 goes, there's no room for TDKR Superman. They have so many figures to release: reg. Wolverine, X-Force Deadpool, X-Force Wolverine, Old Man Logan, Knightmare Batman, Symbiote Spider-man, reg. Spider-man, Homecoming Spider-man, Ascending Knight (and variants), Stealth Suit Batman (Justice League), Aquaman (Justice League), Wonder Woman (Batman V. Superman), Michael Myers (I'm pretty confident this guy will have variants), the four Ghostbusters, Ash from Evil Dead 2, Darkseid, Captain Kirk with Commander Chair, PX Deathstroke, Catwoman, Batman Beyond, Thor (from Thor Ragnarok), Hulk (from Thor Ragnarok), Iron man, Popeye, Netflix Daredevil, Punk Joker, Deluxe Joker, Dawn of the Dead Zombies, Diabolik, Doctor Strange (and Variant)...

It's crazy. I'm not even sure they'll manage to release all of this this year. There are figures that we were supposed to have in 2017 that still haven't been released, and it was the same story in 2016. They've announced so many figures it's hard to keep count, I've just said the names out of memory but I may be forgetting some.

So I doubt they'll return to TDKR anytime soon. Also, Pierre said in an interview that the "Ascending Knight" was part of a project in three stages. Basically, they want to propose their own, full take on Batman. Ascending Knight is basically their Batman Year One. Then they'll offer a middle-life Batman. And then an older Batman. Just like their Punk Joker is their own take on the Joker.
So I wonder how far they will go with that approach. Because they don't have to pay for additional licences if they make up their own designs. If Ascending Knight sells well, I bet we can expect a lot of things that aren't taken from the comics. And hence even less chance of getting a proper TDKR Superman.

I've always found it weird that they started something with TDKR but never continued. I'm also not completely understanding how they can manage to keep on delaying stuff. Like Harley Quinn, I'm pretty sure she doesn't sell well compared to other Mezco figures. She was released way too late, after all the other toy companies offered their take on the character, and some very close to the release of the movie. Mezco released the figure almost a year and a half after the release of the movie. When you think about it, it's really crazy. Even Hot Toys didn't take that long.

Back