Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) Marvel Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not wrong, you just proved me right, that's the interview I was refering to, they can't do pockets because it "adds layers and bulk", they can't do it without adding bulk like 3A does, so they can't.

Now go ahead and google Mezco prototypes so you see I'm also right about Mezco digitally sculpting their stuff.

Yet, they are still more snug fitting and better tailored than say Punisher's pants, that don't have any pockets.

So again, they are not baggy because of the pockets, they are baggy because they're military fatigues, the same way Punisher's pants are baggy, even with pockets 3A fatigues are much better fitting and less baggy than Punisher's pants, your judgment is off in this topic as well.

Do they have to be such distasteful renditions? It's so obvious they don't get these characters.

They are facts and you have proved one of them.

I feel like you're here just to troll the thread at this point. wtf man. 3A has been in this game a lot longer than Mezco and also has a higher price point on their figures which allows them to produce what you're talking about as being a superior product. What rendition of a character has been distasteful exactly?

Nice shots of Wolvie and Deadpool! If I had the extra cash, I would jump in on a lot of these figures too, but as it is I've only got Old Man Logan and Gladiator Hulk on order. I would get a classic Punisher too if he wasnt so damn expensive lol

That Deadpool looks perfect, and Wolvie looks really nice, but I dont care for the mask/cowl design Mezco went with. Pop the head from the upcoming Marvel Legends yellow Wolvie on the Mezco figure and you'll have a perfect Wolverine IMO

I feel like you're here just to troll the thread at this point. wtf man. 3A has been in this game a lot longer than Mezco and also has a higher price point on their figures which allows them to produce what you're talking about as being a superior product. What rendition of a character has been distasteful exactly?
You're the owner of your emotions.

Until their recent releases 3A was much cheaper with shipping included, my last purchase; Von Nom was $80 shipped, that's on par with Mezco's pricepoint (at least for me $40 cheaper since shipping is included) but they've been doing more intrincate stuff , i.e: cargo pants, jackets, for like 7 or 8 years, and they started at $35 and $50.

Most of them, do you want me to go into detail? :lol I mean, I'm happy to oblige but you'll suffer from more of my repetitive whining, in short; they have this ongoing mindset that rationalizing what are meant to be ridiculous costumes into "realism" makes them look cool and modern, it doesn't, the spiky boots of Wolverine with laces and military design is the perfect example, adding linning and "tactical" details does not work for all characters, it does for some, but for the ones that don't, makes it look over-designed and gaudy, but not in an aesthetic way, ergo; distasteful, and it's wrong from a deep misunderstanding of the characters, have you ever heard their explanations for why Robin is unrealistic or what kind of shorts would Wolverine use being a outdoors guy? :lol

so there should be more classic red skull exclusives hittin after market correct? via non show attendees PO's? waitin on that price to drop but aint budging.

gaspar-have had 1/12 threeA pants tear super easily on a noir de plume way back, they are no way as solid construction wise as 1/12 mezco IMO, the bods feel very fragile etc etc. how did you get von nom for 80 shipped? wasnt he in the membership pack? but i do agree threeA pioneered this 1/12 ish and played a huge roll in mezco doin it now. my mind was blown when i got the nom de plume 1/12 via 3aa pack years back, game changer.

The oldest portable figure I have is an AP Kyuuketsuk, I think it's a 5 year old figure, and its bermudas are super sturdy, the fabric is pretty strong and the stitchng is damn tight, I think it's the figure I've posed the most and it's good as new, I also have a bunch of de plumes and grunts and same thing, those paints will not tear any time soon. It's honestly the first time I heard about this issue, not even in the old outpost did people complain about that, broken wrists? All the time, but fabric tearing? Yours is the second account I've heard of.

The bodies are definitely super fragile, but the clothes are miles ahead in both quality and detail, body-wise, Mezco has that unbreakable American toy feel.

That was Von's price on Bamba, got 2 of them, I don't think it was sold anywhere else, was it?

Glad to see people acknowledging the original king of quality cloth outfits in 1/12! ThreeA doesn't get enough recognition from Mezco fans. And of course the 3A bodies invited customisers to explore licensed designed in the scale, and we got brilliant superhero figures in stitched suits from artists like MikoSwabe. All years before the first DKR Batman.

Gaspar, I'm 100% on board with your sentiments about Mezco's design direction. I'm probably more forgiving than you, since I own eight figures from the line and love them all. But I hate what they've done to Wolverine, and I can't believe how they're cluttering Knight Ascending Batman and absolutely ruining Batman Beyond with panel lines and tacticool webbing everywhere. Hell, tiger stripe Wolverine is the most accurate look they've produced and the helmet still has these weird panel lines that make the mask look worse.

And yet, they knock it out of the damn park sometimes. Look at Deathstroke: he strikes a nice balance between the lighter comic looks and the heavily-armored Arkham and Arrow TV show versions, just enough bulky armour to look serious, great range of motion unhindered by the armour, quality outfit and bang-on colouring. Those strengths, particularly the amount of armour on the suit, come down to good design choices. So how do Mezco absolutely nail those choices for some designs, and screw up the same decisions for others?

I hated the pants Punisher comes in. Cheap looking material that made him look squat and Wolverinesque. Upon his release, I got my hands on a pair of 3A cargo pants and while it took some heavy mods to the mezco figure to get them to fit, they really did kick up the look of the figure a few notches for me.

Glad to see people acknowledging the original king of quality cloth outfits in 1/12! ThreeA doesn't get enough recognition from Mezco fans. And of course the 3A bodies invited customisers to explore licensed designed in the scale, and we got brilliant superhero figures in stitched suits from artists like MikoSwabe. All years before the first DKR Batman.

Gaspar, I'm 100% on board with your sentiments about Mezco's design direction. I'm probably more forgiving than you, since I own eight figures from the line and love them all. But I hate what they've done to Wolverine, and I can't believe how they're cluttering Knight Ascending Batman and absolutely ruining Batman Beyond with panel lines and tacticool webbing everywhere. Hell, tiger stripe Wolverine is the most accurate look they've produced and the helmet still has these weird panel lines that make the mask look worse.

And yet, they knock it out of the damn park sometimes. Look at Deathstroke: he strikes a nice balance between the lighter comic looks and the heavily-armored Arkham and Arrow TV show versions, just enough bulky armour to look serious, great range of motion unhindered by the armour, quality outfit and bang-on colouring. Those strengths, particularly the amount of armour on the suit, come down to good design choices. So how do Mezco absolutely nail those choices for some designs, and screw up the same decisions for others?
Yeah, when they make the right decisions on when to go classic and when to go "mez-flair/tacticool" you get masterpieces, like Cap Marvel, Punisher and Deathstroke, when they don't make the right decisions, you get Wolverie, Ascending Knight or Batman Beyond.

I'm right with you on those stripes on the back of Wolverine's head, it looks decent enough as a Wolverine headsculpt, but those stripes ruin it.

However, I think Mezco would nail a Grampa's Luchador Wolverine look.

I hated the pants Punisher comes in. Cheap looking material that made him look squat and Wolverinesque. Upon his release, I got my hands on a pair of 3A cargo pants and while it took some heavy mods to the mezco figure to get them to fit, they really did kick up the look of the figure a few notches for me.
You can fit 3A pants on Mezco? Nice, exactly what I need, I have a bunch of them lying around and I want to make a custom with some MezKO punishers I'm getting.

Are they regular 1/12th 3A, or are the 8" 3AGO pants?

Would love to see photos of that customised Punisher for sure. Are you talking about the PX? I quite liked the bodysuit pants on retail Punisher but think that the PX, once the hype of all the accessories wears off, is kind of a letdown. And nobody wants to admit it because they spent $150 at launch or $400 now on the worst-dressed version of the character :wink1:

I am not wrong, you just proved me right, that's the interview I was refering to, they can't do pockets because it "adds layers and bulk", they can't do it without adding bulk like 3A does, so they can't.

Now go ahead and google Mezco prototypes so you see I'm also right about Mezco digitally sculpting their stuff.

Yet, they are still more snug fitting and better tailored than say Punisher's pants, that don't have any pockets.

So again, they are not baggy because of the pockets, they are baggy because they're military fatigues, the same way Punisher's pants are baggy, even with pockets 3A fatigues are much better fitting and less baggy than Punisher's pants, your judgment is off in this topic as well.

Do they have to be such distasteful renditions? It's so obvious they don't get these characters.

They are facts and you have proved one of them.

At this point you're embarrassing yourself even more, keep on digging man ;)

About ThreeA and designs: I don't like Ashley Wood's style. But I recognize he is an artist and that his take is interesting because it's different and stylish to some extent. But personally, I don't like his style and I guess that's part of the reason those ThreeA figures aren't more recognized and sought after. Because really, I'll take Mezco design any day over an Ashley Wood design. I've seen various customs of superheroes with the Ashley Wood design and even official releases and boy do I find them ugly.
Still, it's an interpretation, it's nice that it exists and that's why I bought some of those ThreeA figures. It's funny though that some criticize the modern take of Mezco while Ashley Wood really takes the characters where you wouldn't expect them at all. I appreciate its existence but Mezco to me is doing it how it's supposed to be. It's all a matter of tastes in the end.

At this point you're embarrassing yourself even more, keep on digging man ;)
By all means, did you google what I told you to google to verify I was right about that too?

About ThreeA and designs: I don't like Ashley Wood's style. But I recognize he is an artist and that his take is interesting because it's different and stylish to some extent. But personally, I don't like his style and I guess that's part of the reason those ThreeA figures aren't more recognized and sought after. Because really, I'll take Mezco design any day over an Ashley Wood design. I've seen various customs of superheroes with the Ashley Wood design and even official releases and boy do I find them ugly.
Still, it's an interpretation, it's nice that it exists and that's why I bought some of those ThreeA figures. It's funny though that some criticize the modern take of Mezco while Ashley Wood really takes the characters where you wouldn't expect them at all. I appreciate its existence but Mezco to me is doing it how it's supposed to be. It's all a matter of tastes in the end.
Ashley Wood's art is take it or leave it, I like his gasmask stuff and some of his robots, I'm not a huge fan of most of his stuff otherwise, oh, his Metal Gear comics are also fantastic. His takes on superheroes are even worse than Mezco's for what that's worth, so we can agree there that I would also take Mezco over Ash's stuff when it comes to superheroes.

I can agree thay Mezco is what Superheroes are supposed to be, when they get it right.

Last edited:
Would love to see photos of that customised Punisher for sure. Are you talking about the PX? I quite liked the bodysuit pants on retail Punisher but think that the PX, once the hype of all the accessories wears off, is kind of a letdown. And nobody wants to admit it because they spent $150 at launch or $400 now on the worst-dressed version of the character :wink1:
You mean the Punisher I intend to customize? I will attempt to do a doomguy, oh boy I hope I don't screw it up, I'll sculpt the helmet, vest and kneepads, hopefully all removable, keep Punisher's boots, and make a t-shirt and pants, I was thinking about getting some pants from cjesim, if I screw up making the pants.

As for Punisher, yeah, Mezco has a lot of post purchase justification due to its high pricepoint for the scale, I've seen many figures people are critical about and end up "loving them" after they're released.

They release the badass classic look for mezco exclusive, punisher, wolverine, joker, batman,deadpool, and Probably more. They keep the comic look for them, put out the motified look for everyone else

Mezco’s beautiful hand sculpted renderings:
09B29736-1A6E-4247-89FE-E2B97E756567.jpeg
B80A0758-03E8-49CD-BF3D-A64E690E37A5.jpeg
0DE8A3E1-EE5A-4872-B428-AB6E760B2F70.jpeg
11801E14-642D-42C2-BDED-6621DDC9D172.jpeg
B270F48D-9630-4DC8-9BDE-3DECF4F571A8.jpeg
29EE4CF2-2114-4BD0-8B93-D259269655CA.jpeg

Way’ment....

You can fit 3A pants on Mezco? Nice, exactly what I need, I have a bunch of them lying around and I want to make a custom with some MezKO punishers I'm getting.

Are they regular 1/12th 3A, or are the 8" 3AGO pants?

Ehhhh kinda. Took a lot of dremling to his legs and vigilante booty/fruit bowl to make it work. They were white 1/12 3A pants from what I remember.

I'll dig him out and take some pics this evening. It was the retail Punisher, but the pants are the same on the PX, just grey instead of black. I got two of the PX at launch and yeah in retrospect it was a little too much to pay for me. As far as these go, even the nicest Mez I won't pay over $100 ever again. I think I paid $110 for both Armored Bats and I feel more satisfied with that purchase than I did Frank.

Back