Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) Marvel Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my first One:12. glow in the dark Space Ghost. Really cool, but I wish I would have gotten the regular version. I didn't realize it came with the extra head. Really cool line of figure. May get more. I have me eye on the Frankenstein

There is no edition size on X-Men Deadpool. It's a Mezco site exclusive, so you can assume it'll be more limited than the standard release, but we don't know by how much. I don't think a sensible person would trade a Classic Punisher for it.

There's also just the fact that X-Men Deadpool is a weird variant and Classic Punisher is literally the definitive look for the character.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

There is no edition size on X-Men Deadpool. It's a Mezco site exclusive, so you can assume it'll be more limited than the standard release, but we don't know by how much. I don't think a sensible person would trade a Classic Punisher for it.

There's also just the fact that X-Men Deadpool is a weird variant and Classic Punisher is literally the definitive look for the character.

Thanks for the info, that's what I figured. No edition size listed on Mezco size site for xmen DP, hence my offer of a regular punisher.

Seems like an okay offer but in their place I'd hold out for a PX or another Mezco Exclusive to trade for. Too early to see whether DP will be sought-after.

Yup guys are thinking too much like a scalper. It's not about cost and edition sizes. It's about access to what you want. If a guy is a bigger DP fan than a Punisher fan but isn't going to SDCC now that he's sold out, I could see the trade being worth it to me.

All f|_|ck it, I'll just buy a couple extra DPs and sell em and use the profit to fund one of those Classic Punishers.

Maybe. I personally am a bigger DP fan than a Punisher fan and still wouldn't go for it. We know Punisher is a high-quality figure with a great assortment of accessories, and probably the best-received Mezco figure to date next to TDKR Batman. We don't know if the base Deadpool figure will be good, let alone the exclusive, and it's hardly an iconic look for Deadpool. The colours don't even seem to match the comics in which he actually does wear that suit.

But you're right, if it makes sense for someone else they should just go for it. This is about what you like collecting, more than anything else.

Yup guys are thinking too much like a scalper. It's not about cost and edition sizes. It's about access to what you want. If a guy is a bigger DP fan than a Punisher fan but isn't going to SDCC now that he's sold out, I could see the trade being worth it to me.

All f|_|ck it, I'll just buy a couple extra DPs and sell em and use the profit to fund one of those Classic Punishers.

Who is thinking like a scalper? I didn't buy any of these to resell at double or triple retail cost. I'm also not going to trade one of the rarest figures in the line for one without a known edition size. That's just common sense.

Yes...common scalper sense.

No one asked you to trade but thanks for your opinion.

The point is if someone was lucky enough to get the Classic (likely multiples) and wasn't able to get the SDCC DP, they may be interested in a trade. Maybe not a straight one to one trade but a trade nonetheless. Scalper thinking though says I have a figure that is precious like gold and even though I'm more of a DP fan, imma hold on to this Punisher (my own collection be damned) because "dere's gold em dem hills!" and sit on it.

If you think like a collector, it's more about what's going to round my collection out best. And if one collector has something I want and I have something he wants, there's an opportunity for both to benefit.

...but most people think in terms of wins and losses particularly when it comes to monetary gain (as if collecting is an investment), so you're right. Like I said, I'll look into grabbing a few at SDCC and get em up on fleebay before the show is over. I can use the profit to purchase the CP...now that's thinking like a scalper!:wink1:

I think Lee is right, I'm also a bigger DP fan than a Punisher fan (in fact I'm not a Punisher fan at all) but if I had a classic Punisher no way in hell I would trade it for that ugly X-men DP.

Because Classic Punisher = $$$$ :lol, not sure that necessarily traduces to scalping, it's just common sense.

Also, Punisher is a better figure, prettier, perfectly executed.

I didn't think anyone really wanted to trade, more of a hypothetical trade discussion, isn't selling/trading limited to those forums?

I get what you're saying, but I think the term scalper is used for a lot of collectors when it shouldn't be. I bought one classic punisher for myself when released and he's staying in the collection as many other "collectors," I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there's a tendency for collectors to do scalper type sh|_|t and us collectors don't call a spade a spade. I have almost zero interest in this DP, but the Twitter folks seem to love it. Nothing but praise for it and Mez over there. I flat out said it looks like SH|_|T! Frankly, im surprised they haven't blocked me yet cause I'm still trolling them MFs for that Classic Punisher stunt :mad:

I don't think there's a ton of guys out there willing to trade. Hell, there ain't a ton of guys with the figure to trade. And to those who have just one, I'm sure they're going to keep it.

I think there's a tendency for collectors to do scalper type sh|_|t and us collectors don't call a spade a spade. I have almost zero interest in this DP, but the Twitter folks seem to love it. Nothing but praise for it and Mez over there. I flat out said it looks like SH|_|T! Frankly, im surprised they haven't blocked me yet cause I'm still trolling them MFs for that Classic Punisher stunt :mad:

I don't think there's a ton of guys out there willing to trade. Hell, there ain't a ton of guys with the figure to trade. And to those who have just one, I'm sure they're going to keep it.

I think we agree more than not. [emoji12]

I would consider selling my Punisher,but people expect you to sell it for retail or give it away for practically nothing.

I would consider selling my Punisher,but people expect you to sell it for retail or give it away for practically nothing.

I've helped people out and given them an awesome deal on a figure that was selling for ridiculous prices... a few months later they're selling the figure for a ridiculous price. Feels awesome.

I've helped people out and given them an awesome deal on a figure that was selling for ridiculous prices... a few months later they're selling the figure for a ridiculous price. Feels awesome.
I feel that so hard, haha. I've sold my 1000Toys to other collectors all near or under retail, and I tell them that I hope they will pass the saving on. I've seen one or two go at eBay prices (twice retail) so far and stopped paying attention because I don't need the disappointment to deal with.

I got one better for you...I actually helped a guy out by picking exclusives up at SDCC with my money only to have the guy back out after I got back with his stuff. What made it worse was the stuff wasn't even something I collect! I ended up having to list it on a forum site to get rid of it.

I've also picked up exclusives for guys at SDCC at cost only to have them turn around and hock the sh|_|t on fleebay.

Had a similar experience here. I had a figure coming in that I didn't care too much for and I was gonna sell for cost. But decided to cancel it once I read him bragging about selling figures for 3 and 4 times the cost to other collectors.

Last edited:
Back