Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) Marvel Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know if I'm going to get this one or the black & red version. If they weren't $80 I'd buy them both.

DD looks pretty good. I wonder if the fabric will hinder articulation on these (as usual).

Multiple headsculpts :yess:

classic comic costumes :clap

price point - is questionable...it will probably depend on how poseable these really are.

This line is intriguing! We'll see if it can become a contender in the 1:12 market

If they made them $50 they wouldn't be able to make them fast enough to keep up with demand.

I know that they're very different markets but look at the videogame console makers like Sony, Nintendo and MS.

Ignore me being naive for a second here.

They take a beating with losing money on their consoles for a few years just so that they can get them out in huge numbers into the homes where they can make up the loss with their software licensing and eventually with manufacturing costs lowering and enough consoles sold they start breaking even on them.

For example, it is being reported that Sony will be taking a huge loss on every VR headset sold this coming fall, even at $400.00 a pop, but they need to move them out in great numbers.

I wonder if the toy companies could follow the same formula?

Mezco takes a hit up front on their 6" line at $50 a pop but they move a great deal of them AND they sell them as only a base figure, no accessories.

Then if you want an extra head or character item you pay extra for those but if you're happy with just the base figure at $50 then at least you get to own a character that you love and Mezco makes up their upfront loss on the quantity being moved out and from those that want the extra items.

You want that battle damaged shield or head, boy are you going to pay for it! :lol

At $50.00 I would totally get caught up in the excitement which in turn would increase the chances of me giving in to impulse buying, WIN for Mezco right there!

I don't know, maybe Mezco is already taking a loss even at $80.00, who knows, but I also doubt it! :lol

I'm just simply trying to figure out a way where the companies can still profit while not pricing out so many collectors which has to hurt the entire industry as a whole, no!?

I read many comments from collectors who are taking a serious look at their buying habits, having to now be picky by sacrificing one character for another even if they equally love both the same.

I'm not saying we all weren't already making these difficult decisions even when HT used to be $120.00, sacrifices will always have to be made for us regular folks no matter the cost, it just seems to have skyrocketed big time now!

Ahhhh, first world problems. :lol

People in some countries be like..."Hey, can we first get running water and a sewer system before I worry about if i'm getting a red or black Punisher!" :lol

Oh well, whatever....screw it, i'm buying them! Even at $80 I have zero control over my impulse habits, divorce lawyer be damned! :lol

Last edited:
Nice to see a fellow poseability nut! You really do need it, especially in this scale. I think Daredevil will be limited, but it looks poseable in the right places:

Mezco-One12-Marvel-038.jpg

MEZ11051.jpg

The wired clubs were a very smart choice on Mezco's part—they should allow for a lot of display options even with the limitations of the suit. Plus, the wires seem to allow for diving poses that imitate some very cool scenes from the comics, like the above. Since DD is pretty streamlined in such poses, you should be able to get a cool and characteristic display without straining against the suit too much.

Also, as much as I dislike the new price-point, I think it's justified provided everything is high-quality. These guys come with much more stuff than the TDKR figures. Daredevil has six pairs of hands, three portraits two pairs of clubs and a couple of display base options. Cap will ship with two portraits, four pairs of hands and three additional hands, magnetic attachments on the shield and harness, and some clip-on belt accessories. By comparison, Batman came with four pairs of hands and two headsculpts, plus the sniper/belt or handgun/holster set depending on which version you got.

Best looking bases in the industry as far as i'm concerned!

That looks bad ass with the clubs like that, right out of the funny books!

I'll definitely agree there. Mezco nails character specific bases and packaging. I originally planned on just dipping into this line lightly and grabbing the Batmen and a couple other random characters, but at this price point and the amount of detail and characters being kicked out, this line may overtake my 1/6 spending at some point in the future. I'm just loving this line.

I just need to see their shelf presence first before deciding how to proceed with their line.

Price for plastic pound NOTHING in this industry can touch Neca's 1/4 line, even when they went from $65.00 to $80.00 to now $100.00, they remain king of my shelves!

Lets see what Mezco has to say about that!

DD looks pretty good. I wonder if the fabric will hinder articulation on these (as usual).

Multiple headsculpts :yess:

classic comic costumes :clap

price point - is questionable...it will probably depend on how poseable these really are.

This line is intriguing! We'll see if it can become a contender in the 1:12 market

The fabric didn't hinder any articulation on their DKR Batman so I expect DD shouldn't have any issues.

DD seems to have some kind of rubber overlay on the suit though; that might hinder it a little. Plus the body is skinnier. Still, looks fine to me. I will be buying this when it comes out, but no need to PO now. Would much rather snap up exclusives as they come out, since these should be with retailers for a while.

I can't see DD having an "ab crunch" on the promo pics and the unmasked face. :slap

Still loving the two other head sculpts, just need $80.

These are freaking phenomenal, why isn't anyone doing this type of figure for Star Wars? :cuckoo:

Back