Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) Marvel Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the reg red skull today...I like him better than the ex, I do feel like his coat is a bit big but he's great overall

Yeah, coat looks large in videos but I'll see once it arrives. Honestly, seeing the black bodysuit in reviews was a very pleasant surprise and I might just have him displayed like that. Would be nice to have him with the holster/belt on in that look, but apparently it's a little big. However, I've noticed there are some slots to tighten the shoulder-strap, so if they've done the same with the belt it should be possible.

I don't think anyone has yet produced an excellent jacket in 1/12-scale. Red Skull's runs too large, and while it looks mostly fine, the sleeves look pretty ridiculous in comparison to his hands. The others have tailoring that makes them look a lot worse, like the stitched seam at the edge of the Joker's jacket.

Sewing leather jackets in 1/12 format is pretty hard, you need specific machines to do this, it's not done by hand. The hardest thing is to put details like buttons or even a functional zipper, it all has to be produced specifically. ThreeA also do this kind of stuff but imo they're not really doing it as well as Mezco. I don't have the Red Skull regular figure yet, but the Punisher leather jacket is incredible. Don't get me wrong, ThreeA are doing a great job, but it's not as precise as what Mezco is doing with this One:12 line. I'm criticizing the One:12 line a lot but it's because I'm very passionate about it, I still think they can improve, but they're doing something that's never been done this good before.

I'm going to put more of my thoughts on that subject.

I finally received Tiger Stripe Wolverine in the mail, unboxed it, and I have to say, I'm amazed by its simplicity. It's simple and at the same time, it's gorgeous and classy. It's one of those Mezco figures that look a lot better in person than in video. In fact, when you place this Wolverine in the middle of your Mezco collection, he's the first one that grabs your attention, yet he's the smallest one (in my collection anyway).

Still... As I do with each release, I compared Wolverine to TDKR Batman. It is worthy, I may even go as far as to say it surpasses TDKR Batman in style and beauty. But the major problem is that they used a vinyl material for the speedo instead of stitching it (like they did on TDKR Batman) and guess what, I just noticed Superman suffers the same problem. And I'm just too afraid it will tear if I go for the dramatic poses I went for with TDKR Batman which didn't worry me and still doesn't show any sign of wear after all this time.
It didn't strike me at first but I had to check with some early pro-shots of Superman, I swear he had a stitched speedo when he was first revealed, and indeed, it was stitched. Why did they change this?
I didn't even notice when I got Superman, but it feels like they did this because it was cheaper to make. And sadly it does limit the articulations and the poses I would do.
It could also be that the vinyl material offers a better color and perfectly match the boots and shoulder pads.

But I'm not going to ***** about the price tag since this Tiger Stripe Wolverine comes with three head sculpts, and the Logan head looks absolutely fantastic. You do get your money worth on that one, the stitching on the suit is just perfect, the exclusive Red Skull jumpsuit was cheap but this Wolverine... they went all out. They didn't go for a cheap thing. Maybe just for the speedo, but maybe it's an artistic choice, I don't know.

Only thing missing is a cigar, but I wonder if they can put smoking accessories with Marvel figures? I know Neca was able to do it with Predator, but that's Predator. Figma also put some cigarettes here and there with particular characters but that's Japan... My wild guess is that they can't make some characters smoke. I doubt Marvel would allow that. Could be wrong, but if I was designing a Wolverine figure, the first thing I would have thought of as an additional accessory would be a cigar, surely they must have thought about it but couldn't.

Overall it's a fantastic piece, really classy, one of the best figures from the One:12 line, in fact it has instantly become my favorite with TDKR Batman. Then Deadpool.
The major complain will be if this figure remains so hard to get. Really, how many of this exclusive were produced?
If the creators behind this line were normal people wanting to make big profits, this particular Wolverine figure should be a standard in the One:12 line, like it should be available at any time on their website, I believe there'd be a huge demand for it. Same thing with Classic Punisher, especially considering the success of the Netflix series, it should have been a standard, and not just 400 figures.

You know, I'm suspecting the creators of this line to not be standard people wanting to make big bucks. In fact I think they make some figures hard to get on purpose to make this line special. But if that's their intention, I wish I'd have known sooner so I'd have bought 2 of each figure instead of one. Not to make a business out of this but just in case one figure breaks or wears in the future. I'd love to keep most of this line in pristine condition as I grow old and if some figures are impossible to buy again the future, that's a bummer.

Hopefully Mezco will re-release popular figures once they have finished most of what they are doing. I guess making this particular line is complicated since it's so detailed and particular, but I wish there were more of these figures produced.

Thanks again justaguy for another detailed description of these figures and your opinion of them. I've really enjoyed them. I just received my first Mezco figure(exclusive Deadpool) and I've been on the fence about getting on the waitlist for the exclusive Wolverine fig but after watching reviews and reading your comments, I think I'm going to. I really hate that I didn't pick up the DKR fig from my local shop when I had the chance. Big regret! :slap

You are welcome Rkirby, glad you enjoyed it and congratulations on your first Mezco! The exclusive Deadpool is pretty neat and unusual. If you can, you should get the standard version too, imo it's one of the best of the line and the two Deadpool are a perfect match when displayed together.
I highly recommend this Tiger Stripe Wolverine too, bear in mind it will be shipped soon from the Mezco website so the prices will drop a bit on ebay, that will be the best time to buy it. I may buy another one if the price is reasonable, especially since I think it's the only Wolverine variant to have the young Logan head, I may customize it with a cigar.

About TDKR figure, I still regret passing on the black & white variant. I wasn't sure about it back then, I thought the price wasn't really justified but it still was easy to find on ebay and I could have paid for it easily. And now I'm ******* hehe.
Now I will be very careful with the upcoming releases, especially Michael Myers, it's like my most wanted figure ever right now. I hope they do Jason and Freddy as well.

You are welcome Rkirby, glad you enjoyed it and congratulations on your first Mezco! The exclusive Deadpool is pretty neat and unusual. If you can, you should get the standard version too, imo it's one of the best of the line and the two Deadpool are a perfect match when displayed together.
I highly recommend this Tiger Stripe Wolverine too, bear in mind it will be shipped soon from the Mezco website so the prices will drop a bit on ebay, that will be the best time to buy it. I may buy another one if the price is reasonable, especially since I think it's the only Wolverine variant to have the young Logan head, I may customize it with a cigar.

About TDKR figure, I still regret passing on the black & white variant. I wasn't sure about it back then, I thought the price wasn't really justified but it still was easy to find on ebay and I could have paid for it easily. And now I'm ******* hehe.
Now I will be very careful with the upcoming releases, especially Michael Myers, it's like my most wanted figure ever right now. I hope they do Jason and Freddy as well.
Well I have the normal version with Headpool, is there a difference between them that I need to get both? I kinda like the X-Force version too. I'll definitely keep an eye out for a good deal on the Tiger Stripe suit.

So I received DP. I guess there’s no way around it but the harness snapped at the holster as it has been reported. It’s just a poorly made section of the belt and it’s too tight for that space. The rest of the figure is great. I do wonder with the material used around the black leather parts are extremely tight so be careful. I was fortunate to get him at under retail so I suggest try finding him at a discounted or retail price. Don’t think it it’s worth paying above retail with its flaws. It’s too bad because then I would put it up there as one of the best DPs. Still a fun figure to pose, but flawed.

I finally received Tiger Stripe Wolverine in the mail, unboxed it, and I have to say, I'm amazed by its simplicity. It's simple and at the same time, it's gorgeous and classy. It's one of those Mezco figures that look a lot better in person than in video. In fact, when you place this Wolverine in the middle of your Mezco collection, he's the first one that grabs your attention, yet he's the smallest one (in my collection anyway).

Still... As I do with each release, I compared Wolverine to TDKR Batman. It is worthy, I may even go as far as to say it surpasses TDKR Batman in style and beauty. But the major problem is that they used a vinyl material for the speedo instead of stitching it (like they did on TDKR Batman) and guess what, I just noticed Superman suffers the same problem. And I'm just too afraid it will tear if I go for the dramatic poses I went for with TDKR Batman which didn't worry me and still doesn't show any sign of wear after all this time.

I swear, every time you post I just find myself agreeing with all of it. I sold both my striped Wolverines for that reason. I have my doubts about the durability of the vinyl shorts, but to be honest, I just hate the look of them as well. Sure, you avoid the seam which made DKR's underpants look a little big and blocky, but the abrupt change in texture is awful. They need a solution that keeps the same texture as the cloth suit, or at least doesn't reflect light so much!

Sewing leather jackets in 1/12 format is pretty hard, you need specific machines to do this, it's not done by hand. The hardest thing is to put details like buttons or even a functional zipper, it all has to be produced specifically. ThreeA also do this kind of stuff but imo they're not really doing it as well as Mezco. I don't have the Red Skull regular figure yet, but the Punisher leather jacket is incredible. Don't get me wrong, ThreeA are doing a great job, but it's not as precise as what Mezco is doing with this One:12 line. I'm criticizing the One:12 line a lot but it's because I'm very passionate about it, I still think they can improve, but they're doing something that's never been done this good before.

I'm going to put more of my thoughts on that subject.

It didn't strike me at first but I had to check with some early pro-shots of Superman, I swear he had a stitched speedo when he was first revealed, and indeed, it was stitched. Why did they change this?
I didn't even notice when I got Superman, but it feels like they did this because it was cheaper to make. And sadly it does limit the articulations and the poses I would do.
It could also be that the vinyl material offers a better color and perfectly match the boots and shoulder pads.

But I'm not going to ***** about the price tag since this Tiger Stripe Wolverine comes with three head sculpts, and the Logan head looks absolutely fantastic. You do get your money worth on that one, the stitching on the suit is just perfect, the exclusive Red Skull jumpsuit was cheap but this Wolverine... they went all out. They didn't go for a cheap thing. Maybe just for the speedo, but maybe it's an artistic choice, I don't know.

Only thing missing is a cigar, but I wonder if they can put smoking accessories with Marvel figures? I know Neca was able to do it with Predator, but that's Predator. Figma also put some cigarettes here and there with particular characters but that's Japan... My wild guess is that they can't make some characters smoke. I doubt Marvel would allow that. Could be wrong, but if I was designing a Wolverine figure, the first thing I would have thought of as an additional accessory would be a cigar, surely they must have thought about it but couldn't.

Overall it's a fantastic piece, really classy, one of the best figures from the One:12 line, in fact it has instantly become my favorite with TDKR Batman. Then Deadpool.
The major complain will be if this figure remains so hard to get. Really, how many of this exclusive were produced?
If the creators behind this line were normal people wanting to make big profits, this particular Wolverine figure should be a standard in the One:12 line, like it should be available at any time on their website, I believe there'd be a huge demand for it. Same thing with Classic Punisher, especially considering the success of the Netflix series, it should have been a standard, and not just 400 figures.

You know, I'm suspecting the creators of this line to not be standard people wanting to make big bucks. In fact I think they make some figures hard to get on purpose to make this line special. But if that's their intention, I wish I'd have known sooner so I'd have bought 2 of each figure instead of one. Not to make a business out of this but just in case one figure breaks or wears in the future. I'd love to keep most of this line in pristine condition as I grow old and if some figures are impossible to buy again the future, that's a bummer.

Hopefully Mezco will re-release popular figures once they have finished most of what they are doing. I guess making this particular line is complicated since it's so detailed and particular, but I wish there were more of these figures produced.

Did you get wolverine from mezco or another way or party

Aesthetically I think this literally looks like a man in a DP suit

URL=https://s270.photobucket.com/user/guyver12/media/Diana%20Mafex/c49fe43d-96e6-4040-8b69-f9b3fb57bc9c.jpg.html]
c49fe43d-96e6-4040-8b69-f9b3fb57bc9c.jpg
[/URL]

The red really gets your attention compared to other DPs :horror

Awesome pics guyver! Can you show a pic of where the harness separated from the holster? I just want to make sure it doesn't happen to mine. Of course I still haven't unboxed mine yet

Very cool photos indeed! I might try some myself once I get Harley Quinn and Regular Red Skull. I'm really highly anticipating this Harley figure, I saw some pictures which are very worrying, but she didn't have her jacket and the bubble gum headsculpt on, I hope they didn't fail her too much.

@snakeeyes171: I bought it on ebay some time ago, took ages to ship, had I known it hadn't shipped from the mezco website, I would have waited, I'm pretty sure the prices will go down a bit once everyone gets their pre-orders.

I swear, every time you post I just find myself agreeing with all of it. I sold both my striped Wolverines for that reason. I have my doubts about the durability of the vinyl shorts, but to be honest, I just hate the look of them as well. Sure, you avoid the seam which made DKR's underpants look a little big and blocky, but the abrupt change in texture is awful. They need a solution that keeps the same texture as the cloth suit, or at least doesn't reflect light so much!

Yes I totally understand this. Hence why I may consider a second one just in case this one wears out with time... Either that or I will resell mine in due time if I see any sign of wear starting to happen. Or I'll have to learn how to stitch ha! :p I'm sad they didn't stitch the speedo, I know that my TDKR figure will stand the test of time but as far as some of these newer Mezco figures are concerned, I'm really unsure and this prevents me from trying any nice pose I had in mind.

On topic, aren't Red Son Superman and Black Adam shipping tomorrow? I read Deathstroke would come out next week but I'm on the fence about this figure. The Preview Exclusive "Stealth" version looks better, but have no idea when it comes out. Too many of this Mezco figures lately, the schedule is very hard to follow!

Red Son and Black Adam have already reached some collectors so they must be shipping very soon from US distributors. We have no idea about Deathstroke yet. Mezco said next week to someone who messaged on Facebook, but we'll see. I prefer the colours on the original but the accessories for the PX are nicer for sure. The issue for me is that I already have Punisher in a black bodysuit and will have Red Skull displayed without the jacket when he comes, so those two plus PX Deathstroke feels like too many plain black figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome pics guyver! Can you show a pic of where the harness separated from the holster? I just want to make sure it doesn't happen to mine. Of course I still haven't unboxed mine yet

" What guyver was referring to is the part that clips the harness to my belt see where I'm pointing

It's ridiculous Mezco c'mon how can you do this to me!...One cheap clip and the gun holster keeps sliding down my leg "

" Mezco did that to you..LOL..LOL "

" That's the lamest way to attach a harness to a holster I've ever seen LOL! "

" It looks like your holster is taking a piss down your leg! LOL! "

" It's what!! "

" UGH..I'm sorry Freaks..it is a great way to clip on the holster "

" That's better "

" SYKE! ..it's hideous and you fell for it LOL!! "

" Mezco screwed you..Mezco sucks!! "

" Figma is the best Freaks..Figma all the way!..Mezco sucks.. Figma all the way! ..I'm number one for a DP figure LOL !! "

" That's more like it "

" Umm. what guyver is really saying fellow freaks, is that the holster is minor nitpick that you just have to be careful with the harness, and it's only on one side ..the other side is totes okay.. soo Mezco did a fantastic job with just the tiniest flaws that really don't matter. The Mezco DP is a engineering masterpiece and it puts the Figma version of me to shame "

" ******* Yeah!! "

Last edited:
Back