Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer the signature; you can always leave a note to the FedEx courier to leave the package if it’s indirect signature required.

I bought a Toy Fair Ascending Knight off of ebay. Cost me a lot (over $1000 but not those impossible over $4000 auctions), I could have bought 3 or 4 Hot Toys figures for that price. Crazy. I haven't gone this crazy on something for a long time.
I may regret it but I really dig this all-black design. The Toy Fair Punisher (all black) is currently my favorite Mezco Punisher (I have them all). When I was a kid there was a very stupid baby figures line where the black variant was the hardest to get. And there was also a line called "Cosmix" (or something like that) where the black variants were almost impossible to get. I remember in school we were all talking about the "Black Dragon" figure which no one ever got.
The Mezco Toy Fair all-black exclusives remind me of that era.

Now I may really regret it because the MDX Ascending Knight is supposed to be all-black too except for the gold belt. If the two figures are 100% identical except for the belt I will resell one of the two figures. I hope that like The Punisher figure, the black is different on the two figures to justify the existence of the Toy Fair exclusive. Otherwise the MDX will be the superior figure because Batman is supposed to have a yellow/gold belt. I will keep you informed about the difference of colors if it's on any interest to anybody here lol.

On other topic, the Knightmare Batman looks ace. I'm on the fence of buying it but waiting for the prices to drop a bit (yeah it's ironic since I just spent over $1000 on a figure, but Knightmare isn't as limited number-wise as Toy Fair exclusives (100 copies).

I bought a Toy Fair Ascending Knight off of ebay. Cost me over $1000...

tenor.gif

I bought a Toy Fair Ascending Knight off of ebay. Cost me a lot (over $1000 but not those impossible over $4000 auctions), I could have bought 3 or 4 Hot Toys figures for that price. Crazy. I haven't gone this crazy on something for a long time.
I may regret it but I really dig this all-black design. The Toy Fair Punisher (all black) is currently my favorite Mezco Punisher (I have them all). When I was a kid there was a very stupid baby figures line where the black variant was the hardest to get. And there was also a line called "Cosmix" (or something like that) where the black variants were almost impossible to get. I remember in school we were all talking about the "Black Dragon" figure which no one ever got.
The Mezco Toy Fair all-black exclusives remind me of that era.

Now I may really regret it because the MDX Ascending Knight is supposed to be all-black too except for the gold belt. If the two figures are 100% identical except for the belt I will resell one of the two figures. I hope that like The Punisher figure, the black is different on the two figures to justify the existence of the Toy Fair exclusive. Otherwise the MDX will be the superior figure because Batman is supposed to have a yellow/gold belt. I will keep you informed about the difference of colors if it's on any interest to anybody here lol.

On other topic, the Knightmare Batman looks ace. I'm on the fence of buying it but waiting for the prices to drop a bit (yeah it's ironic since I just spent over $1000 on a figure, but Knightmare isn't as limited number-wise as Toy Fair exclusives (100 copies).

the damage is done, may as well open him up and post the pics

A grand for a new six inch figure? :slap

I know.
The prices are getting out of hand. Knightmare Batman is selling for over $240 on ebay (over the retail price of a brand new Hot Toys figure and 3 times the original price) and it's just gotten out.
I'll argue I'd rather spend a grand on a very rare figure limited to 100 copies than a quarter of a grand on a figure more than a thousand people can have. Over $100 on any figure has always seemed unreasonable to me anyway. We are not reasonable people.

At this point I'm not thinking rationally anymore but more over the design, the rarity and how much I can resell it for. I know I will be able to resell that 1K figure for the same price if I'm bored with it.

I'm also surprised to see that Mezco figures are becoming more valuable than Hot Toys figures. There are not a lot of Hot Toys figures that became as rare and pricey.

I know.
The prices are getting out of hand. Knightmare Batman is selling for over $240 on ebay (over the retail price of a brand new Hot Toys figure and 3 times the original price) and it's just gotten out.
I'll argue I'd rather spend a grand on a very rare figure limited to 100 copies than a quarter of a grand on a figure more than a thousand people can have. Over $100 on any figure has always seemed unreasonable to me anyway. We are not reasonable people.

At this point I'm not thinking rationally anymore but more over the design, the rarity and how much I can resell it for. I know I will be able to resell that 1K figure for the same price if I'm bored with it.

I'm also surprised to see that Mezco figures are becoming more valuable than Hot Toys figures. There are not a lot of Hot Toys figures that became as rare and pricey.

I think there are more than 100 but unless they say so I guess you never know for sure. I remember buying the B&W for $220 when they first hit because nobody knew what the heck they were. I had 3 at one point and sold two for about $450 each... I wish I would have kept them all now. Oh well.

Just got my Knightmare. Debating wether to keep or sell. I have the HT as well. Don’t think i need both.

I wish I had bulk ordered the ascending knight toy fair when it was up on the site. I had it in my cart but convinced myself it was just a loose interpretation of the batman begins suit. And no one was loving this whole ascending knight version including me. The prices it’s going for is crazy.

Looking forward to the blue grey version now. Closest thing to a 70s batman this far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't like their new signature required crap on pretty much everything now. If its $400 then yeah but $90?

If you create a FedEx account you can change the delivery location. I have a Walgreens 5 minutes from my house that I can have it switched to for free and I can just swing by there on my way home from work.

On a side note, I totally forgot I ordered a Nightmare Batman from Mezco and was kicking myself for missing it until I got a shipping notice out of the blue. Appearently I ordered that one as a guest and not through my Mezco account. Sigh, if only that had happened with Classic Punisher. I will be kicking myself for missing that preorder for a long long time.

Just got my Knightmare in, very happy with him. A quick phone pic to show the goods.

Knightmare.jpg

You forget he is 6 inches tall. Looks great.

Have to say I did a double take on the tiny box he came in.

If you create a FedEx account you can change the delivery location. I have a Walgreens 5 minutes from my house that I can have it switched to for free and I can just swing by there on my way home from work.

On a side note, I totally forgot I ordered a Nightmare Batman from Mezco and was kicking myself for missing it until I got a shipping notice out of the blue. Appearently I ordered that one as a guest and not through my Mezco account. Sigh, if only that had happened with Classic Punisher. I will be kicking myself for missing that preorder for a long long time.

I always thought you could only switch it to those Fedex/Kinkos stores... I'll have to look into that again. Thanks.

That Knightmare Batman is all sorts of wrong.

It's figures like that, that make it impossible to defend Mezco against the "Mego" slurs with a straight face.

Back