Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2BE08C6A-C335-4454-960C-D8E8CE076B99.jpg

Small box super cool figure.

Perfect sight, clearly.

On the other hand, anyone who thinks that jacket looks right needs a safety helmet.

Or the pants...

Or the scarf...

Yeah, the more I see pictures of him the more I'm glad to have the regular BvS Batman. Which is weird, because their John Wick has pretty good clothes.

Yeah, the more I see pictures of him the more I'm glad to have the regular BvS Batman. Which is weird, because their John Wick has pretty good clothes.

I think this figure would have benefited from a cloth material for the trench coat in this scale. The pleather material definitely makes it seem bulky, and awkward depending on the angle. Also, I feel the scarf could have been a little better, maybe removable as well? I watched a few reviews on this figure on youtube, and the jacket and scarf are stitched to the suit..limiting ability to futz or mod.

I own the Hot Toys Knightmare figure, and I have an aftermarket coat from One Sixth Kit, which was an improvement over the thicker stock pleather Hot Toys coat (HT coat was also very light in color). The thinner cloth material definitely improved the look, and was much darker than the stock coat.

Either way, it was cool that Mezco listened to the demand for the figure, and were able to put this out for release after initially cancelling. Congrats on those who already received theirs. Let’s see some more pics!

Here are a few reference shots for the cloth coat material (from OSK) that is thinner, and more form-fitting. It’s not 100% screen accurate, but close enough:

e579a924d2fa10ff5ea92529dd061194.jpg
880ddae9c6d19588b1d5bb5ed663ef1d.jpg
a986861f7d4ab46801cbfd7b6cdcb243.jpg
97c17819a241848450ac7294e0d93270.jpg
1e211248a8d855dd18b2c88f7361be66.jpg
3bb1d219fbdf57bdeac93f6256a6e1ea.jpg
9447153a13f0dce48abc0315d5850d42.jpg

I owned HT Knightmare Bats, my coat was actually a lot darker than most coats I saw on Youtube. I think the difference came from the figures that were bought directly at Toy Fair, and the later release.
In the end I sold that figure. It looked awesome but the restriction of articulation with the coat killed it for me. And the hands kept falling when I wanted to change the pose, that was a real knightmare. Also one of the feet was becoming loose...

Call me crazy but I prefer the Mezco figure. It's not 100% movie accurate but the design is bold and I'm glad they ended up doing it for real. I agree with the coat making the figure look bulky, but you can actually work around the coat with the wires to make it fall nicer.
The only major problem is the scarf, it looks bad, the color doesn't flow well with the other colors on the figure, especially the coat, but I'll make one myself. It will be very easy to do. Just need to find the right material and color, but it's really a piece of cake customization.

I should be getting my Toy Fair Ascending Knight tomorrow, really can't wait. It just might become my favorite Mezco figure ever. It looks so boss.

I think you could make a better knightmare Batman by customizing a regular BvS Batman, get some third party coat, pants and scarf, you'll probably get a better finish than the stock figure.

No-one's got the Knightmare Batman coat right. The leather in the film was a thin, soft, smooth variety - they'd have been better off just making the figure versions out of cloth.

I think you could make a better knightmare Batman by customizing a regular BvS Batman, get some third party coat, pants and scarf, you'll probably get a better finish than the stock figure.

I thought about doing it but the main problem is finding the right coat. The 1/12 coats on the market aren't so good atm. Maybe Eriku can come up with a better Knightmare coat at some point. Then there's the problem of customizing the arms' parts. I think the best thing is to get this Mezco Knightmare Bats, customize the scarf, and then maybe at some point somebody will make a better looking coat.

1/12 is still a niche market when it comes to soft goods & clothes on figures. I have no doubt it will change in 5 years from now and we'll be able to make better customs.
So far I have not seen a lot of good Mezco customs, it mostly ends up looking terrible. I'm quite happy with my Big Boss but even there, I wish I had better skills and that there were more clothes option on the market. It doesn't look as perfect as I'd like to.
On the other hand there are tons of incredible 1/6 customs out there that are often better than what Hot Toys produces. It's only a matter of time.

But in this case, Mezco put zero effort on the Knightmare Batman, most third party clothing makers right now could make a better outfit, like CJesim, they just need to make the right items.

CJesim's panths and coats are already better than the ones on KB, he just needs a longer coat in a lighter color.

I don't know man, I don't own any of his stuff but from what I've seen on the website, it looks good.
But Mezco did put effort on their Knightmare Batman. They could have not released him at all. I've yet to see it done better by anyone else, so far it's best Knightmare figure for me.

Well the other only one is the Mafex one and it's even worse.

So yeah, it's the best one, but I don't know how much that counts when the bar was at 0 already.

I really don't like what Mafex is producing really. I guess it's great for kids/teenagers. Not my taste.

As for this Mezco Knightmare, it fits my tastes. It's not perfect, but it's pretty decent. I wasn't 100% happy with the Hot Toys figure either. This design is very complicated to perfectly translate into a figure.

What really impresses me is how much I end up loving the Ascending Knight design, especially the all-black Toy Fair one. I thought it was "meh" at first, but this black scheme makes it look incredible. Not convinced about their middle-aged Batman though, but I will wait for the all-black variant and see what happens.

Back