Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't like what Mafex is producing really. I guess it's great for kids/teenagers. Not my taste.

As for this Mezco Knightmare, it fits my tastes. It's not perfect, but it's pretty decent. I wasn't 100% happy with the Hot Toys figure either. This design is very complicated to perfectly translate into a figure.

What really impresses me is how much I end up loving the Ascending Knight design, especially the all-black Toy Fair one. I thought it was "meh" at first, but this black scheme makes it look incredible. Not convinced about their middle-aged Batman though, but I will wait for the all-black variant and see what happens.

Yup. I like Mezcos take on the Batmen, unlike what seems like a lot on here.

Ordered my Ascending. It looks great from peoples footage. Not to sure about the all black version(I can't afford it anyway).

The old man version looks cool so far, I'll need to wait to see in hand pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_5798.jpg

View attachment 3

Black Ascending Knight in!
I can easily say it's the best Batman figure I have ever seen/owned right after The Dark Knight Returns figures.

IMG_2921.JPG

Mezco really did outdo themselves with the tailoring on this one. It's incredible how good the clothes fit the figure. It's tight as hell, yet very poseable.
The added vinyl parts are incredibly well engineered, there's a world between what they did here and what they did with Wolverine/Deadpool and some other figures that have vinyls parts. I feel this will become a signature on their figures and that's why, as good as the custom world is, they will have a hard time following Mezco on this one.

I also dig the design which is weird considering at first, this design reminded me of the very bad "beware the batman" show and that other cartoon for kids. I know it's supposed to be a free interpretation of Batman first ever appearance in the comics, but I never read it.
But now I really see this design as what it is, and it's killer.

The all-black color scheme reminds me of Keaton's suit for some reason.

I'm in luck my figure has no default, I saw on some reviews there were some minor problems here and there. I'm a bit worried the general release will face QC issues because the costume looks so complex. There could be a flaw anywhere really. When you see some people have problems on their Spider-man or Wolverine, you can bet this one will have other problems.
It's a very poseable figure though and the vinyl parts are cleverly placed so that you won't damage those parts when posing.

Overall, killer figure, it's an instant classic for me. I will definitely get the MDX and the regular release as well. It's this good.

Got my KB figure in. I like it a lot and I finally decided to fully move on to Mezco and stop Hot Toys with this figure being the deciding reason.

You know what I realized,the Mezco Batman Day exclusive looks a lot like his suit from Beware the Batman...

Attachments

• 3921.Jpg
    3921.Jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 150
  • gallerytv_1900x900_bewarethebatman_v2_52aea791727889-80028499.jpg
    gallerytv_1900x900_bewarethebatman_v2_52aea791727889-80028499.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 148
... for $1,000, it would have to please me in some way sexually.
I could understand it if the figure was extremely limited and looked good. But it's not.
It's just a very cheap repaint of a badly designed mass produced figure.
This ***t seriously boggles my freaking mind. :(

If I had this kind of money to spend on a Batman related stuff...
I'd just get hi-end P1's TDKR 1/3 statue with two portraits and five switchable hands:

dc-comics-batman-the-dark-knight-returns-statue-prime1-silo-902785.png

And don't say "those aren't your money blah-blah", please. :D
I'm just using it as an example of simple logic.

Ditto

I’m a fan of this collection but I don’t for a second think they’ve unthroned the King of the Hill. I also don’t think they’ve created something that’s so unique that they are worth paying huge amounts of cash for. Admittedly, I shelled out a bit more cash than I should have for Classic Punisher. But I would not have had it been my money. Fortunately, selling other SDCC exclusives funded that purchase.

They are unique in the market, for now, and quite ground breaking for this scale but this hype is outrageous.

Getting the SDCC exclusives this year is gonna be a pain in the arse.

Last edited:
I could understand it if the figure was extremely limited and looked good. But it's not.
It's just a very cheap repaint of a badly designed mass produced figure.
This ***t seriously boggles my freaking mind. :(

If I had this kind of money to spend on a Batman related stuff...
I'd just get hi-end P1's TDKR 1/3 statue with two portraits and five switchable hands:

dc-comics-batman-the-dark-knight-returns-statue-prime1-silo-902785.png

And don't say "those aren't your money blah-blah", please. :D
I'm just using it as an example of simple logic.

I disagree, I think the all black version looks amazing!!!

Ditto

I’m a fan of this collection but I don’t for a second think they’ve unthroned the King of the Hill. I also don’t think they’ve created something that’s so unique that they are worth paying huge amounts of cash for. Admittedly, I shelled out a bit more cash than I should have for Classic Punisher. But I would not have had it been my money. Fortunately, selling other SDCC exclusives funded that purchase.

They are unique in the market, for now, and quite ground breaking for this scale but this hype is outrageous.

Getting the SDCC exclusives this year is gonna be a pain in the arse.

For me, they have all ready beat/surpassed Hot Toys.

For me, they have all ready beat/surpassed Hot Toys.

I get that opinion but it’s likely based in hype. Subjectively, about the only area they have “beat” Hot Toys in is articulation. They have not surpassed HTs in portraits...some of their comic head sculpts are marginal ie Wolverine and their real life portraits already in production has been laughable ie Harley, BvS Superman & Batman. The Trek figs came out pretty good for real life sculpts but they’ve all but abandoned that line. We’ll see how the JLU and Thor Ragnarok stuff looks.
I personally think the bodies still have some wonky proportions and the ankle pivot while good on some, is still marginal on others.

So I just don’t see them beating HTs in a head to head match up. Now you may prefer their product over HTs for all kinds of reasons but I don’t think it’s factual to say they have beaten them.

I get that opinion but it’s likely based in hype. Subjectively, about the only area they have “beat” Hot Toys in is articulation. They have not surpassed HTs in portraits...some of their comic head sculpts are marginal ie Wolverine and their real life portraits already in production has been laughable ie Harley, BvS Superman & Batman. The Trek figs came out pretty good for real life sculpts but they’ve all but abandoned that line. We’ll see how the JLU and Thor Ragnarok stuff looks.
I personally think the bodies still have some wonky proportions and the ankle pivot while good on some, is still marginal on others.

So I just don’t see them beating HTs in a head to head match up. Now you may prefer their product over HTs for all kinds of reasons but I don’t think it’s factual to say they have beaten them.

I don't believe Mezco is all about hype. But let's look at Hot toys first. I was soured on Hot toys a few years ago after receiving multiple iron men, the first Captain America(2nd as well )-- these figures had limited range of its articulation-- due to joints, and due to the design of the uniforms, and the material used which didn't allow stretch. Also, the choice of movie characters over comics. I prefer comic. I was encouraged when hot toys released the Arkham knight batman--it looked fantastic!!! But when you went to pose it and found that it had that thick rubber suit that restricted the articulation was telling that they were more into aesthetics than into actual action of an action figure.

Mezco figures are made to pose. I agree, their weak point is the ankle articulation--it needs more range of motion in all directions. The up side(s), a heroic body shape with great articulation, form fitting uniforms that look great, variability in size, shape of their bucks, excellent head sculpts and the accessories.

Back