Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't believe Mezco is all about hype. But let's look at Hot toys first. I was soured on Hot toys a few years ago after receiving multiple iron men, the first Captain America(2nd as well )-- these figures had limited range of its articulation-- due to joints, and due to the design of the uniforms, and the material used which didn't allow stretch. Also, the choice of movie characters over comics. I prefer comic. I was encouraged when hot toys released the Arkham knight batman--it looked fantastic!!! But when you went to pose it and found that it had that thick rubber suit that restricted the articulation was telling that they were more into aesthetics than into actual action of an action figure.

Mezco figures are made to pose. I agree, their weak point is the ankle articulation--it needs more range of motion in all directions. The up side(s), a heroic body shape with great articulation, form fitting uniforms that look great, variability in size, shape of their bucks, excellent head sculpts and the accessories.

:lol You sound like HTs sent you some figures you didn’t order.
We are in agreement. What Mez has over HTs is articulation not from the body type, the True type is miles better than Mezco’s base bodies but HTs does disappoint when they produce figures with no action cause they are encased in stiff fabric.

Not sure I would classify Mez as comic figures. They are mostly comic based but not comic book renditions. They are primarily Mez redesigns...some subtle, some quite ridiculous.

Come on...$2000 - $4000 for a NYTF exclusive? $250+ for a sold out figure from a mediocre movie? That’s all hype.

:lol You sound like HTs sent you some figures you didn’t order.
We are in agreement. What Mez has over HTs is articulation not from the body type, the True type is miles better than Mezco’s base bodies but HTs does disappoint when they produce figures with no action cause they are encased in stiff fabric.

Not sure I would classify Mez as comic figures. They are mostly comic based but not comic book renditions. They are primarily Mez redesigns...some subtle, some quite ridiculous.

Come on...$2000 - $4000 for a NYTF exclusive? $250+ for a sold out figure from a mediocre movie? That’s all hype.

No, I didn't know what I was getting with Hot Toys--that's why I don't buy them anymore. For me, it was a waste money to have all those joints and not be able to use them. Their lack of articulation is seen in their hulk, iron mongor Ext. It's like a marvel select figure--they look nice,but no articulation. With respect to the actual bodies, mezco's can do anything Hot toys can do--the difference for me is that mezco has slender bodies, and muscular comic like bodies--so we are not in agreement.

It's all a matter of tastes.

I've owned quite a few Batman figures, I think the first I've ever gotten was the 92 anime series Batman in 1993... I've owned most Hot Toys Batmen, I remember being so happy when I got my Hot Toys Keaton back in 2012. But really this Ascending Knight is incredible, trust me. If you're a Batman fan and love figures, you'll fall in love with it when you have it in hand.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy all variants.

I'm not saying it's one of the best because I paid $1000 for it. I just dig the design and have in mind it should be a $80 figure tops in value. It's a really dope figure.
That said, the amount I paid is way too much. I don't think it's worth all that money obviously, but the market is going crazy and I wanted to have it. It's a pretty rare variant. I may resell it when I get the MDX version depending on the difference of color on the suit. If it's the exact same black, I'll resell it and get a HT HulkBuster.

Now, to me, the best Batman figure remains the Mezco TDKR Batmen (all variants, they're all awesome). I'm still not bored with this figure.

As for the Knightmare Batman figure being "hyped", huh, I don't think so. It's just a limited run, the figure has been cancelled and brought back... I just think a lot of Batman fans love the design and really wanted that figure. You can't call it hype, the movie came out two years ago! And the movie was a failure. I'm pretty sure most owners of the Batfleck figures just love the suits but don't like the movie so much. I'm in this case. Man this movie had so much potential. Some great visuals, great picks of costumes, some good ideas, but as a whole, the movie is a failure.

Speaking of which, I saw Black Panther, and it sucks. But I love the design of the suit so I'm still gonna get the Mezco figure when it releases. But man this movie is so boring, predictable and forgettable. I don't understand the hype. It's the typical boring Marvel recipe with no gut.

No, I didn't know what I was getting with Hot Toys--that's why I don't buy them anymore. For me, it was a waste money to have all those joints and not be able to use them. Their lack of articulation is seen in their hulk, iron mongor Ext. It's like a marvel select figure--they look nice,but no articulation. With respect to the actual bodies, mezco's can do anything Hot toys can do--the difference for me is that mezco has slender bodies, and muscular comic like bodies--so we are not in agreement.

Sounds like a simple case of buyers remorse. That’s not HTs fault...it’s your own. There’s plenty of reviews out here. The internet is all about information.

I disagree about Hulk & Iron Monger. I think they are about as poseable as they can be without a bunch of articulation cuts all over the place.

And your wrong about Mez bodies vs TT. bodies, you were right in a previous post, the Mez bodies have terrible ankle articulation on most of their figures.

I think HTs is responding to collectors that favor accuracy over articulation as a lot of collectors just pose their figures in the museu...waiting for the bus pose anyway.

Like you, I prefer articulation in my action figures but I understand that is just one measure of a good figure...and the only one Mez actually wins.

There’s nothing new about that KB figure and it is all hype. The cancellation and re-offering was all hype and guys just fall for it. Paying $1000, $250+ for a f|_|cking 6” figure is the ESSENCE of hype.

Yeah, we have totally different taste. Can’t see how you can call BP boring...it was anything but. Sure, it followed the Marvel formula but ALL their movies follow that winning formula...what else is new :huh

I too liked the BvS designs. I have the HTs figures and that’s all Snyder is good for...visuals.

About the articulation thing: it really bothers me. Now there's always a way to pose the figures, and I still buy a Hot Toys or two on occasions. But that's really killing the line for me. Like, I absolutely hate statues no matter how great they look. I'm buying figures because I want to pose them! I don't want a statue.

Marvel is a winning formula? You meant losing formula right? Most of the Marvel movies suck, and Black Panther is no exception. The only thing I enjoy is that they really built a coherent universe. I enjoyed the last Avengers trailer because it's nice to see all their **** movies is heading towards the same point. I hope they all die during this movie.

Sounds like a simple case of buyers remorse. That’s not HTs fault...it’s your own. There’s plenty of reviews out here. The internet is all about information.

I disagree about Hulk & Iron Monger. I think they are about as poseable as they can be without a bunch of articulation cuts all over the place.

And your wrong about Mez bodies vs TT. bodies, you were right in a previous post, the Mez bodies have terrible ankle articulation on most of their figures.

I think HTs is responding to collectors that favor accuracy over articulation as a lot of collectors just pose their figures in the museu...waiting for the bus pose anyway.

Like you, I prefer articulation in my action figures but I understand that is just one measure of a good figure...and the only one Mez actually wins.

It's not any bodies fault. Hot toys is not what I'm looking for in a figure. I lobbied Hot toys to make a more poseable hulk--they didn't. I lobbied side show to make their figures more poseable(i.e. Dead pool) they didn't , I returned my dead pool. Look at figma's hulk--best hulk out there over all. Mezco figures have double jointed elbows, a butterfly shoulders--hot toys not!! If Mezco fixes those ankle, hot toys will fade away

It's not any bodies fault. Hot toys is not what I'm looking for in a figure. I lobbied Hot toys to make a more poseable hulk--they didn't. I lobbied side show to make their figures more poseable(i.e. Dead pool) they didn't , I returned my dead pool. Look at figma's hulk--best hulk out there over all. Mezco figures have double jointed elbows, a butterfly shoulders--hot toys not!! If Mezco fixes those ankle, hot toys will fade away

Fade away for you you mean.

You lobbied and you thought they’d listen to just you?!?! That’s too funny bro.

Most of HTs figures do have double jointed elbows and many still have the butterfly joint. How long have you been collecting? A few years? Again, HTs is responding to the overwhelming request from collectors to hide “ugly” articulation cuts. Hence they developed that single hinged elbow TT as a means to keep the articulation, albeit hindered, while making a more visually appealing joint that would be exposed. I don’t prefer the joint either but I know there are a ton of guys out there that cringe at the sight of articulation cuts.

I get it...you prefer Mezco. I prefer both so I buy both. They both have their pros and cons. It’s all good. Enjoy.

Fade away for you you mean.

You lobbied and you thought they’d listen to just you?!?! That’s too funny bro.

Most of HTs figures do have double jointed elbows and many still have the butterfly joint. How long have you been collecting? A few years? Again, HTs is responding to the overwhelming request from collectors to hide “ugly” articulation cuts. Hence they developed that single hinged elbow TT as a means to keep the articulation, albeit hindered, while making a more visually appealing joint that would be exposed. I don’t prefer the joint either but I know there are a ton of guys out there that cringe at the sight of articulation cuts.

I get it...you prefer Mezco. I prefer both so I buy both. They both have their pros and cons. It’s all good. Enjoy.

I don't understand, "fade away for you you Mean"? But isn't that what you are supposed to do when you want somthing? You lobby/advocate for it--if they don't do it buy somthing else.

You are right, winter soldier, 1st movie superman--butterfly joints. I guess with 1st captain america's tight uniform, that butterfly joint was/is useless. Ill have to check rambo's joint to see if it was there since it was one of the first figures produced.

I agree with Durable's point of view.

I think a lot of people underestimate the importance of that Knightmare Batman figure. One guy here said it was all hype, but the reality of this figure is that Mezco listened to the fans. This is very important. They had cancelled the figure and brought it back. You can't call it hype at this point. The movie was a failure, most people bashed it, and the figures releases TWO YEARS after the movie. It's crazy. It's not like Bat V Supes was a classic. It's not 89 Tim Burton's Batman. It's a failed movie and everyone bashed it. Yet most hardcore Batman fans wanted Mezco's take on the Knightmare suit. It's very bold that they brought it back to life and released it, even if it's not perfect.

As for Hot Toys, they nail the on-screen accuracy. Most of the time when I see the Hot Toys figure, I tell myself how gorgeous it looks. But that's about it. It looks gorgeous. As an action figure though, it's very limited. I have sold most of my HT figures but kept a few, and even within the ones I kept, I never repose them. My Armored Batman for example... I can't do s*** with it. I went for a vanilla pose because you just can't articulate this damn figure. The only recent figure I toyed with a bit was Harley Quinn. Now that is a grandiose figure, best they've released in years. The headsculpt is phenomenal, the design is incredible, and you can pose her. It's the best HQ figure out there.

I will be buying Episode III Anakin and probably Episode VI Luke this year. As for other figures, I'm not sure. And the thing is, there's no coherence within my Hot Toys collection. They really don't flow well with each other. I also don't like the format, it's too big.

The thing I really love with Mezco is that it's tiny. It's cute. It's posable. And their take on some design is awesome imo. I like their artistic approach. Trust me, the Ascending Knight will sell crazy this year, I bet it will be a fan favorite this year. It may be the Mezco figure of 2018 next to Knightmare Bats.

Knightmare is truly awesome. I'm happy he was made. On the flip side, I couldn't give a rat's ass for Ascending (or Sovereign) Knight. Won't miss them, I'll just hold out hope that someday Mezco will be able to give us source accurate comic figures rather than these latest... atrocities. They've made it easy for me not to care about passing them up.

Catwoman and Darkseid are all I'm looking to PO at this point. Zero interest in that whack af GL suit.

I know there are plenty of companies that have done TDK trilogy, but I'd like Mezco's take on the line, Oh man, I'd like a One:Twelve Joker, Scarecrow, Ra's (Ducard), Bane, Harvey Dent/Two-Face, Begins batsuit.

Knightmare is truly awesome. I'm happy he was made. On the flip side, I couldn't give a rat's ass for Ascending (or Sovereign) Knight. Won't miss them, I'll just hold out hope that someday Mezco will be able to give us source accurate comic figures rather than these latest... atrocities. They've made it easy for me not to care about passing them up.

Catwoman and Darkseid are all I'm looking to PO at this point. Zero interest in that whack af GL suit.

I actually like the designs enough, as I prefer more 'realistic', tactical suits for batmen, but to each their own. For me, the ascending is one cowl sculpt away from being too good for me, as I don't like how the bat ears are done.

I overall agree, more comic accurate figure should be released, however we don't know about their restraints.

I mostly like the Ascending Knight. I could do without some of those lines but they at least seem to follow a pattern, unlike the Sovereign Knight design which to me looks like a mess of random lines. I also like how the Ascending Knight version looks like someone wearing real gear.

Sorry to diverge from ascending night talk but just had to say I freakin love this nightmare batman! A11ECC01-E49F-472E-9F9D-D97C2D8399CF.jpeg89CA9A21-3375-480A-857F-1A0FEE77A028.jpeg

I know there are plenty of companies that have done TDK trilogy, but I'd like Mezco's take on the line, Oh man, I'd like a One:Twelve Joker, Scarecrow, Ra's (Ducard), Bane, Harvey Dent/Two-Face, Begins batsuit.

That would be Nice!!!

Back