Action Figure MEZCO 1:12 Leatherface Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Delivered

Attachments

• 20230712_135522.jpg
    20230712_135522.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
Liking what I'm seeing. Still waiting on mine. Hasn't shipped.
There are only two reviews on YouTube and they're not good, but the figure still shines.

Great lighting Robbie! Makes it shine even more. Might have to pick up a second with all those options.

So, I’m thinking of using wood rather than my printer to try and recreate the red room in TCM. It would’ve been great to have the environment Mezco shows in their promo shots. They all look really good. I have a rotary tool so I’m hoping that putting together a couple walls and door frame won’t prove too difficult. Anyone plan on doing an environment to compliment this figure?

Last edited:
Amazing figure. The only two complaints I have are the chainsaw sound effect not being loud enough and the blue jacket being too tight of a fit.

IMG-20230810-024637.jpg
IMG-20230810-025103.jpg

IMG-20230810-032920.jpg
IMG-20230810-041341.jpg

IMG-20230810-044445.jpg

IMG-20230810-045715.jpg
IMG-20230810-051049.jpg

Some shots with grunge effect.

Attachments

• AE21B71A-4631-4084-B131-2377D9A56285.jpeg
    AE21B71A-4631-4084-B131-2377D9A56285.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • E0B2B34C-1F12-40B1-ADA6-BD857B252B31.jpeg
    E0B2B34C-1F12-40B1-ADA6-BD857B252B31.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 5C0FBFED-1E69-48A3-B088-BD9689E74305.jpeg
    5C0FBFED-1E69-48A3-B088-BD9689E74305.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • E1F4BD36-0B7A-4383-8498-AB74019FA516.jpeg
    E1F4BD36-0B7A-4383-8498-AB74019FA516.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 61AAC238-5EF0-4CAB-8FDC-0F8A8B5223FC.jpeg
    61AAC238-5EF0-4CAB-8FDC-0F8A8B5223FC.jpeg
    8.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 8A2B64E4-8C67-473D-B3B4-3A4589959CCE.jpeg
    8A2B64E4-8C67-473D-B3B4-3A4589959CCE.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Crazy to think it took almost 3 years, but Leatherface is finally here. Just arrived today from ebay.

I'll post my full thoughts later, but first impression is... I love it!

Attachments

• mezco leatherface IMG_9477 (2).JPG
    mezco leatherface IMG_9477 (2).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
The figure did turn out really well. I currently have him in the pretty woman look holding the chainsaw above his head. The jacket is tight and can be tricky to pose with -- I'd suggest getting the figure into the general pose you want first, then pulling the jacket on, and finally finalizing the pose.

Ok, here's my thoughts on this figure. I apologize in advance if this post ends up being long.

The headsculpts are incredible. Mezco got the likeness of each mask spot on. They are also painted perfectly. Amazing work for the scale. I don't know why they can nail Leatherface, but can't get Michael Myers right.

The clothes are really nice quality and tailored pretty well for the most part. I really like how good the tie looks, and the shirt. The belt and belt buckle are really nice but are not in the movie. I'm ok with them being added on. I love that they got the blue color of the jacket right. The Jacket is awesome but is a tight fit. The blue apron is perfect, I love that it was included, and that it has the working pocket.
The kill apron I'm torn on. It is well made, but I absolutely hate the color. It should be a pale yellow, but mine looks brown. It is way too dark. I'm going to have to make my own replacement apron that is more film accurate. At least they did give him the correct cowboy boots.

The accessories are great. I like how the hammer is larger than the tiny NECA one. The cleaver is also larger and is more accurate. The bucket is a nice homage to the old Mcfarlane figure. The chainsaw is solid, though I do wish it was lime green rather than yellow. The Neca chainsaw does have a better sculpt. Funny enough, even though they are supposed to be 2 different scales, the chainsaws are almost the same size, with the Mezco one being slightly larger than the NECA one. The sound feature is cool but is almost pointless because the speaker has to be so small, so it is not very loud. You can make out the sound being from the movie, but you have to be close to hear it properly. The blood effect pieces are a nice addition, but I can only get the hammer one to fit properly. The chainsaw ones don't want to fit on, I'll have to see if heat from the hairdryer will help.

The assortment of hands is excellent, I like the variety they included. I do think they went overboard with the dirt though. I might have to try and tone it down. Some of them contrast with his arms too much. At least they swap out without any hassle. Same goes for the heads.

The body is just right, I hate when other companies get his proportions wrong. The articulation is really good, I should be able to get him in any pose I need. I will warn however that his elbows were extremely tight when I first got him out of the box. I felt like I was going to break them. I was able to loosen them up and work them in, but it took time, and the hairdryer. One arm actually came off the bicep in the process and was a pain to reattach.

Overall, I do love this figure despite my nitpicks. He's really detailed for the scale, and almost looks right out of the movie. The apron being the wrong color is my biggest issue. Like I said, I'm going to have to attempt to make my own replacement, which will be a challenge.

The jacket is tight and can be tricky to pose with -- I'd suggest getting the figure into the general pose you want first, then pulling the jacket on, and finally finalizing the pose.

Yep. I had to position his arms up in the air before I slipped the jacket on to get the chainsaw over the head pose.

Really digging this guy. If he ever goes on sale I might buy another just to have the pretty lady/blue jacket look on display.

I ended up ordering a second Leatherface over the weekend, and it arrived today. It must be from a different batch; I was surprised how different he is from the first one I purchased. The joints move more smoothly, especially the elbows. The clothes seem to be tailored even better too. Now I'll have one for the kill mask and one in the full "pretty woman" look.

Also, something to mention is that Mezco seems to have packed all of them with the bracelet on the wrong wrist, be sure to swap it to the left wrist.

I am working on making my own replacement yellow apron. I've been watching tutorials and teaching myself to hand sew. (don't have space or budget for a machine just for this project). I'm steadily making progress; I just need more practice making such small stitches.

I ended up ordering a second Leatherface over the weekend, and it arrived today. It must be from a different batch; I was surprised how different he is from the first one I purchased. The joints move more smoothly, especially the elbows. The clothes seem to be tailored even better too. Now I'll have one for the kill mask and one in the full "pretty woman" look.

Also, something to mention is that Mezco seems to have packed all of them with the bracelet on the wrong wrist, be sure to swap it to the left wrist.

I am working on making my own replacement yellow apron. I've been watching tutorials and teaching myself to hand sew. (don't have space or budget for a machine just for this project). I'm steadily making progress; I just need more practice making such small stitches.
If don't like sewing, you can also glue the seams. I've done that on things I couldn't sew.

Absolutely.

Leatherface by scarrviper II, on Flickr

I planned on having my custom replacement apron ready by the end of the month, but life got in the way. I'll get back to that project soon.

I'm thinking about repainting the chainsaw since I have a spare one, but I'm going to have wait until spring for warmer weather to use the spray cans.

Back