Mezco 1/12 Judge Dredd

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm tempted to pay the premium on the NYCC version and then wait for the PX to get a coloured version, this is going to sound stupid but the fact that they added some very patchy-looking 'paint scuffs' to the retail version's helmet is really throwing me off.

Metallic paint is the one thing Mezco aren't too hot at - the silver paintwork on Batman's rifle and pistol, and the silver parts on all the Dredd figures seen so far, seems well behind the quality of the rest of the figures IMHO.

Just found the PX version in a local shop while buying the Mezco TDKR Batman from a fellow collector. It costs $80, which sadly is an acceptable premium here in Dubai. Accessories look great; I think I'll go for it.

Update: Dredd is beautiful but my helmet has some scuffing and the stitching looks rough around the shoulders. Not as good as the TDKR suit. Hopefully Mezco can help me out since my retailer is awful.

Just came across this prototype shot of the PX:

OOC10003.jpg

I wish they'd given us a cloth cloak like the one pictured here. The leather one is proving a pain to work with, especially after the brilliantly-tailored cape on Batman. No matter what I do, it just looks like Dredd is wearing a burlap sack.

What's the suit made out of on these, it's not rubber is it? Hope it isn't something I'd have to worry about deteriorating over time like some of the Hot Toys stuff. Looking at pics of the PX and retail version, the retail looks a bit more leathery and the PX looks more like fabric. Am I right, or do both suits use the same material?

I'm only going to get one, but I can't decide which version to get... The PX has the cooler looking pistol and a shotgun, but I'm not crazy about the color of the suit. Someone help me decide!!

Last edited:
What's the suit made out of on these, it's not rubber is it? Hope it isn't something I'd have to worry about deteriorating over time like some of the Hot Toys stuff. Looking at pics of the PX and retail version, the retail looks a bit more leathery and the PX looks more like fabric. Am I right, or do both suits use the same material?

I'm only going to get one, but I can't decide which version to get... The PX has the cooler looking pistol and a shotgun, but I'm not crazy about the color of the suit. Someone help me decide!!

PX suit is cloth; I believe the two are different.

Well got the Black uniform and the PX. PX purely to strip him down and use the Radcloak, lawrod, MKII lawgiver for the black uniformed Dredd.

First thing I did with DREDD however was change those oversized shoulder pad and horrible sculpt Eagle. Used the ReAction Eagle and shoulder pad (fitted magnets to them)
zmezdredd-2.jpg

Next selection of Weapons from the old ReAction line.
zmezdreddguns.jpg
zmezdredd8.jpg
zmezdredd5.jpg
zmezdredd7.jpg
zmezdredd4.jpg

One weapon NOT released is the STUB GUN! So made one.
zstubgun.jpg
zstubgun1.jpg
zstub2.jpg
zstub.jpg
zstub1.jpg

What a MEZCO figure looks like stripped down (used Disco Dredd for that).
zmezco.jpg
zmezco3.jpg

Cursed Earth. My inspired "Judge MINTY" fan film sign.
zwalk.jpg
zwalk1.jpg

i dont think we have any solid info yet on where and how it will be sold, the dark blue. with bike, w/o, both sold solo? dont think it has been said via mezco yet.

there is the black bike with black suit dredd set up for PO now.

Back