Media Metal Gear Solid Discussion Thread (NO FIGURES /CUSTOMS JUST GAMES) SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My long, sassy hair flows freely in the cool breeze - just like Snake's. Everyone, faint at my presence!

I can hold out hope that MGS V will be a good game in the series. But, as for topping MGS 1, I don't think that's likely to happen :lol. It's interesting, that the series could have started and ended with just MGS 1, because the storyline had effectively concluded everything about the game's plot. Yes, I know, there was the conversation between with Ocelot and Solidus, that provided a good starting point for a sequel. But, for all intents and purposes, Liquid was defeated, while Snake rode off victoriously into the sunset with Meryl. With that said, when I first played MGS 1, I got the impression that Snake's days of fighting (as well as being used by the government) were over, and he was ready to start a new chapter in his life with a woman he loved.

MGS 1 just had a simple plot that was beautifully written with nuanced themes from Hollywood action movies. It's not like the MGS games now days that are trying so hard to squeeze themselves awkwardly into the established canon. We're now at a time in MGS with singing AI robots robots, and holographic iDroid cell phones that shouldn't have existed in the 70s and 80s. Let alone, the dark themes from MGS V, which I believe are a far cry in tone from the rest of the series.

Last edited:
Just went through MGS1 as well. Still in my mind, the greatest game ever made. Hopefully MGSV can top it.

VNhtxW5.gif

Not a chance in hell.

Nope, never. How something like that, is looked at as superior to MPO is beyond me...

Because it's "written and directed by Hideo frikkin' Kojima."

I always felt MPO was at least in place with the canon with the series. Too bad though, I'll bet anything 90% of MGS fans never even played it and Kojima pretty much disowns the game. I keep waiting for it to be released on the Vita so I can play it with dual analog sticks. Ughh!

I don't think he'll be able to top it even if he wants to. The last blockbuster release in this series was MGS 4, and that game turned out to be a horrible mash-up of nonsense cameos and themes just to appease the fan-base. Needless to say, it was in development for several years, so I had expected a better handling of the storyline that was suppose to conclude the series.

Of course, that's not to say that Kojima might be able to do something truly interesting with MGS V, but I won't believe it until I play TPP for myself.

I wouldn't worry about Kojima. He's so good, he could make a triple a game in his sleep. It's his constant return to Metal Gear is what's tarnishing the series. Just look at how MGS4 wasn't supposed to happen and it's no secret it felt rushed.

Go back to Z.O.E, or a new IP. The man's been a prisoner of his own creation for way too long now.

I wouldn't worry about Kojima. He's so good, he could make a triple a game in his sleep. It's his constant return to Metal Gear is what's tarnishing the series. Just look at how MGS4 wasn't supposed to happen and it's no secret it felt rushed.

Go back to Z.O.E, or a new IP. The man's been a prisoner of his own creation for way too long now.

It wont happened he will make MGS6 and 7 because the fans demand it he cant walk away.

I think it's pretty strange how MGS 4 turned out the way it did, given the amount of years that it spent in development. The storyline was dreadful, with single most lazily written cop-out explanation for every mystery in the series (ahem, nanomachines?).

It wont happened he will make MGS6 and 7 because the fans demand it he cant walk away.

But, unfortunately, I think krec is right :lol. The majority of folks in this fanbase just keep pandering for more MGS, and they can't let the series die in peace. Until they start growing up, it seems like Kojima can't get a break to work on anything else.

It's also a shame how the ZOE HD Collection was just a small blip on the radar when it was first released - despite all of the marketing on Kojima's Twitter and news with revoltech figures. A few days ago, I even saw that the LE was discounted to a mere $24 on Amazon. People need to realize that he's capable doing so much more than MGS :slap.

I have the worst feeling that they will both be BigBoss sequels. Mainly due to the last KojimaTalk show. Where a member of KojiPro said Robin Atkin downs will be around for a long time!

Back