Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread: SUBSISTENCE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too really. As judging from the first 4 figures solid snake mgs1 statue, Konami will say what they want and provide you with the reference pictures (legacy edition renders) plus any H&K licenses won’t be granted.

It’s not the best news I’ve read regarding MGS2 Snake by limtoys but I can see why you’d want to get the license to keep Konami sweet.

Please, get as far away from Konami as possible!
They either won't let you do anything at all or force you to make what THEY want, which is always crap.

This is both true. We've gotten good figure choices mostly, with hideous execution. Kojima and Shinkawa gave us the crap HT figures.

Getting the attention of the creator of the series must be both exciting and terrifying at the same time. I saw kojima tweet this before (which is how I found out about it in the first place) which means he must be impressed with the quality of the figure...however, giving limtoys/firejclaw this kind of exposure could potentially ruin everything because they're probably on konami's radar now....that's the kind of attention we all want to avoid.

I hope nothing comes of this. I want this to be a major success for limtoys and firejclaw...we need another serious player in the sixth scale market. I'm tired of HT shenanigans and greed. I love my comic book movie action figures, but one can only invest so much before it gets boring. Wanna know where I started my sixth scale collection? It was leon s. Kennedy from resident evil 4. MY FIRST hot toys figure. That little bastard was awesome and packed to the brim with accessories. And it cost $150.

Look at their last RE figure...a piss poor sculpt of Leon that came with a small handful of accessories...

And nothing since.

Best of luck to you fire, you need to become a serious competitor in the sixth scale market.

If Konami even gets wind of this, I doubt any of the projects will be happening. They're very protective and difficult when it comes to their property. There's also the matter of licensing fees, too...

How did Kojima retweeted it? Did a fan tweeted to him?

It actually seems like he got one himself from the looks of it...im just assuming of course. Someone that bought this could've very well tweeted him pics of the figure.

If Konami even gets wind of this, I doubt any of the projects will be happening. They're very protective and difficult when it comes to their property. There's also the matter of licensing fees, too...

Oh absolutely. Without sounding offensive, what firejclaw is doing is...ummm...I don't know how to say this in a way that doesn't sound awful...but, for all intents and purposes, it's illegal. Our only hope is for limtoys to get their shipment out ASAP for those that have POed this months ago before konami drops the hammer. I can very well be over exaggerating or overly concerned...but that's how big corporations work...usually.

I remember when a 3rd party was promoting their movie version of dredd and there was a thread for it right here...but not too long after the reveal, 3A contacted someone here (I assume Dave) and demanded the thread be closed and deleted. Granted, 3A is a toy company, whereas konami is a game/pachinko company. So maybe they'll probably let it go...but I don't know man...kojimas never tweeted past efforts from previous 3rd parties that made MGS figures...this one from limtoys is outstanding and worthy of the publicity...but it might come at a price.

Just checked Kojima's tweets and he did retweeted the figure a few times, which is truly bizarre. My guess is that he might be oblivious that it's an unlicensed, mass produced figure since a) it's in bad form for him to do it and b) he's known to retweet personal custom work, mine included. It just might be an honest mistake.

As for Jack approaching Konami, that's his decision to make. All I'm hoping for is that the accurate 3D render of Solid Snake wouldn't be compromised as a result.

Just checked Kojima's tweets and he did retweeted the figure a few times, which is truly bizarre. My guess is that he might be oblivious that it's an unlicensed, mass produced figure since a) it's in bad form for him to do it and b) he's known to retweet personal custom work, mine included. It just might be an honest mistake.

As for Jack approaching Konami, that's his decision to make. All I'm hoping for is that the accurate 3D render of Solid Snake wouldn't be compromised as a result.

There’s also the fact that he probably doesn’t care if someone has had one over on Konami seeing as there’s no love lost between them...

This is what's gonna happen, I'm was hoping the whole series could get made like the MGSV version did [emoji29]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with everyone here, it’s kind of attention we want to avoid. Especially for myself as solid snake MGS2 is my grail figure.

But I suppose if Kojima retweeted it and not Konami then it may be okay?

Seriously fireclawjack, id take on board some of these comments from members here, as trying to gain the license may put a halt to your figures going forward permanently.

Agree with everyone here, it’s kind of attention we want to avoid. Especially for myself as solid snake MGS2 is my grail figure.

But I suppose if Kojima retweeted it and not Konami then it may be okay?

Seriously fireclawjack, id take on board some of these comments from members here, as trying to gain the license may put a halt to your figures going forward permanently.

It's irrelevant who tweeted what if Konami gets wind of it, which odds are high- not to mention a lot of MGS fans were asking where to get one.

That's the thing with unlicensed figures though, you'll need to be under the radar. That's how I avoided paying my ta.. wait I've said too much!

I would say that anything kojima was part of hed be getting some sort of payment no? Id think itd be in his interest to not see any figure be made unless it was licensed. Correct me if im wrong, not exactly sure how stuff like that works, honestly.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Didn't Kojima part with Konami - in not so good term?
Couldn't that make things trickier?
I'm pretty sure it's all about money in the end regarding licenses and stuff thou..
I fully support you however you do it FcJ!

Didn't Kojima part with Konami - in not so good term?
Couldn't that make things trickier?
I'm pretty sure it's all about money in the end regarding licenses and stuff thou..
I fully support you however you do it FcJ!

Yes he did. He has nothing to do with Konami now and probably makes no impact.

I remember reading that Konami are only interested in giving out licenses for statues now, which is why you see every non-statue company loosing the licence. Revoltech, Hot toys, figma etc. I've also read the licence fees Konami charge are obscene

That's why I'm worried

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's irrelevant who tweeted what if Konami gets wind of it, which odds are high- not to mention a lot of MGS fans were asking where to get one.

That's the thing with unlicensed figures though, you'll need to be under the radar. That's how I avoided paying my ta.. wait I've said too much!

You mean avoided paying your TAB at your local bar right? Yeah, I know, I gotcha bruh. It's cool.

I got this guys dont worry

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

"Boss...you're going to regret this! That company..."

Back