Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread: SUBSISTENCE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yours is much better. I tried to PM you able some other heads some of us would like, but your inbox was full.

That's a great likeness of Quiet; seems much more accurate than the other mass-produced ones that have been out there. Nicely done!

Here's my attempt. I'm a sucker for "real" hair. I also wanted a version from the helicopter scene that didn't use any parts from the Sexy Sniper kit.

IMG_7875.jpg

IMG_7893.jpg

Same here, Wolf. Also, someone needs to do a quality Sniper Wolf, and Meryl . Granted, it's easy to bash either by using the Yamato figures, but it'll be nice to have improved headsculpts.

Same here, Wolf. Also, someone needs to do a quality Sniper Wolf, and Meryl . Granted, it's easy to bash either by using the Yamato figures, but it'll be nice to have improved headsculpts.

I'm not talented enough to be of help to you on this, but maybe those who are talented enough have been hesitant for the same reason that I was frustrated when planning out a Meryl custom: what to base the face sculpt on. Her face in MGS1 is too pixelated to be rendered as simultaneously human-looking and game model accurate. Her Twin Snakes face could be done fairly easily, but is so triangular that it would likely look too cartoonish. So I decided, since I am making a MGS4 Rat Patrol Meryl anyway, to use the same head mold for a figure with a Twin Snakes costume (WIP pictured below). As for Sniper Wolf, I'm surprised that a more definitive version hasn't been made yet. Hope someone comes through for you with quality versions of both.

IMG_8179.jpg

20170715_130058_zpssksvue2j.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Decided to retire. I'm only gaining interest for now as someone is going to buy them all but in case he backs out I'm gaining interest

Naked Snake SOLD! (best Naked Snake out here)
Ocelot mgs5 $800 (throughout 2 years wip)
Toture snake SOLD!
Quiet $450 (custom outfit from geewhiz)
Venom Snake $400 (need arm, head will come painted)
Big boss mgs4 SOLD!
Liquid Snake $450 (head will come painted)
Meryl mgs1 $150
Meryl mgs4 SOLD! (rare muriel sniper set)

Buy 2 figures get $50 off buy 3 get $100 off free shipping 2 day priority mail

Is that the hot toys naked snake harness, bags, holster, and communicator? Also, do you got the chest armor from naked snake so i can get the neck ring? I also need the knife sheath for his leg.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

The whole harness plus everything on it is HT. I do have the leg holster with knife. Only thing is the second strap is loose (not pictured) but you can always glue it back. I sold the chest armor piece a while ago so I don't have that unfortunately. Also got another set of BDUs for a custom Snake that I never got around to if anyone interested in that.

IMG_3118.jpg

IMG_3117.jpg

Last edited:
This is the now nearly-finished Twin Snakes version of Meryl that I posted a WIP pic of a couple of weeks ago. She's next to the MGS4 Rat Patrol version of Meryl (pretty far from being finished, obviously) who I sculpted this head for in the first place. TS Meryl stills needs pads on the gloves, straps on top of her boots, and a thinner tattoo decal. Ultimately, I might try doing a Twin Snakes head sculpt for it. I don't know.

IMG_8233.jpg

Thanks for the input; I appreciate that. I'll try sanding down the cheeks to get these looking less Zellwegerish. That's a look I'd only want for Meryl if I posed her next to Johnny as he's dropping a #2. Really hope the sanding and repainting does the trick.

Back