Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread: SUBSISTENCE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also i thought I'd share these paint ups of my mgs1 and 3 heads i had done recently, still figuring out to take decent up close head shots

oFzbpxb.jpg

GljIy6X.jpg

BQkgqly.jpg

some idroids finished...a friend sculpted them and I casted and painted some (with his permission)
id002s.jpg

Last edited:
DSC_0247.jpg

Finally figured out what the issue with the harness was. It seems some of the clips were put on the wrong side so I pretty much had to disassembled the entire thing and thread it all back together. Painstaking really.

DSC_0248.jpg

Also began his shadow box. Can't wait to get MGS2 Snake then my stuff will be complete.

yup! that was exactly right dylan. i had to change the position of the clasp and buckles. looks great so far, the knife goes under the horizontal chest strap though with the sheath top stopping just below it. the duty belt needs to be flipped too so the big buckle comes from the left as well as a 2nd belt. there should be a butt pack, 2 canteens and 3 pouches and from his right side to left should be: pouch, canteen, butt pack, canteen, pouch, pouch. if you have the original holster you can take all the pockets off the front of it by gently picking the threads with an exacto or get gorgieboys pouch from him which is much more accurate but is casted and will need to be painted. grab a hush puppy too! if you have the metal boss bandanna id cut the knot and tails off the loop and glue the knot to the head sculpt and have it painted with the head. corrose can help you out with the pauldron emblems and the little bullet emblems that go on the corners of the pauldrons and on the butt pack. what i did for the belts was buy newer updated duty belts that looked the same as the metal bosses and replaced the buckles with ones that are more accurate from the crappy old rubber duty belts no one wants, world of 1/6 has the good belts for cheap and i got the old belts for dirt cheap at war toys. hope this stuff helps you out man, cant wait to see him all done with the alternate bdus!!!

d175e8645993f15efd8721c741a721bf.jpg

831dafc8d89982fd8912cb6845e1c441.jpg

To be honest a lot of the minor details dont really concern me. I barely even like PW :rotfl

I'm not doing any patches on his shouders because as far as I can tell he doesn't have any in this image
metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-walkman-addition-20100512012242603-000.jpg

Also you should check out the DAM Toys Marine Sniper they made based of the Tom Barringer movie. It has probably the closet thing to the PW/GZ/PP holster.
93018-08.jpg

Last edited:
Also i thought I'd share these paint ups of my mgs1 and 3 heads i had done recently, still figuring out to take decent up close head shots

oFzbpxb.jpg

GljIy6X.jpg

BQkgqly.jpg

My goodness these are phenomenal. I need to get a MGS 1 and 2 head sculpt. Does he sale em or just paint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, I just got through speaking with Amnur and he's down to make an Iroquois pliskin/ no head band snake sculpt if 10 can get on board. $70 unpainted. I know I'm not the only one down for this. Any takers?

Okay. Just checked out the link. Seems I'm a day late and a dollar short lol. I'm in line with everybody else, this is good. Thanks man.

Back