Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread: SUBSISTENCE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You paid for the statue to do this?

No I already had the statue I got used on eBay about a year ago. I made a mold of the non bloody head and am modifying the cast. I was just having trouble finding a Venom head so I thought this would be cool.

No he found a pic of something someone else did dylan.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Yeah that figure in the pic is not mine. It just gave me the idea because I was having trouble finding an Amnur head.

Last edited:
If you have the ability to recast that sculpt as is I would be in for one.

Man i don't know. Is it wrong to recast a statue head to sell for 1/6 scale projects? Is it the same as casting a 1/6 scale independent sculptor head? I guess these are the questions to debate. I'm sure everyone has an opinion.

While we are discussing Venom. Here is one I just finished...

DSC06840.jpg

Nice job chris, he looks great. Im going to revamp mine when i move and get a barney ross body.

On the topic of recasting the statue head, i think its fine to do because it isnt stealing a 1/6 sculptors sculpt on a forum. This statue is mass produced and im sure gecco already made a ton on it. Youre going from a statue to a figure. Im cool with it.

Nice job chris, he looks great. Im going to revamp mine when i move and get a barney ross body.

On the topic of recasting the statue head, i think its fine to do because it isnt stealing a 1/6 sculptors sculpt on a forum. This statue is mass produced and im sure gecco already made a ton on it. Youre going from a statue to a figure. Im cool with it.

Thanks. The Barney Ross body is the way to go. It's just expensive.

As for casting the head. I would need to make a better mold. The mold I made was a partial because I was going to re-sculpt some of the hair parts. I'll look into it though.

Changed some stuff up and got some new thing in so thought id take some pictures

Almost finished MGS1 Snake, will put some new boots on him from MGS2 set

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-27%20at%2001.32.58_zpsuuhk0ka4.png

Finished MGS3 Snake, just need to get bit of tape or something to wrap around the harness.

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-27%20at%2001.30.30_zpsmhubuwpb.png

Also MGS3 HT with new head

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-27%20at%2001.29.21_zpsmtfixmid.png

dude, i envy you so much right now with those new naked snake sculpts! im going with no patch on the ts bdu version. the splitter paint looks great man, i feel like i want that as well i cant remember but did he have the splitter facepaint before he got shot in the eye or was that after?

Thanks man, I'm not sure to be honest when he gets it but I'm pretty sure he has it before the getting captured. I just wanted the sneaking suit and bdu looks to be contrasted haha

yeah, me too. i was trying to figure out what i wanted to do. that extra head with no patch is going to be the captured version. im sending it out to be painted with a body when i find the right one. the eye will be shot out and i am putting the cuts and slashes where they need to go. i have most of the parts that i need for that.

Back