Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread: SUBSISTENCE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I've gotta say, that's a versatile sculpt. If you add some mascara around the eyes, it'll look pretty neat too.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I was trying to avoid rooted hair as much as possible and the Jill sculpt works. :lol just need some touch up on the figure and I'll be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Working on a shirtless Big Boss from Peace Walker.
I used a Barney Ross once again. Removed the tattoo's and added shading and scars to the body.
Head is sculpted by Feng and painted by me.

I still need to add the rifle, ammo bandolier and of course the belt pouches.

It kinda breaks my all BDU dressed Big Boss collection.

IMG_2744_zpsr9vyd8qh.jpg

IMG_2748_zps2i3qkunj.jpg

Jeez Elvis you're on fire with these customs! Could you give us the recipe on the hands you used? also how do you remove the tattoos?

Elvis, any chance you can post that backside pic on the old snake? Thanks so much!

Oh yeah sorry. Here they are.
Dont pay attention to the head. Its a place holder.

IMG_2750_zps4bd90sde.jpg

Jeez Elvis you're on fire with these customs! Could you give us the recipe on the hands you used? also how do you remove the tattoos?

:) THe hands are HT regular hands. The glvoes are form Soldier Story. Doesn't remember exactly which figure but they can easily be found on ebay. A bit of a nightmare to put on the hands though but they look good.

For the tattoos I used acetone to remove them.

Last edited:
Oh yeah sorry. Here they are.
Dont pay attention to the head. Its a place holder.

IMG_2750_zps4bd90sde.jpg

:) THe hands are HT regular hands. The glvoes are form Soldier Story. Doesn't remember exactly which figure but they can easily be found on ebay. A bit of a nightmare to put on the hands though but they look good.

For the tattoos I used acetone to remove them.

Looks amazing i hope to acomplish one for myself when my octocamo head arrives , i also spotted some of your MGS4 figure on MGS forum , would you
Mind sharing what type of body suit you used and how you sealed the paint to stop it from rubbing off pleas

Beret head would be a grail in my book. I approximated the look with a cheap Ultimate Soldier Beret and a Dragon 101st Airborne uniform--you can find them parted out on Ebay more often than not. But a sculpted head would be clutch!

I miss your old George Sears profile picture, B.

Haven't seeing you in a while, Josh! :hi5:

But, yeah, we definitely need a Beret figure. It's a pretty iconic look for Big Boss - it's pretty much his official Foxhound administrative uniform.

If you all want a beret Big Boss that badly. Why don't you find a sculptor (for ex Amnur or Caine) create a thread and make an interest list. I'm sure there will be lots of interests.

Yeah, hopefully something will be done in the near future...

It's never a bad idea to talk about what you'd like, because there are so many potential figure for this series. For now, I'd personally like to see a MGS 2 Snake project being conceptualized before anything else (especially after the great work from the Sean Dabbs MGS 1 Snake). Something like that needs a lot of planning. It's kind of a downer than the IDM project from 2013 got canned before it even started.

Well yeah I never said it was a bad idea. But sometimes thing needs to move forward that is why creating an interest threads and finding people who can make it happen is the way to go.

Back