Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread: SUBSISTENCE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depending on how the eyepatch MGS3 head sells I have a 2 eyed one ready for after.

I wanted to get the eyepatch out of the way first as I wanted both heads for the 2 versions, sneaking suit and bdu. I'm not a fan of the hot toys head so that is the first to be replaced, incase it doesn't do well enough to put out the other.

I won't be asking to do a beret version.

Well, I wasn't referring to you. But, it would be neat if someone else could start a commission for a beret version down the line. It's one of those rare MGS sculpts that've never been conceptualized into customs. The same goes for The Boss with her bandana when she's crossing the bridge in MGS 3.

It's really just a shame that there are so many potential figures for this franchise that'll never see the light of day with Hot Toys, or PAK for that matter.

Never said you were, just thought I'd put out there as supreme snake asked about the 2 eyed naked snake. I'm personally not interested in the beret head, so I will likely not be asking anyone to sculpt it.

The boss I would like to replace eventually but lots of characters that I wanna do first.

Yeah, there are a lot of characters to choose from.

Right now, I just need to finish my Snake custom once and for all. It should've been finished months ago, I have everything I need, but I've been brutally lazy.

Almost done with my leather jacket BIG BOSS.
Gee whiz made an outstanding job on the leather jacket. Easy bash. Head is the Ground Zero Manur head, I painted it and added the eye patch.

IMG_2737_zpswlvwydhv.jpg

Many thanks for the old BB reply dlvis, cut it from the medicom body last night after finding the wrist AND leg snapped.
I'd be all over a beret BB if the army regalia is readily available?

Pop toys just released something that would definitely work. No material beret tho

Like the diamond dogs jacket Seb, just need the triumph and e-cigar ;)

Do you have any info on what to search for Frank? All I can find are crappy midget (did I mention crappy?) cartoony looking kids toys.

Still too early to show off, but here's a peek nonetheless:

P/s: The coat is only a placeholder, as it sucks.

22315787881_852b3e5e3e_c.jpg

Almost done with my leather jacket BIG BOSS.
Gee whiz made an outstanding job on the leather jacket. Easy bash. Head is the Ground Zero Manur head, I painted it and added the eye patch.

IMG_2737_zpswlvwydhv.jpg

Very cool, looking forward to seeing this one done. I like the look with the jacket and silver arm.

Never said you were, just thought I'd put out there as supreme snake asked about the 2 eyed naked snake. I'm personally not interested in the beret head, so I will likely not be asking anyone to sculpt it.

The boss I would like to replace eventually but lots of characters that I wanna do first.

Thanks for the info Frank! The eyepatch head looks great, but im happy with mine right now, ill wait for a two eyed version.

Im working on all 4 of those too. Im also working peacewalker big boss, mgs3 bdu naked snake, venom snake, and mgs4 olive drab octocamo old snake. Cant wait to be done with them. I got much more to do on all and havent really done anything with venom snake yet.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Here some pics of my progress on my Venom Snake. Finished sewing the gun holster, modding the SPIE harness and the ammo vest. Just waiting on head sculpt and the arm to come home soon.

23fc206313334d0e7cc570bae226a86e.jpg

a7117ad9d90f2350adde7396b3ab8e54.jpg

9ac37b503adc6f1f07cf6e85258e62f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back