Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread: SUBSISTENCE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bb196x-5.png

I need one of those knee things.

I might have one for you, just got a great deal on a metal boss bdu because im finally doing a bdu mgs3 big boss, except mines going to have the olive drab seeing thats what i used most of the time in game anyway. But, i might use the bosss knee pad if it looks better. Just an idea but if i do i wont have a need for the metal boss one and you can use it. Ill let you know.

I know it's a long shot, but if anyone has the Metal Boss BDU version glove hands for sale, I'd like to buy them.

Joined the custom game kinda late, I've been going nuts trying to find a pair. :panic:

I know it's a long shot, but if anyone has the Metal Boss BDU version glove hands for sale, I'd like to buy them.

Joined the custom game kinda late, I've been going nuts trying to find a pair. :panic:

There things:

1. I'm intimidated by your username. Hope you don't work for a figure company.
2. Have you tried eBay?
I've been going nuts trying to find a pair. :panic:
I see what you did there.

And... :welcome1:

There things:

1. I'm intimidated by your username. Hope you don't work for a figure company.
2. Have you tried eBay?
3. I see what you did there.

And... :welcome1:

Thanks for the welcome! No need to be intimidated, friend. It's just my attempt coming up with a clever identity related to the niche hobby of toy collecting. My shelves are kept warm and cozy by my toys.

Anyway, I've been checking eBay quite frequently this past week for the hands, and the only ones that seem to be available are the saluting palm and clenched fist. Already picked up a pair of those, but you can only do so much with them.

Thanks for the welcome! No need to be intimidated, friend. It's just my attempt coming up with a clever identity related to the niche hobby of toy collecting. My shelves are kept warm and cozy by my toys.

Anyway, I've been checking eBay quite frequently this past week for the hands, and the only ones that seem to be available are the saluting palm and clenched fist. Already picked up a pair of those, but you can only do so much with them.

Occasionally, they do pop up on eBay but not as often as you'd like. What figure are you trying to make? Have you considered the Medicom hands? They're the same scale as the HT hands.

Occasionally, they do pop up on eBay but not as often as you'd like. What figure are you trying to make? Have you considered the Medicom hands? They're the same scale as the HT hands.

I'm going for Snake's appearance in MGS3. Already have the Hot Toys, but like a bunch of other people here, I'm assembling his fatigues/camo uniform.

I'm glad to hear that the hands appear on eBay, and I'll check out the Medicom hands. Thanks.

I'm going for Snake's appearance in MGS3. Already have the Hot Toys, but like a bunch of other people here, I'm assembling his fatigues/camo uniform.

I'm glad to hear that the hands appear on eBay, and I'll check out the Medicom hands. Thanks.

If you're bashing a BDU MGS3 Snake, then the Medicom hands will definitely work. I used those on those on mine as well:

16880506657_f84d2ce4ee_c.jpg

If you're bashing a BDU MGS3 Snake, then the Medicom hands will definitely work. I used those on those on mine as well:

Nice job! I like the desert tiger camo. Where'd you get that uniform?

I've also noticed that the Medicom hands have this odd design where they're hollow and the figure's arm has a big nub that slides into them. Did you modify them to work with Hot Toys wrist pegs?

Nice job! I like the desert tiger camo. Where'd you get that uniform?

I've also noticed that the Medicom hands have this odd design where they're hollow and the figure's arm has a big nub that slides into them. Did you modify them to work with Hot Toys wrist pegs?

I got the uniform off eBay, I think. As for the Medi hands, yes they're indeed hollow so the only way to fit them is either make a custom connector (I would use epoxy) or simply roll some blue tack, though keep in mind blue tack would deteriorate and harden after several years. I would certainly go for epoxy for a more permanent solution.

The dark skin tone comes close to matching with the Hot Toys Snake head. Convenient, IMO.

Back