Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread: SUBSISTENCE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to agree with Plissken that I will probably buy this since I missed out on the run. I respect everyone's work on this forum and I both feel bad and think its wrong to steal someone else's work, licensed or unlicensed it is "THEIR" interpretation so its their own hard work to make it a reality. As Solidus said though, with unlicensed customs there is nothing that can be done other than telling the person that its a **CK Move.

P.S. I bought Anmurs MGS 1 Solid Snake and its awesome.

heres my email with the response:

Re: Enquiry jason gawlik
Onesixthkit
jason gawlik <[email protected]>;Wed 12/9/2015 10:02 PM
I don't know what you are talking about, people buy from me know we bring in head sculpt from China, if you can proof that we recast head or steal anything then show me

從我的 iPhone 傳送

> jason gawlik <[email protected]> 於 2015年12月10日 06:33 寫道:
>
> i don't think its very fair when someone takes a lot of time to create a head sculpt of old snake on the sideshow freaks forum and people like you steal it and recast it for a profit (the old soldier). amnur sculpted that and i hope you are paying him for it. its such a shame when we pay top dollar for a custom sculpt from an artist expecting a limited run and then you just recast it out to the world. i will make sure to tell the forum members to block any eBay sales to you in case you want to do this again. its also sad that there's nothing anyone can do about it. if you try to list this on eBay people are going to report you. people are talking about you right now saying how they cannot believe this is going down.

RE: Enquiry jason gawlik
[email protected]
'jason gawlik' <[email protected]>;Wed 12/9/2015 10:56 PM
I am just carrying that everyone carry for sale in China, I don't really have time to check which head is belong to which artist, there are so many artists around the world

We aims to source and selll everything interesting, no matter original or recasts

Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2015 11:51 AM
To: Onesixthkit
Subject: Re: Enquiry jason gawlik

Here it is, i can also post the thread for it if you want better pictures.
On Dec 9, 2015 10:02 PM, Onesixthkit <[email protected]> wrote:

I don't know what you are talking about, people buy from me know we bring in head sculpt from China, if you can proof that we recast head or steal anything then show me

從我的 iPhone 傳送

>
> i don't think its very fair when someone takes a lot of time to create a head sculpt of old snake on the sideshow freaks forum and people like you steal it and recast it for a profit (the old soldier). amnur sculpted that and i hope you are paying him for it. its such a shame when we pay top dollar for a custom sculpt from an artist expecting a limited run and then you just recast it out to the world. i will make sure to tell the forum members to block any eBay sales to you in case you want to do this again. its also sad that there's nothing anyone can do about it. if you try to list this on eBay people are going to report you. people are talking about you right now saying how they cannot believe this is going down.

the Chinese steal other peoples work and recast it all the time, they bootleg everything. they piss me off so bad! if onesixkit was reputable, they'd refuse to carry it but they wont do that, imho they're just as bad.

RE: Enquiry jason gawlik
[email protected]
'jason gawlik' <[email protected]>;Wed 12/9/2015 11:16 PM
Ok it's taobao - chinese eBay, one picture means one seller, we close to source so we are pretty faster than others, in a few days there will be few pages instead of few pictures

I don't have time to discuss with you about this, all I can say is sorry to know it's recast or it might be recast, I don't really have time to check and find out if anything is a recast, if everyone else sell it then we will sell it too

Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2015 12:09 PM
To: [email protected]

all i saw was the picture with the head and it shown twice, i cant read your language nor do i know what site you are showing me.

Sent: Wednesday, December 9, 2015 11:01 PM
To: 'jason gawlik'
Subject: RE: Enquiry jason gawlik

Don't u see the picture I have attached in last mail?

Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2015 12:00 PM
To: [email protected]

who else is selling it? all i saw was you. you must have a source where you get these. here is the original artists page they took commission on:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...-mgs4-boss-snake-solid-eye-bandana-amnur.html

Sent: Wednesday, December 9, 2015 10:52 PM
To: 'jason gawlik'
Subject: RE: Enquiry jason gawlik

I am just carrying that everyone carry for sale in China, I don't really have time to check which head is belong to which artist, there are so many artists around the world

We aims to source and selll everything interesting, no matter original or recasts

Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2015 11:51 AM
To: Onesixthkit

Here it is, i can also post the thread for it if you want better pictures.
On Dec 9, 2015 10:02 PM, Onesixthkit <[email protected]> wrote:

從我的 iPhone 傳送

>

It's a mute point to try to tell Kit Chen what he shouldn't sell, at the end of the day if it makes him money he's gonna do it. I might pick up the head, but it's not really a figure I want in my collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"moot point" picking up the head would be a waste of money if you dont want it in your collection. its funny you want venom snake in there though but not old snake, seems quite weird to me.

I never really cared for that look at the end of 4. I'd rather have young solid snake. It would be worth to pick up just to have in case I ever decide to put one together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ill most likely get one myself. I missed out and love Old Snake. Might get two really... Gah

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Not yet, ive been plagued with work. Ill be setting it up friday, same with my Venom Snake arm. No clue about the pricing though

That's really ****ed up. Not sure if there's anything Anmur can do, though. The problem with customs on the whole, is that they're basically unlicensed sculpts/figures that have circumvented any legal channels and property rights. So, its fair game if someone wants to rip-off another person's work.

Which reminds me, Ryan and I are working on two Summer Glau Terminator head-sculpts (Normal and Battle Damaged) with Sean Dabbs. We've been casually talking about including real hair. Then, a few weeks ago, Kumik released two equivalent (yet ugly) Summer Glau figures with real hair. I think it's high time that the customs section be limited to Premium Members alone.

It's unfortunate, but true. It's sad that a company would rip off Anmur's work, but having no license to make the heads in the first place means there's nothing anyone could do about it. It's like you having an automobile accident when you don't have a license to drive- you loose either way. If it's any reassurance in the fact though, I think all sculptors knew this beforehand, that anyone could make a copy of their work if they're not authorized to create such work in the first place.

At the end of the day, someone who bought Anmur's sculpt must have recast the head for mass production, and unfortunately, an unlicensed sculptor has no say on what a buyer is permitted to do with their sculpts.

I too find it suspect that Kumik would come up with their own Summer Glau heads around the same time ours are just being made. I mean, who in their right mind would want sculpts of a cult actress, from a failed TV show, 7 years ago that nobody watched? :lol

Last edited:
Advice on gloves for boss would be a huge help. As an aside, anyone been working on Quiet? Body is done, just need a good sculpt for her.

ALSO having issues finding a good scarf for Venom. Nothing sits naturally.

Advice on gloves for boss would be a huge help. As an aside, anyone been working on Quiet? Body is done, just need a good sculpt for her.

ALSO having issues finding a good scarf for Venom. Nothing sits naturally.
I used a t-shirt that I bleached to get that sandy color. Might go for somethign way thinner next time

Back