Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread: SUBSISTENCE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah i know the Medicom rifle is crap but I did not want to spend £35.00+ on a rifle when I could mod this.
Also I'm making metal version of old snakes stun knife to replace the crappy paper Medicom version.
Also a custom sculpted head and a load of other mods too.

I'm not sure what the price is now, but I bought my Hot Toys M4 for $8 several years ago. Your modded Medi rifle is far more game-accurate, though!

The CQC knife is the most awful thing about Old Snake :slap.

I'm not sure what the price is now, but I bought my Hot Toys M4 for $8 several years ago. Your modded Medi rifle is far more game-accurate, though!

The CQC knife is the most awful thing about Old Snake :slap.

Yeah you can get really good soldier story rifles but some are £45.00 posted which is ridiculous.
Also I prefer modding as it is recycling in away instead of just saying its crap buy a new one I done this:clap
Has a nice weight to it now aswell , yuck the knife is filth.

Yeah you can get really good soldier story rifles but some are £45.00 posted which is ridiculous.
Also I prefer modding as it is recycling in away instead of just saying its crap buy a new one I done this:clap
Has a nice weight to it now aswell , yuck the knife is filth.

You should mod the HT Snake's rifle as well as it's not accurate to the game, Medicom did it well for the croc cap.

Thanks, I just used some women's' concealer and some q-tip and brushes. It's that easy if you wanna do it yourself. Though not absolutely necessary, it's best if you have some sealant too so that it sticks for good. Weathering is fun so long as you don't overdo it.

Wow, nicely done! :clap

I guess I'll try that out too and see how it goes. Did you use the same method for repainting the head sculpt?

I notice the PSG1 on ebay seems abit different from the original that came with Sheva, noticed one had soft rubber near the end of the scope while the other uses harder rubber.

Nice! :clap

Is it any good? I bought Jills' PSG1 and it's AWESOMEEEE!

DAM Toys has cheaper alternative for the M4 with M204, but it's all black.

Yeah i know the Medicom rifle is crap but I did not want to spend £35.00+ on a rifle when I could mod this.
Also I'm making metal version of old snakes stun knife to replace the crappy paper Medicom version.
Also a custom sculpted head and a load of other mods too.

Since people are complaining that there's not enough customs being posted around here, thought I'd take a crappy photo with my phone and share a teaser pic of my current project with his little Kubrick version. It will probably be the only MGS figure I'll ever make due to sheer bias and favoritism of the character (the actual guy behind the facade, not the one that was meant to stay dead after MGS1 :pfft:). This one is still far from being done though, so it's pretty much a WIP at this point. I'm estimating I'll be able to work on it more come December so don't expect anything else anytime soon.

bgWAyCJ.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, still far from finished and I hope to work more on it when I have more free time. I'll be sure to post better pics when I'm actually done.

Now i can say.... "You're pretty good". :clap

Actually keeping that in mind, although not pictured, I've included hand parts so that he can do that exact same signature pose which can also be used to simulate the infamous "Guns Of The Patriots" scene in Act 3. :lol

Since people are complaining that there's not enough customs being posted around here, thought I'd take a crappy photo with my phone and share a teaser pic of my current project with his little Kubrick version. It will probably be the only MGS figure I'll ever make due to sheer bias and favoritism of the character (the actual guy behind the facade, not the one that was meant to stay dead after MGS1 :pfft:). This one is still far from being done though, so it's pretty much a WIP at this point. I'm estimating I'll be able to work on it more come December so don't expect anything else anytime soon.

bgWAyCJ.jpg

Son, Hot Toys-style teasers are not allowed here.

Kidding. Looks promising. That outfit even fits like a glove. Looking forward seeing this.

Pic of my current work for Punished Snake. Black under shirt with BDU shirt (WIP).
DSC01155_zps84c283e6.jpg

DSC01156_zps8edd89e5.jpg

Maybe tomorrow i start sewing it and making BDU pant.

Pic of my current work for Punished Snake. Black under shirt with BDU shirt (WIP).
DSC01155_zps84c283e6.jpg

There's a member here who would probably use your pictures for mischievous purposes.. He's a cunning ex-president, I tell you. :lol

Anyway, looking good! What body are you using?

There's a member here who would probably use your pictures for mischievous purposes.. He's a cunning ex-president, I tell you. :lol

Anyway, looking good! What body are you using?
Thank's, i'm using Barney Ross body. The second version if i'm not wrong.

Hmmm.... i must very careful to post pics now. :lol

bgWAyCJ.jpg

Nice work, man!

6ep36t.gif

Back