Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread: SUBSISTENCE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep, a 19. it took some wiggling but i got it in there. i had to slice the seam up his back from the neck to the small of his back to slide the whole body through the upper suit and drop the arms in. (the arms are the hardest part) then i glued the thigh enhancers perfectly in place before i slid his pants back on. the boots you have to slice them up the sides where the straps would cover to get the feet in. anything i sliced with the exacto i sealed up with a very thin bead of super glue and it stuck together on contact. i took hands and cut off all the fingers to make paddles sort of like the medi ones were like but bigger to fill in the void of the hands and used pegs like a normal hand would have then worked the hand sleeves back over the arms. i didnt use glue on the sleeves, it was unnecessary. for his chest rig pockets i just glued them all down seeing the pockets were so small anyways.

21720218bab5242334330116909a741a.jpg

Decided to make Venom Snakes gun holster from MGS5 since I haven't found anything close to what he uses in the game. Still need to add the straps and buckles and bind the outer seams. That was some pretty intense sewing to get all the "quilting".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444936477.586632.jpg

Just waiting for the headsculpt. Which I'll modified.

Looking good, can't wait to see this finished:clap I'm contemplating doing a venom snake but hesitate a bit when I think of the amount it will cost, most bashes now cost as much as full box sets or more:panic:

I'd wait, Pete. HT has the license for V, it's just the matter of whenever they get to it.

Thanks. The headsculpt might be unoriginal or an easy way out but I was trying to avoid rooted hair.

Barney Ross body by Hot Toys. I just removed the tatts.

Some updates.

Working on another Old Snake.

For this one I wanted more articulation in the arms so I went for a Captain America body. It has doube elbow articulations and is able to pose better than a TTM19.
I kepts the forarms and hands in one piece and inserted articulations inside to be able to pose the hands correctly.

I wanted to use a jor-el suit at first but find out that the glue didn't stick to the material correctly. So I went with a textured cloth bodysuit. I used the SS snowtrooper body suit dye in black. I know black is not accurate but I like that contrast better.

For abyone attemtping that mod it is better to wash the vinyl suit with wram water and soap. The inside of the suit is very greasy and the glue won't stick if you don't wash the vinyl parts before gluing them.

I apply a dark wash to the suit to bring more contrast and added some weathering. I also added small eyelets to add details and realism.

Head is still in the work.

IMG_2715_zpsctnlktyi.jpg

Venom Snake now finished. I will still switch the head with the new one made by Amnur.

IMG_2710_zpsxbwizzid.jpg

and a Peace Walker Big Boss i'm working on.

Still need to add the pouches, patches and some weathering.
This time I used Feng headsculpt that is just finished painting.

IMG_2717_zpsjlnum5ke.jpg

Last edited:
Great work Seb and Project

I'm gonna do a MGS4 Sneaking Suit Snake in the upcoming months i think

It cost me about $50 to put together. :lol
1227.gif

I went for a Captain America body.
It has doube elbow articulations and is able to pose better than a TTM19.
Which one tho - TA, TWS, AoU?

I kepts the forarms and hands in one piece and inserted articulations inside.
You mean you've inserted palms with wired fingers in there?

For abyone attemtping that mod it is better to wash the vinyl suit with wram water and soap.
The inside of the suit is very greasy and the glue won't stick if you don't wash the vinyl parts before gluing them.
Yep, better be sure that you're gettin' good adhesion with these things.
And Medicom's vinyl is pretty great, there's no fear of damagin' it.

I apply a dark wash to the suit to bring more contrast and added some weathering.
Good advice! I'll give it a try.

Back