Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread: SUBSISTENCE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any options for someone who just wants the tiger stripe version with a head and all accessories? I mean, any options besides getting fleeced by those ebayers who procure a figure then sell every bit off separately for an inflated price. I like the figure a lot but I don't want, nor can I really afford, to buy it twice.

Do what I might do.

Keep the fatigues version and become am evil eBay reseller [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 figures that are better than 1 hot toys figure for $50 (base ht figures are $250 now) more and lots of accessories? No brainer to me. If it was because of the money alone I get it.

This is the exact point i made a couple months ago before this set came out and got the attention that it deserves.
This set was a no brainer for me.

Quick question, I got the ahab/ismael set, was wondering if it comes with a sticker for the cassette player? I can't seem to find the sticker in my box... that said, figure looks pretty impressive.

The sticker for the cassette player is in the big bag that has the Box and stickers in it. If you didn't get it you need to contact people you bought it from.

@ Firejclawjack
Do you have any plan of making Cyborg Ninja from MGS1?
I had a plan to make a custom, but I'll skip it if you have it on the list

Thanks for you support cqc.I just still angry about they ruined my work.I got no idea why they paint everything black…

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Quick question, I got the ahab/ismael set, was wondering if it comes with a sticker for the cassette player? I can't seem to find the sticker in my box... that said, figure looks pretty impressive.

The Walkman sticker is in the cardboard box bag .

@ Firejclawjack
Do you have any plan of making Cyborg Ninja from MGS1?
I had a plan to make a custom, but I'll skip it if you have it on the list

I think that's way to complex for any small company to make. That would have to be a Hot toys or 1000toys deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought both of your sets.

Somebody get this man a cookie!

Seriously though, thanks for the alternative. It may very well be game inaccurate and a bit shoddy, as Firejclawjack says, but the key point for me is that it's a one and done figure. I have nothing against alternate costumes etc per se, but why give the Diamond Dogs leather jacket version a head sculpt and full accessories over making the far more recognisable tiger stripe outfit a bare bones version? Rhetorical question, of course, it's to make more cash because if you want a kitted out tiger stripe (which many people will) then you have to buy the DD version first.

I'd actually have no problem with this if it was the other way around. The DD jacket looks good, and is a cool alternative, but it's like selling a fully specced Neo in his Zion outfit and making the trenchcoat garb an 'optional' second purchase. Cynical, in one word.

Firejclawjack has made an awesome figure, by all accounts, and obviously it's his perogative to sell it however he wants, but I do think he's milking the fans a bit on this one.

was that really necessary? i had disguiser on order (along with these 2 sets), it was clear it wasn't up to par, so i dropped it. im not rich either, i just get what i like. just because you are frugal doesn't mean people are out to take what they can from you. buy both sets and sell the one you don't want or buy the all in one figure, i don't give a ****, no one else does either. its funny when something isn't the way someone wants it to be its the other persons fault. you know, i have built custom figures for many hundreds of dollars to get what i want and someone finally comes out with a full version to cater to cheapos like you and you still want to *****. not only am i taking a loss from essentially re-buying what i already have (albeit excellent quality, enough for me to throw old money out the window, thank you jack), you don't hear me squawking about it and blaming someone else because i didn't get things handed to me the way i wanted them. not one constructive point, just a jab at me, then jack. you wouldn't have gotten this rant from me if you hand put your stupid tongue in cheek comment, Mr. 5 post new guy here.

also, jack has given numerous extras, will do so on the 2nd kit, and has taken advice along the way and has tailored the figures to what everyone has given input on. can't really say that for anyone else except for maybe f4f.

200.gif

was that really necessary? i had disguiser on order (along with these 2 sets), it was clear it wasn't up to par, so i dropped it. im not rich either, i just get what i like. just because you are frugal doesn't mean people are out to take what they can from you. buy both sets and sell the one you don't want or buy the all in one figure, i don't give a ****, no one else does either. its funny when something isn't the way someone wants it to be its the other persons fault. you know, i have built custom figures for many hundreds of dollars to get what i want and someone finally comes out with a full version to cater to cheapos like you and you still want to *****. not only am i taking a loss from essentially re-buying what i already have (albeit excellent quality, enough for me to throw old money out the window, thank you jack), you don't hear me squawking about it and blaming someone else because i didn't get things handed to me the way i wanted them. not one constructive point, just a jab at me, then jack. you wouldn't have gotten this rant from me if you hand put your stupid tongue in cheek comment, Mr. 5 post new guy here.

also, jack has given numerous extras, will do so on the 2nd kit, and has taken advice along the way and has tailored the figures to what everyone has given input on. can't really say that for anyone else except for maybe f4f.

It was indeed a tongue in cheek comment, so a bit confused as to why you're so incensed about it. I thought I was fairly constructive as to what aspects I don't like about the Phantom Legend (or rather, how it's being sold) and how none of that stops it from being a great figure, so reaching for the ad hominem by calling me frugal and a cheapo is uncalled for. As to my 5 post count, it's certainly not going to stop me from posting my opinions in a discussion forum. Bit bold, I know. True enough that nobody else may give a **** for my opinions, but I'd rather they speak for themselves. As to what you have or haven't spent in the past or present, I don't really care. I'm not comparing myself to you.

Like I said, this is a great figure, and something lots of folk have been waiting for, but that doesn't make it sacrosanct.

It was indeed a tongue in cheek comment, so a bit confused as to why you're so incensed about it. I thought I was fairly constructive as to what aspects I don't like about the Phantom Legend (or rather, how it's being sold) and how none of that stops it from being a great figure, so reaching for the ad hominem by calling me frugal and a cheapo is uncalled for. As to my 5 post count, it's certainly not going to stop me from posting my opinions in a discussion forum. Bit bold, I know. True enough that nobody else may give a **** for my opinions, but I'd rather they speak for themselves. As to what you have or haven't spent in the past or present, I don't really care. I'm not comparing myself to you.

Like I said, this is a great figure, and something lots of folk have been waiting for, but that doesn't make it sacrosanct.

I think your point is fair and I share your views 100%.

Hot Toys pull the old ‘you need to buy both sets to make the figure you want’ quite often. I get why they do it, it’s just annoying that you have to fork out twice to make one figure.

Back