Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread: SUBSISTENCE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always loved his design. People didn't like em just because he wasn't Snake. But he is a great character

I have always wanted to recreate this show down. And insanely this has not been possible yet!

latest

XAMHeXX

Raiden being not Snake was a sour point in the series for years, then MGSV came along and we have the new black sheep of the MGS protagonists.

If you think about it, Venom Snake was a clone character of Raiden as much as Naked Snake was retconned to have Solid Snake’s personality although Venom had the personality of a vegetable and MGS2 Raiden could whoop Venom Snake’s ass any day.

I'm going to say it. You're all not going to like it but it doesn't make it any less true. Raiden could beat Solid Snakes ass.

Think about it....

The truth sucks. Besides, Solid Snake wasn't the one slipping on seagull poop on the Big Shell. :wink1:

When Snake was a child he was training. When Raiden was a child he was in combat.

Snake defeated a Russian attack chopper, Raiden defeated an American jet that specializes in close air support.

Snake defeated Rex, Raiden defeated endless Ray's.

Snake defeated his clone in a fist fight, Raiden defeated his robotic octopus surrogate father in a sword fight.

And the list goes on.

Raiden goes as far as even being able to do more pull ups than Snake.

I dunno why some people hate on Raiden.
He did his role in MGS2 well and then became his own character.
Thank God for MGRR which drove the point home!

And there's no reason to compare him to Solid Snake.
Raiden was created as Snake's replacement to begin with.
He also has too much respect for Snake so it's useless to debate who'd win because they'd never fight.

Raiden i like more than Snake. He was a nerd in MGS2 and thats the point. But the biggest point flies over most peoples heads that in Raidens rookie mission he was doing far more impressive feats than Solid Snake was doing as a seasoned veteran and thats looked over purely because of how the character, as a character was presented. Wannabe snake. And the only reason we hold Solid Snake in such high regard was because the Raiden character needed to take the hit in MGS2 in order for us to be an outside character looking at Solid Snake and not BE Solid Snake as that would entail the baggage of having the colonel tell you how to tie your shoes and use a door handle. Raiden also has his parallels to Big Boss. They both have their storied past with a love interest, Big Boss thought The Boss had defected, Raiden thought Snake had gone rogue, both have missing limbs, eye patch and an evil edge. If we are to believe the tease at the end of Metal Gear Rising then Raiden even did his own " i need my own organisation " arc.

Raiden i like more than Snake. He was a nerd in MGS2 and thats the point. But the biggest point flies over most peoples heads that in Raidens rookie mission he was doing far more impressive feats than Solid Snake was doing as a seasoned veteran and thats looked over purely because of how the character, as a character was presented. Wannabe snake. And the only reason we hold Solid Snake in such high regard was because the Raiden character needed to take the hit in MGS2 in order for us to be an outside character looking at Solid Snake and not BE Solid Snake as that would entail the baggage of having the colonel tell you how to tie your shoes and use a door handle. Raiden also has his parallels to Big Boss. They both have their storied past with a love interest, Big Boss thought The Boss had defected, Raiden thought Snake had gone rogue, both have missing limbs, eye patch and an evil edge. If we are to believe the tease at the end of Metal Gear Rising then Raiden even did his own " i need my own organisation " arc.

All of that happend only because Snake's pretty much dead and Raiden's bein' a fan boy/filler.
Doesn't mean Raiden's a bad character but he's no better or worse than Snake.

And anyway, this franchise is an edgy sarcastic parody of Hollywood. Everything fits (well, except PW and PP).

Doesn't mean Raiden's a bad character but he's no better or worse than Snake.
Snake has the edge with the cool voice, and his Mr cool personality, and i prefer the mgs1 and 2 sneaking suits over the skull suit. He had the superficial things going for him until MGS4. But Snake is a parody character, Raiden was introduced with the feels of a real character at the time the franchise became less of a parody and more political and character based. So Solid was left behind in his shallowness with his one liners, perverted jokes and action hero cliche. His character was already established, and you cant invent things from the past to make him seem deeper. Moving forward Raiden had an arc and Snake fell into the role of old time cliche gun slinger at the end of his days. The times really did pass Snake by literally. His character was set in stone so when the franchise evolved it meant he couldnt. Infact, Hal was the one who got all the character development in MGS 2 and 4. Snake just kind of stood around until it was time to do and say cool stuff for the trailers.

From what I saw only with bionic hands. On one picture with bionic arm you can see that the arm under jacket is in nude color.

price wise this set is much more expensive than Punished Snake, but comes with more accessories minus the arm. i think the sculpt also looks better and the deluxe comes with 2 heads?

i guess since the body doubles as Big Boss they can't really put a synthetic arm on it? but punish snake has a set that comes with head/body/arm only.

price wise this set is much more expensive than Punished Snake, but comes with more accessories minus the arm. i think the sculpt also looks better and the deluxe comes with 2 heads?

i guess since the body doubles as Big Boss they can't really put a synthetic arm on it? but punish snake has a set that comes with head/body/arm only.

I preorderd both. Im planing to swap the head of Venom Snake from LimToys to WJL version cause it's look much better and WJL version has bionic arm + hand, right hand with scarf and full uniform from Phantom Pain :). So if everything goes well Im gonna have Venom Snake like in the first scene I Afghanistan with Ocelot ( I need a horse ^^). And Big Boss from the end of TPP ( I gonna need a bike ;p ).

Back