Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess no word on geccos gray fox? I was hoping preorder would of happened after sdcc, maybe after wonderfest?

Been loving all the accessories I can buy to flank this figure.

IMG_20180802_155535.jpg

Yea I saw that, its a good deal to get $100 off on next figure but the Raiden one is about $100 overpriced at BBTS. You can get on eBay for $200-220 new. I was just wondering if a collector was parting ways with his/hers :)

dang son, months ago a retailer here in the philippines had their raiden stocks selling for 120 dollars each.

Has anybody pre ordered the artbooks from dark horse comics? They should dropping tomorrow.

They have compiled 1 to 4 and peacewalker into two books, a massive 800 pages.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Has anybody pre ordered the artbooks from dark horse comics? They should dropping tomorrow.

They have compiled 1 to 4 and peacewalker into two books, a massive 800 pages.

I have it on order, I'll post with pics and thoughts when I get it. Looks like an awesome set from what I've seen online.

Yeah I got that art book coming from Amazon. I pre-ordered it a long time ago when it was up for $35 and completely forgot about it untill I got the shipping notice this morning.

Finally, I've been waiting for this. Im looking forward to potentially new MGS3 artwork.

This is actually my favourite aspect of the series. The art!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The set is beautiful. Except Amazon damaged the slip case. The books are arranged differently than the previous art books. One is full of sketches which is in chronological order starting 1 to 4 and then peacewalker..in black and white, with story boards
The other volume is the character profiles, posters, promo pictures all in different mediums. Again, starting with 1 to 4 etc...
This is just a quick review. Still haven't taken all in. But recommended. It is one heavy beast!
a37007f51dc22f63caa2c18912f6e66b.jpg
5f9d5e11848a47a0188b932969d259de.jpg

Loving this art book collection. It even answered a life long question I've had. It seems those are indeed miss colored shotgun shells on Pliskins side.

20180807_151415.jpg
20180807_151422.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, the artbooks are fantastic and if you can get it at the lower price, the set is just insane value for money for an artbook. It's also absurdly heavy.

Mantis looks good, but I do not have any interest in it.

Still debating whether I should get the artbook - a great addition to one's collection, but I'll probably only go through it once and never open it again :dunno

I feel like first 4 figures doesn't look at any of the artwork when they create these things, he's definitely missing stuff. The three finger gloves are the main thing that was glaring.

Sorry guys. Good spot. The sample came down with the hands missing the paint. The final product will have that corrected. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back