Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys I was wondering if It's possible or recommended to use a phicen muscular male body + the RAH CROC. Cap ver. (The Complete Suit) + the hot toys head sculp for a custom bigboss figure..

I have a spare RAH Cro. Cap ver. And i think I Will only going to need a new body and one of those fake/chinese hot toys head

Enviado desde mi LG-H850 mediante Tapatalk

Do you guys think $200 would be a fair asking price for a complete Play Arts Kai Cyborg Ninja in good shape with the box? Or has the bootleg reduced the value of an authentic one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont destroy the rah croc cap. Besides, the scale is off. The clothes and the harness are too small for any 1/6 body. You wont be happy. Youd need to get a 1/6 tiger stripe bdu set as well, because they dont have the snake camo and youd have to track down a harness from the hot toys figure. The undershirt is pretty much the only thing worth using from the rah, the hands and boots too but itd look real cheap after. Also, this was a question for the customs section and not the collectibles.

$200 is an unfair asking price no matter what, youre marking it up 333% from retail. But, its your figure and i see why ebay would make you want that much. As far as the bootleg, people cant be happy buying junk. For some, it may be totally fine, but collectors arent going to want that ****. At the end of the day your figure is going to be much more desirable and i personally would pay more for it knowing it was authentic. I would hold out and hope to find an auction that started at most $100 and see how it goes from there. You can ask $200, but it could be a shelf warmer or it could sell. If youre gonna ask that maybe using the best offer button would make it sell quicker but youd have to really be open to offers. Just my 2¢, take it or leave it, but like i said its your figure and you should be able to get as much as you can for it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Dont destroy the rah croc cap. Besides, the scale is off. The clothes and the harness are too small for any 1/6 body. You wont be happy. Youd need to get a 1/6 tiger stripe bdu set as well, because they dont have the snake camo and youd have to track down a harness from the hot toys figure. The undershirt is pretty much the only thing worth using from the rah, the hands and boots too but itd look real cheap after. Also, this was a question for the customs section and not the collectibles.

$200 is an unfair asking price no matter what, youre marking it up 333% from retail. But, its your figure and i see why ebay would make you want that much. As far as the bootleg, people cant be happy buying junk. For some, it may be totally fine, but collectors arent going to want that ****. At the end of the day your figure is going to be much more desirable and i personally would pay more for it knowing it was authentic. I would hold out and hope to find an auction that started at most $100 and see how it goes from there. You can ask $200, but it could be a shelf warmer or it could sell. If youre gonna ask that maybe using the best offer button would make it sell quicker but youd have to really be open to offers. Just my 2¢, take it or leave it, but like i said its your figure and you should be able to get as much as you can for it.

I was just wondering because I'm looking to get rid of most of my PAK figures. I paid over $200 for it years ago so I just don't want to chalk it up as a loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you man and i'm really sorry I didn't know that there was a custom section

So I met Solid Snake himself, David hayter a couple of days ago at Manchester comic con. He signed a print for me which I have since framed. The print says:
"Rob, kept you waiting huh? Snake"

Pretty awesome!

He also signed a base from a 1:6 figure that I have modified to use with my play arts Kai Solid Snake figure. I drilled holes in and placed clear Perspex over the signature to protect it from the figures feet then inserted some metal inserts into the holes.

He was really cool, he shook everyone's hand, gave people enough time and chatted to them and asked where we were from. :rock

61d0acce5823813fbcdd4ae7af85556d.jpg
8a7e2405881542874a79e0fbd31edc40.jpg

Awesome story and Awesome piece to add to the collection. Hayter has always appeared to be a stand up guy. Congrats!

Curious did he choose the kept you waiting line or was that you?

Awesome story and Awesome piece to add to the collection. Hayter has always appeared to be a stand up guy. Congrats!

I follow Hayter on Twitter and, judging by the other autographs that he retweets, he commonly includes that line with his signature. He seems like such a cool guy.

Awesome pieces, Platter; they complement each other perfectly and make for an eye-catching display. I was also unaware of just how nice that PAK Snake is.

So I met Solid Snake himself, David hayter a couple of days ago at Manchester comic con. He signed a print for me which I have since framed. The print says:
"Rob, kept you waiting huh? Snake"

Pretty awesome!

He also signed a base from a 1:6 figure that I have modified to use with my play arts Kai Solid Snake figure. I drilled holes in and placed clear Perspex over the signature to protect it from the figures feet then inserted some metal inserts into the holes.

He was really cool, he shook everyone's hand, gave people enough time and chatted to them and asked where we were from. :rock

61d0acce5823813fbcdd4ae7af85556d.jpg
8a7e2405881542874a79e0fbd31edc40.jpg

just a headsup that perspex is plastic based so it might fuse with the base under constant contact plus the weight of the figure standing on it. also it might fuse with the signature since the marker is probably acrylic based or contains some plastic substance. best way is to have the bolts in between the perspex & base.

Gorgeous figure.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Thanks mate. Agreed. My favourite figure at the minute.

@platty

That solid snake looks amazing without the ****** stock face paint [emoji108]

A little offtopic , thanks to mandarake I finally got it

I still prefer my medicom RAH but I have to admit that this figure is really ... Really well done

Thank you man. Yeah I agree. I was so happy it worked!

Thank you very much! And he chose the line. From what I've seen of the day, he either signed it "kept you waiting huh, Snake." or "'persons name' you're pretty good...snake"

just a headsup that perspex is plastic based so it might fuse with the base under constant contact plus the weight of the figure standing on it. also it might fuse with the signature since the marker is probably acrylic based or contains some plastic substance. best way is to have the bolts in between the perspex & base.
Ill keep my eye on it. The marker is a permanent paint marker.

I follow Hayter on Twitter and, judging by the other autographs that he retweets, he commonly includes that line with his signature. He seems like such a cool guy.

Awesome pieces, Platter; they complement each other perfectly and make for an eye-catching display. I was also unaware of just how nice that PAK Snake is.
Yeah, he really was a cool guy!

Which is good as I waited 3 hours in line to see him. :lol

Thanks man. Yeah it's a really nice figure. Hefty and tall and a great sculpt. It captures that MGS artistic look of the characters.

Guys Any advice on how to stop degradation on the hot toys sneaking suit ??

The synthetic leather is tearing apart and the metal parts have rust

Got my Hot Toys Raiden today. Can't believe Hot Toys is 3 for 3 with half assed MGS figures. Raiden is clearly the best one but that's not saying much. I would probably take the Medicom over this one.

Medicom's Raiden just feels like a more weightier and higher quality figure than the one released from Hot Toys. Of course, you can't pose Medi Raiden at all because the rubber suit is so restrictive.

Remember that hot the MGS figure poll? What a tease. It had MGS2 Snake on it. :(

Can't believe how badly they're handled having the license!!

And the Medicom figure functioned pretty much like Raiden did in game. His feet could hold his sword and his visor extended and retracted they weren't completely different pieces.

Speaking of which, is it common for the full visor to not even cover his eyes?

Back