Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean that's what it was created to be..............and yet....

Like you can have an end to a trilogy of some particular games in a series, and then continue on, but this was an end to the series as a complete whole, like Uncharted 4 to the Uncharted series. MGR is a fine exception since it can do whatever with the canon.

MGS2 was the peak creatively. It set the bar too high for the rest of the series, at least for the non casual poser fans. I'm not ******** on MGS3, it's just the depth in it was pretty shallow in comparison to it's predecessor.

Jesus Christ, this bellend just used the word 'poseur' as a way to insult any MGS fan that got into the games after all the "real fans." Don't cut anybody with all that edge, bro!

No wonder why you're so easy to get stuck on one phrase.

Anyway, can't wait for any future Phantom Pain collectibles. It's easily one of the best games from 2015. Maybe even better than the Witcher 3!

I can't take anyone serious when their opinions on the franchise waver with the comments made from facebook and/or this board

Jesus Christ, this bellend just used the word 'poseur' as a way to insult any MGS fan that got into the games after all the "real fans." Don't cut anybody with all that edge, bro!

Anyway, can't wait for any future Phantom Pain collectibles. It's easily one of the best games from 2015. Maybe even better than the Witcher 3!

Please do us all a favor and go back into the proverbial rock you've been hiding in for the past few years, or stop being a coward and troll with your real forum account. Since Kojima and Shinkawa were let go from Konami, new TPP collectibles aren't being released anymore. There a few now and again, but those were most likely approved before they were fired. There haven't been any new MGS PAK figures in months, and there still hasn't been any word on the HT figure.

Keep holding your breath.

Don't blame me for you getting into the ****tier end of the series :lol

I can't take anyone serious when their opinions on the franchise waver with the comments made from facebook and/or this board

My opinion on the series has always been fairly consistent in the sense that I hold each and every game on their own regard and isolated from one another. If the game is bad to me, that's it, albeit it may have it's good points (like V's gameplay) I just can't stomach the swarm of locusts that have to constantly refer to metacritic as the "definitive" proof that V was a "masterpiece" when it's a bunch of 12 year old reviewers that also think every COD is a God like.

Please do us all a favor and go back into the proverbial rock you've been hiding in for the past few years, or stop being a coward and troll with your real forum account. Since Kojima and Shinkawa were let go from Konami, new TPP collectibles aren't being released anymore. There a few now and again, but those were most likely approved before they were fired. There haven't been any new MGS PAK figures in months, and there still hasn't been any word on the HT figure.

Potato's little spud brother I'm guessing.

Last edited:

Well stated :lecture

P.S. good job constantly saying 'MGS V es g8' without any real context.
Oh he's totally related to someone we know from around here, not gonna say who but that Witcher comment made it clear :lol

Oh my own opinion is of the same as yours

It was actually In reference to that guy who posted above, as well as the vast amount of people on the facebook groups and the few people on here who have no opinion other than that of somebody else's, although I'm not sure what else I can come to expect from the Facebook groups because it's obviously a place for people of that mind set to gather and feed off of one another

Don't blame me for you getting into the ****tier end of the series :lol

My opinion on the series has always been fairly consistent in the sense that I hold each and every game on their own regard and isolated from one another. If the game is bad to me, that's it, albeit it may have it's good points (like V's gameplay) I just can't stomach the swarm of locusts that have to constantly refer to metacritic as the "definitive" proof that V was a "masterpiece" when it's a bunch of 12 year old reviewers that also think every COD is a God like.

Oh my own opinion is of the same as yours

It was actually In reference to that guy who posted above, as well as the vast amount of people on the facebook groups and the few people on here who have no opinion other than that of somebody else's, although I'm not sure what else I can come to expect from the Facebook groups because it's obviously a place for people of that mind set to gather and feed off of one another

Oh alright, I wasn't entirely sure that was directed to me or him.

I have no problem at all with people loving the game. And I extended to this guy multiple times a legitimate request as to why, but he just wants to keep posting troll responses. It's always just the blanket "it's a masterpiece" response. There's this weird mentality in the "fans" lately where I truly believe they know it's flawed, but they push the glaring issues out of their head to just be part of the herd. Again, if you think it's great, fine, but just as you said they can't form their own opinion of it.

Oh alright, I wasn't entirely sure that was directed to me or him.

I have no problem at all with people loving the game. And I extended to this guy multiple times a legitimate request as to why, but he just wants to keep posting troll responses. It's always just the blanket "it's a masterpiece" response. There's this weird mentality in the "fans" lately where I truly believe they know it's flawed, but they push the glaring issues out of their head to just be part of the herd. Again, if you think it's great, fine, but just as you said they can't form their own opinion of it.

I mean get it, I've argued with people in here over opinion loads of times and it's easy to get your back up with someone you just don't agree with and I for sure think people choose to forgo some of the indisputable issues in some of the games and will say anything in their defence because I've witnessed it

Should have quoted actually but it was early and I was on the way to work just browsing

The worst thing is how he went far out to **** on The Witcher 3, hell no! Haven't played too much beyond a few hours but that game knows what it was doing. Pliss is right though, that dudebro literally comes in saying the same thing every time and nothing else. The only other thing he said was that 'poseur' crap, which has nothing to do with MGS V.

On me and the franchise, I went in...'damaged', we'll say that. Some friend, and other people built up the series (specifically MGS1, I believe at the time everyone still hated on 2 and were so-so on 3) to be super huge and grand and great. Didn't live up to the hype. At all. Found it ok, then revisited years later and found it good, aged but decent. Played 2 sometime after and wondered 'why do people hate it? Just that nerd Raiden and super long cutscenes?', and then played 3 and wondered 'where is the love?'. 4 was ok, PW ok, Rising great and V well, we've been over that. Can't state enough how much the fanbase has ruined enjoyment for me and the series, among other issues I take with some of the games but overall solid enough. That said it is why I have serious issues with MGS V.

I see I'm being accused of being a sock account for someone I'm clearly not.

Feel free to go through my posts, which there aren't many of, to see photos and various collectibles I've posted in other threads. I'm sure that will be enough to discredit whatever theories you have.

Sounds to me that a couple of users have received fractured asses over my thoughts on TPP to the point that they're desperately grasping at straws to tie me to a user that I have no association with.

Cute.

Now I'll get back to playing this AMAZING MASTERPIECE known as The Phantom Pain.

Really hopeful for future collectibles regardless of Kojima's association, or now lack thereof, with Konami. There's still money to be milked from the franchise to some degree, I'm sure.

Doesn't matter, you made posts that just say 'TPP is a great game!' and nothing else, so no, we're not wrong. We have a basis. You just basically tried to cover yourself up there, and repeated the same thing again. You literally proved all our points. Good job! Meanwhile you have a discussion thread where you could do all this in, but instead you just come here into the collectibles thread to stir up ****. Maybe you're not a sock account but everything else we said is still pretty valid.

Please listen to Solidus's post. He really does know best. He even answered your question on MGS V collectibles, which you ignored.

Jeeze if only MGSV had as many pages of drama as this thread does.

Seriously what's the point in having this conversation again? Everyone here is already giving this game more thought and effort than the series creator ever did.

I mean get it, I've argued with people in here over opinion loads of times and it's easy to get your back up with someone you just don't agree with and I for sure think people choose to forgo some of the indisputable issues in some of the games and will say anything in their defence because I've witnessed it

Should have quoted actually but it was early and I was on the way to work just browsing

I couldn't agree more. We've ALL mentioned problems with the MGS games that we love. I don't believe you're a real fan if you don't also acknowledge the problems with a piece of media that you also praise. Years ago I used to think MGS fans were "above" the standard gamer, I guess I was wrong.

Oh no Pliss take my advice, at least a significant, vast majority of MGS fans were never above the standard gamer :lol believe me. Also I think the real fan idea applies to everything, you have to seriously realize when something has flaws despite how much you love or praise it, it's simple human nature at that point.

Gaming today is such a huge mess these days though. Between the political correctness, so called 'misogny', games being unfinished and having cut content, trying to be cinematic and sacrificing gameplay...there's a lot and it created so much wrong. Then there's the companies themselves and the statements, the leaks, the impressions. People aren't sure what they want, and it makes sense.

That said the so called sexism and political correctness has to go, that has no place and it's practically attention whoring from a fake victim's POV. Especially since MGS gets pulled into the former and it's almost gone both ways :lol

Now I'll get back to playing this AMAZING MASTERPIECE known as The Phantom Pain.

Really hopeful for future collectibles regardless of Kojima's association, or now lack thereof, with Konami. There's still money to be milked from the franchise to some degree, I'm sure.

:wave take your time, mate. No hurry.
plus, you are & will always be welcome to discuss how great MGSV is elsewhere
(Here's the link for ya https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ar-solid-phantom-pain-ground-zeroes-2046.html )
unless you wish to share with us some of your MGS related collectible, then by all means stick around.

Take my latest contrubution for the thread as an example, a wild Venom Kuma appeared.
3fd0c663-d630-47e6-b030-8ee7fcedc157.jpg

Back