Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still regret paying retail for Liquid. At least Raiden had that neat mask, sword and a better SOCOM Solid could use....

I still regret paying retail for Liquid. At least Raiden had that neat mask, sword and a better SOCOM Solid could use....

Raiden was very cool, and apparently the last of the well-made MGS PAKs.

Even so still sad they never got round to MGS4 or another Solid Snake. I wish we had a way of finding out whats happening with the figure licensing. We still get drip drops of random figures

i won the happy kuji venom snake and ocelot busts for cheap money. i got venom in today, its much bigger than i expected. i also won all the mgs1 variant mcfarlane figures for cheap and got them in. my mgs2 mcfarlane lineup is complete as well as i won solidus new for pretty much retail. i havent been posting here in a bit, havent felt the mgs love here in a long time, didnt think you guys cared anymore.

I know what you mean man but there really isn't much in way of collectibles happening right now and nothing to really be excited about for the series in general. After Frank's custom SS project I'm pulling chocks on the series unless something really comes around to change my mind.

What ashame the franchise has to die so quickly.

Maybe it'll ramp up again when Konami pull a thumb out. Maybe next e3 or TGS. It wouldn't have gone down well if they did something for this e3

I think MGS collectibles has been so inconsistent that it might be a bit off putting to some people. Take the PAK for example, it was never "finished", we never got anymore key characters like MGS2 Snake so it's completely understandable if everyone's bailing now.

Honestly, if I had to pick the epitome of MGS figures it might be the HT Raiden. He's accurate, looks great, and doesn't need anything else to compliment his display.

I think MGS collectibles has been so inconsistent that it might be a bit off putting to some people. Take the PAK for example, it was never "finished", we never got anymore key characters like MGS2 Snake so it's completely understandable if everyone's bailing now.

Honestly, if I had to pick the epitome of MGS figures it might be the HT Raiden. He's accurate, looks great, and doesn't need anything else to compliment his display.

Medi Raiden :lecture

But, yeah, it really doesn't make any sense to collect PAK figures now if you're a competitionist. It seems like they've abandoned the franchise, since there hasn't been a new figure announced in over a year now?

Figma Snake has that fun factor, and Nendoroid Snake feels lovingly created.

PAK has no real purpose anymore, there's so many issues like the scale, inaccuracies, prices, endless variants of characters we don't need...with the line dying I think it's cause MGS V's hype died fast and it just lasted on hype and the Kojima-Konami debacle. The merchandise being too much, all over the place and not that good didn't help, so PAK and Konami probably assume nothing much can be done.

Figma Snake has that fun factor, and Nendoroid Snake feels lovingly created.

PAK has no real purpose anymore, there's so many issues like the scale, inaccuracies, prices, endless variants of characters we don't need...with the line dying I think it's cause MGS V's hype died fast and it just lasted on hype and the Kojima-Konami debacle. The merchandise being too much, all over the place and not that good didn't help, so PAK and Konami probably assume nothing much can be done.

The game was really really bad which was the main reason the hype died so fast.

Probably a bit behind the time here, but received nendoroid Raiden

And Venom Snake, Also repainted my Plays arts figure as it looked crap all black. So painted the sneaking suite with some grey to match the game and other figures

Also recently been taking a few measures to help protect everything in my collection, so firstly tinted all the windows in the room with 5% tint which blocks 99% UV light, so left is with tint, right without

Then put some sticky back foam on my deltofs to keep most of the dust out, so far so good!

And lastly bought some poster gallery folders from Japan to store all my Japanese posters in, this way they can be kept nice and flat

The narrative definitely seemed weaker but honestly MGSV is the best systems-based stealth game I have ever played and one of the best open-world games out there.

Why is it what of the best open world games? I'm legitimately asking since I want to get inside the mind of someone who likes it, and actually get specific reasoning behind their statements and not just "BEST GAME EVAR!!".

I don't agree at all that the stealth is good in this though. The AI is pretty blind and don't react immediately, even at close range to obvious movement.

Nah Splinter Cell Blacklist is a better stealth game, and Hitman probably will outdo too :lol the gameplay does work surprisingly but the scenarios murder the potential.

As for open world...pfft. It looks bad, is barren, barely has a purpose and hinders the game so much more than helps it.

I liked PW stealth aspect far more. It just needed better AI vision, and having just one outfit to wear on a mission made it more straightforward. You'd have to strategically pick one outfit best suited for the landscape, which is far more realistic than swapping in game in MGS3. But I still loved having a variety of BDUs.

To be fair, MGSV stealth was much better and harder when i was trying to beat all the mission objectives i found. Felt a lot more like MGS and i actually enjoyed the mission objectives play through 100x more than the actual story play through.

I don't know anyone who plays the first play through doing all the mission objectives though so that's where it failed in that respect for me.

The open world was garbage. That along with the unnecessarily long chopper rides to and from made tracking across the map a chore whichever way you wanted to go about it.

To be fair, MGSV stealth was much better and harder when i was trying to beat all the mission objectives i found. Felt a lot more like MGS and i actually enjoyed the mission objectives play through 100x more than the actual story play through.

I don't know anyone who plays the first play through doing all the mission objectives though so that's where it failed in that respect for me.

The open world was garbage. That along with the unnecessarily long chopper rides to and from made tracking across the map a chore whichever way you wanted to go about it.

I think some of the checklist are impossible the first time around, such as ones where it requires speed yet you need to recuse all hostages, for example.

To me, Kojma came up with a novel idea of having MGS set in an open world setting, which is admirable but failed to commit so the game was padded out way beyond anyone's tolerance. The fact that none of the bases are as big as say, Grozny Grad is perplexing and stupid.

I'm just glad I got the platinum trophy and don't have to touch this garbage again. Almost killed my love for the entire series. :lol

Yep totally agree, Camp Omega was the best base from V and it wasn't even in TPP :lol

I couldn't even platinum it, although i did get them all apart from the animals one so it's not like i haven't tried or spent time playing it.

I might do at some point in the future.

I think some of the checklist are impossible the first time around, such as ones where it requires speed yet you need to recuse all hostages, for example.

To me, Kojma came up with a novel idea of having MGS set in an open world setting, which is admirable but failed to commit so the game was padded out way beyond anyone's tolerance. The fact that none of the bases are as big as say, Grozny Grad is perplexing and stupid.

I'm just glad I got the platinum trophy and don't have to touch this garbage again. Almost killed my love for the entire series. :lol

Yep totally agree, Camp Omega was the best base from V and it wasn't even in TPP :lol

I couldn't even platinum it, although i did get them all apart from the animals one so it's not like i haven't tried or spent time playing it.

I might do at some point in the future.

The animals were the worst part of the game, no question. Almost made me tear my hair out in frustration since you'll need to ride that chopper over and over again for some of those imaginary animals. :mad:

Camp Omega was a great setting, but it was frustrating that there are no interiors, as if the PS4 can't handle interiors or something. Going into office spaces at your leisure would have added much needed depth to the overall feel.

Back