Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought them all apart from the power raiden variants and anything after venom snake.

I bought them because they seemed like they would do at least the core characters for a good while but then they started dropping off and releasing them weirdly so it sucked all enthusiasm out of getting them for me

Tell me about it. They never even released MGS 2 Snake, no Foxhound figures from MGS 1, not a single figure from either MGS 3 or 4. If I were a completionist, I'd be pretty pissed off about it.

MGS V any good? Thinking about picking up the game but I'm not really into stealth.

It might be worth a go if you've never played a MGS game before.

Before I started collecting hot toys I was a completist, before I started getting the PAK, when they were just play arts I was still a MISB collector

The MGS PAKs brought me out of that as I couldn't just keep them boxed up as I was so stoked they were doing them as up till then it was the mcfarlene and that's it.

Then HT got me out of being a devoted completist, I'd still like a good roaster of characters but I have no issue with not having them all anymore, which made stopping buying PAKs easy

Tell me about it. They never even released MGS 2 Snake, no Foxhound figures from MGS 1, not a single figure from either MGS 3 or 4. If I were a completionist, I'd be pretty pissed off

It might be worth a go if you've never played a MGS game before.

I played Metal Gear Solid 2 and beat it. Love that game.

I played Metal Gear Solid 4 and couldn't get into it. Stop playing after 4 days.

Does it have the same feel as red dead redemption?

Last edited:
If you don't like MGS4 I doubt you'd like MGSV, but it does depend on what you didn't like about MGS4

Honestly, some recent things in the franchise and everything else left a sour mark on me. And I sorta look on the collectibles going "were they worth it?" >.> Also...man all that money for the PAKs, it's so enticing. I could make so much, especially since outside of Snake and Ninja, I didn't pay above retail at least. Although I do wish I waited for Liquid longer...you know, you can still find Liquid and Raiden on stores :lol it's depressing, the poor sales of those two might have killed interest for the older games in Square's eyes. I have MGS 2 Raiden, Solidus, MGR Blue Raiden, Solid Snake (overpaid), Ninja (overpaid), Liquid, PW Jungle Fatigues Boss and that's all. I kind of don't want Meryl, she's still around retail and I think she's almost a waste due to lacking...something that wants me to buy her.

But I still don't get why companies won't visit the older games, besides Good Smile who is taking their time due to wanting to focus on popular things like school girl animes and leaving stuff that is essentially timeless and will always have a market. That's why they leave Nintendo stuff over school girls, the market's always there. It's still so frustrating though.
MGS V any good? Thinking about picking up the game but I'm not really into stealth.
MGS V is not good in any regards. it's ok but nothing more :lol

Depends on who you talk to :lol

I don't think MGSV is a very good game personally and the worst main title in the franchise and much worse than MGS4 overall, but there are plenty who are still playing it to this day

The only PAKs pulling coin in nowadays are MGS1 Snake and Ninja and Quiet, I don't have quiet and was never interested so selling the rest probably wouldn't make that much bank. All the others can be bought for retail or below

As a completist im bull **** that pak didnt do 3 & 4, i would have bought figs from p.o. as well. Them not doing mgs2 snake was a travesty in the line too, idiots.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

I'm still in awe that we didn't get PAK MGS 2 Snake. It's not like at that point, they didn't do the same characters from different games :dunno

4620042-here+we+go.gif

I was blown away by the PAK PW Snake when the figure was previewed back in (2010?). It genuinely looked like they took the concept of the McFarlane figures, sized it up, added articulation and scanned the sculpt from the game- all at a low, low price of $50! A deluxe McFarlane, if you will.

After finally having it in hand during launch, I was so impressed that I decided I'll collect the entire line but that never happened. Between the insane price jumps and questionable sculpts and paint, PAK simply went the way of the McFarlane to me. By 2015, I sold all my PAKs and never looked back. In the age of Hot Toys and faithful customs, they're just way past their prime. They're not bad or anything, they're just not worth the asking price for my money.

The other issue with PAK is we're never gonna have a complete set, and even if we DID, it would look pretty bad with everything out of scale among other issues. Why are they 5 Raidens from the same game, 3 Big Bosses from the same game, but only 3 Solid Snakes from different games? Why does GZ Big Boss have a pin head? There are some inaccuracies too I believe like PAK Meryl...

I am holding off on purchasing any of the MGSV PAK figures in hopes that Hot Toys delivers a Snake and Quiet.

Dug out the old Yamato figures. They're still very lovely!

26169579270_748146f03a_b.jpg

I remember all the trouble you went through to get the entire set. You were running into a lot of bootlegs, right? I really wish I collected these back in the day.

That signed MGS 2 from Hibino................ :thud:.

Back