Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My most anticipated MGS related thing this year :clap

Hopefully we'll get an announcement soon for the next figure.

Snake was shown in July, went up for preorder in October, is being released this June.

It's been a year and there has been no update on the Gurlukovich soldier.

Last edited:
Hopefully we'll get an announcement soon for the next figure.

Snake was shown in July, went up for preorder in October, is being released this June.

It's been a year and there has been no update on the Gurlukovich soldier.

Unfortunately that isn't abnormal for figma . Ryoko fro Kill la Kill was released early last year. The companion figure wasn't released for pre-order till 2 months ago and isnt released till fall this year. I think they concentrate on few releases at a time to keep up QC, and different franchises too keep up steady sales figures.
Im still hoping for the classic brown/orange camo soldier, the teaser released seemed to be the black camo back-up guards. Which doesn't makes sense to me.

p.s theres lots of characters they've announced that haven't been teased or spoken of yet. Like Motoko Kusinagi from GitS:Arise. I wish these companies were more transparent sometimes

Unfortunately that isn't abnormal for figma . Ryoko fro Kill la Kill was released early last year. The companion figure wasn't released for pre-order till 2 months ago and isnt released till fall this year. I think they concentrate on few releases at a time to keep up QC, and different franchises too keep up steady sales figures.
Im still hoping for the classic brown/orange camo soldier, the teaser released seemed to be the black camo back-up guards. Which doesn't makes sense to me.

p.s theres lots of characters they've announced that haven't been teased or spoken of yet. Like Motoko Kusinagi from GitS:Arise. I wish these companies were more transparent sometimes

Yeah, didn't they announce a Bruce Lee figure like 2 years ago too?

Also, does anyone here collect nendoroids? Not just MGS but in general, I want to buy some AnoHana nendoroids from eBay but apparently there are bootlegs, any idea how to tell the bootlegs from the originals?

Bruce Lee was shown over 2 years ago I think :lol but they showed more pics recently apparently. I think the way Figma works is they focus on what is popular at the time, over what is popular all the time; MGS, and Nintendo franchises are generally consistently popular and stand the test of time, where as some generic schoolgirl animes will be forgotten with time, so they want to get on that hype and saved the consistently popular franchises for a bit later. For reference, we saw Nendoroid Luigi and Toon Link in 2013, and didn't get the full figure until Summer and Fall 2014 (pretty sad when you realize the Year of Luigi just ended, and Wind Waker HD's hype was sorta gone) yet they did Nagisa Momoe from the recent Madoka Magica movie in insane time, showing her in 2014, opening preorders and getting her out before the summer. That's likely why they're so obsessed with schoolgirls, the other reasons maybe being Japan, ease of making and what not.

Gaspar, with bootleg and legitimate nendoroids, compare the price with retail, and look at the quality compared with the official pics. MyFigureCollection has bootleg pics, sometimes with the original and its bootleg for comparison. I'd use regular, trusted retailers over eBay for Good Smile figures unless you can verify for sure, since they get bootlegged a lot, compared to Figuarts. MyFigureCollection itself has sales with legitmate figures.

And Dylan, I feel for you, that freaking sucks :( I feel the same way as Jason.

Last edited:
big thanks to rampagesss for hooking me up with this excellent care package, hes a true friend on the forum. theres a lot of cool stuff in here and its all in mint condition too! on a side note i also got my 2nd skullface pak to display with my ground zeroes stuff.

View attachment 187722

Its all good mate!, Im just glad you finally got them! :lol
Im always willing to help out fellow MGS collectors in any way I can :hi5:

thanks ramp, the stuff looks great in my cabinet.

i just got an email from goodsmile that figma mgs2 snake is slated to start shipping on june 16th, about 2 1/2 weeks away boys!!! i hope theres no delays.

BTW I got my Yamato Snake over the weekend and took a shot of the SOCOM is comes with. It's on top.

dMhDl2n.jpg

thanks ramp, the stuff looks great in my cabinet.

i just got an email from goodsmile that figma mgs2 snake is slated to start shipping on june 16th, about 2 1/2 weeks away boys!!! i hope theres no delays.

Figma Solid Snake ships June 16th from Goodsmile.

sweet, i like that i hear about this stuff here before i see he emails lol. 2 week to go! Anyone have experience with Goodsmiles direct shop? How are they shipping wise etc

So a quick rant. I am in the military and recently moved from Arizona to North Carolina. Well the contracted movers totally lost the box that contained my entire Play Arts collection. Both Solid Snake and Grey Fox included. They claim they will issue me a check for replacement but I have to prove their worth first. Has anyone on here ever had to do something like this before?

Holy **** man. I don't even know what to say to this. I guess the only way to prove their worth would be, show them current prices for them on eBay.

So i've have had Rex for a good while and i like it alright. However, I've been on the fence about Ray. Whats the concensus on Ray, good/bad? I haven't seen too many reviews on it other than unboxing videos.

Got quiet in today, pak is getting way better with their paint, shes perfect. I do like how they made her upper torso rubber, not for the boobage, but for the blending of the neck. Looks more natural.

0c812cb9a81f8bc53ed4bd97ba5d63e8.jpg

84f6dc80ac2fb8ab89cc041c2bfed4be.jpg

Got Quiet here yesterday, very nice figure. The only thing that pisses me off is the size of MGSV line. Quiet is way bigger than MGS1 Meryl..

Back