Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh no!! I really want a Medicom METAL GEAR SOLID 2 Solid Snake
w.png

oh no!! I really want a Medicom METAL GEAR SOLID 2 Solid Snake
w.png

Medicom only made a 6" figure of MGS2 Snake. As much as I like Medicom, I doubt a 1/6 MGS2 Snake will last long due to the suit. Medicom figures have a tendency to break down over the years.

The decals, specially on the legs, are a real pain in the @ss. But the kit is very easy to build, piece of cake.
I'm really impressed by the amount of details Koto put in it.

A great looking piece once the color is right (...? What color was it in game, dark shiny/metallic aqua green?)

It seems like no one can get the colors of MG RAY correct :lol. I thought it was aqua green, too. But, then Shinkawa painted his model of Koto RAY in gray, for some reason.

I think it'll be sold painted, like how they sold the silent hill statues.
We'll see them sooner or later.

Really...hmph. I was hoping that it wouldn't, because I don't mind painting. IMO that is more fun, than just buying painted and ready made statues etc.

That's awesome, I can't wait to get mine.

For the Marine model, the Outer Haven version has all those designs that the decals are used for and I think the actual color of the hull is different too.

What's the difference between the 2 design wise? Other than the infamous tail

Ah ok, i thought i there were more differences

Is the 3A RAY the most accurate colour scheme for the Outer Haven RAY, would you say

Doesn't appear they aren't any different, although the AI RAYs don't have those glowing "eyes" and rather have the single eye in the front.

Ah ok, i thought i there were more differences

Is the 3A RAY the most accurate colour scheme for the Outer Haven RAY, would you say

Definitely, it even has the design patterns on it that are the decals for the Koto. All the other RAYs never had that.

Yeah I think their RAY is much higher quality than what they offered with REX. I just hope it's not littered with problems.

Yeah I think their RAY is much higher quality than what they offered with REX. I just hope it's not littered with problems.

I'm actually amazed at how little hype there's been for Ray. When rex was coming out, the 3A forums were busy as hell. Now for ray the thread goes weeks without posts.

WOW looking good, What color did you use and what brand paint, Im having a hard time trying to find a good color to use on it, but yours looks great!

My crappy photo don't give justice to the color. I used krylon paint. Antique gold and aqua blue with a hammered effect.
It looks very good on Ray, I will try to take better shot next time.

Back