Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I remember correctly, he only subtlety repainted Snake's body, which is why you can almost not tell the difference.

Yeah I just noticed that the body is a little darker and not so much white/grey paint around his abs. Man I can't wait to see how his Raiden is going to look after the repaint! XD

Yeah I just noticed that the body is a little darker and not so much white/grey paint around his abs. Man I can't wait to see how his Raiden is going to look after the repaint! XD

I want to see him do GZ Big Boss. I think that headsculpt is hideous, the paint just makes it even worse.

You took Liquid from zero to hero Zelu, superb!

I plan to eventually repaint some of my PAK figures. Once I get around to using that airbrush.. I have to catch up on my Gunpla first.. then figures.

Again! Thanks guys for all your kind comments! "from zero to hero Zelu! is my favourite!! lol

It all depends of the figure. On Solid Snake I repainted his head and did a touch up on his body, Meryl was 100% repaint, Liquid was just his head, hair and torso.

@WellCQCaboutthat Let see what I can do and if I will have time to do all 3 of them - It is very time consuming as I'm always working on the paint job until I'm happy and this can take a while ;)

I only remove the unnecessary dark shading etc and I paint on top of the paint. I start with applying 5-6 very thin, watered down coats of paint to get the base colour and after I do the shading.

oh id fully disassemble the figures for you and put them back together myself, all you need to worry about is paint and i will make it easy for you. well talk eventually. imo zelu the paint is perfect on liquid, but his jacket should be a dark brown, almost as dark as the boots.

ok here is MGS2 - Raiden :D

He was pretty good out of the box but I shortened his neck and re sculpted/cut his hair + new head repaint :)

Dude, you made me want a Liquid figure now lol

The job on Raiden ain't half bad either but he was already good. They put no dark shading on his face maybe that's why lol

ok here is MGS2 - Raiden :D

He was pretty good out of the box but I shortened his neck and re sculpted/cut his hair + new head repaint :)

Nice! I might get 2 Raidens and do a complete resculpt on one to make him game accurate. Say what you want about Raiden but I love his hair in MGS2, it's so umm... not Snake. :lol

7dfr.png

o5km.png

yeah, I'm not a big fan of Play Arts hair but after this few changes I decided to keep it (for now)

Slightly different light but here is before and after again

Wow superb job there, but I wonder why you got such a F'd up Liquid, mine doesn't look half bad as yours... even has a glossy finish and dark lips!? wtf!
Best part of your repaint is the eyes, definetly bad *** Miller.

oh, also a quick question, has anyone managed to pose MGR Raiden like this??? I'm having a hard time trying it lol:

MGR_Raiden_sm.jpg

I was even wondering if my Liquid was a bootleg cause of the ****ty paintjob but it can't be as it it is from AmiAmi.com and they only sell authentic products... just ****ty quality control :(

Back