Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks guys! yeah evilface charged me $38 shipped for 6 decals and 6 name plates. they came in a normal envelope. just be really careful when installing them, the tiny lettering wants to stay on the masking tape if you dont bend it at a harder angle. take your time and do things very slowly. also when applying them to the stand make sure you smooth them out properly or you will get air bubbles. i had to pop a couple to smooth them out because i wasnt paying enough attention on the first one i did. luckily they arent noticeable.

It would be great to have one with 1/6 Old snake (if HT actually do it as mentioned in the interview or medicom should you prefer).
But it would be as tall as Rex and will definitely come with a hideous stand

Yeah it would be pretty huge, but its one "metal gear" you can pose with 1/6 figures, thats a win. I don't know how they would make the articulation for the legs... but its not impossible.

I'm not a fan of the medicom Old Snake, I hope HT make one, but anyway I'll get the medicom version if I have to it should look better with a repaint

thanks guys! yeah evilface charged me $38 shipped for 6 decals and 6 name plates. they came in a normal envelope. just be really careful when installing them, the tiny lettering wants to stay on the masking tape if you dont bend it at a harder angle. take your time and do things very slowly. also when applying them to the stand make sure you smooth them out properly or you will get air bubbles. i had to pop a couple to smooth them out because i wasnt paying enough attention on the first one i did. luckily they arent noticeable.

Thanks for the info, Jason, that's a great price. By the way, if the decals are anything like those in Gundam kits, you can add a small bit of water on the surface of the plastic (the hard plastic of the stand, not the tape) for easier application. There are a bunch of YouTube videos on different techniques of applying decals.

i know about that, i actually install vinyl on cars. these i didnt want to do that. they definitely added more quality to my display, i want to do the rest of them soon.

meryl looks awesome. itd be cool to see the black arm stockings sanded out and repainted so its just her bare arms. she does have long gloves with various black straps up her arms though. also the knife/holster needs to be on her left leg not her right. keep the customs coming!!!!

Cheers, sanding out the arm stockings could be tricky as there joints are dark so even after painting the paint would rub off when posing. Perhaps replacing the arms would be an option. I don't know why they even added them, I don't remember her wearing that in any of the games ? :/

Got my labels in today for my stands, evilface did an awesome job on them.

11907529874_2c1ca0121c_h.jpg
Love the Cyborg Nina/Raiden and the side visor mods on the very right figure

Thanks man. Did you see the led mods on them too? Long time, no see. If you wanna check em out look at my photostream. I also relocated/shortened the sheath arms.

Yep, saw the LED's and the mid-progress pics. Im still keeping an eye on things! Just havent had time to post much. Your customs, the guy a few pages back with the repaints on Liquid & Raiden are very cool. They look far better than the stock versions. I actually see the characters they are meant to be when i look at them.

Very cool! I know that the custom labels are from evilface, does he sells those black stands as well?

New image of Metalic Snake. The large gap between his nose and mouth bothers me :S
MGS-Ground-Zeroes-Snake-Play-Arts.jpg

My first time looking at the revamped site and... i dont like it. I preferred the older colour scheme. Its easier on the eye

PAK for whatever reason gets the wrong eye color 99% of the time. Snake had brown eyes as did the old Big Boss figures.

Back