Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
soo close yet soo far...:(

I'm fine with Square taking liberties with the figures, it's kinda expected now with older MGS games. At least we still have these guys.

20130526172359.jpg

Its not that i have a problem with. Im fine with taking liberties as long as the basics/most important parts are there. Like the goddamn face! Id be extremely happy with Liquid if it wasn't for that crack head face.

Plus the designs for MGS1 are flawless!

those medicom figure very ugly to me, these medicoms re the closest weve gotten to good MGS figures (which im still greatful for)

PAK Kaz for 35 bucks shipped (last one) if anyone is looking for him:
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Walker-Play-Arts-Action-Figure/dp/B005418CDM/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1369563943&sr=8-23&keywords=metal+gear+solid+figures[/ame]

I know this is off topic slightly but i re-watched the GZ trailer again the other day to show a friend who hadn't seen it. When BB crawls up the side of the mountain they actually 100% call him Snake! not Big Boss

And after Kojima had said he was trying to split the 2 characters up and give BB his own identity

Great work Plis! :clap Are you gonna color it?

Thanks Ryan, but I doubt I will color it as it was just a one off sketch to pass the time. I have two weeks off work since I'm getting my tonsils removed this Tuesday so I will be putting a lot of time into sketching so I will post more.

Don't understand why Liquids sleeve is pulled up.

That's why I'm getting two and stealing the left arm off the spare.

Last edited:
After looking all over i cant find a single photo of both 3a rex legs without the panels. All the Right leg panels can be removed but left one only the lower part of the leg. Idoesnt have to do anything with paint stickîg the panel. However i did discover that the right Heel and antenna had removable panels not shown in the booklet.

What size i should be looking for if i wanted to have a pilot?

https://m.flickr.com/photos/84153302@N06/8160565831/lightbox/
?

That's why I'm getting two and stealing the left arm off the spare.
I had that idea, but thought it would be too pricey for me. Its a shame people dont part out Play arts on ebay. Id maybe hope to find a broken one to harvest it. I saw a white Raiden on ebay not so long ago loose minus a couple of items for like $30. I considered it, because i really want a 2nd visor. One i can cut in two, cut away the plug and stick it on the side of his head.

I have also very briefly entertained the idea of slicing the visor in half drilling a hole in to each side of raidens head, adding 2 little swing arms to the visor and plugging it in to his head so the visor can swing around and met at the front then retract

I imagine Liquid's sleeve is rolled up because they're gonna re-use his body mold for Ocelot who did the whole "I have Liquid's arm and here it is!" pose

My latest addition to my Play Arts collection, which was quite thoughtfully bought for me by my housemate for my birthday:

img0319vl.jpg

img0324ku.jpg

img0322m.jpg

The only problem now is I feel like I need to finish the set and get Meryl and Miller, despite REALLY not wanting either.

I had that idea, but thought it would be too pricey for me. Its a shame people dont part out Play arts on ebay. Id maybe hope to find a broken one to harvest it. I saw a white Raiden on ebay not so long ago loose minus a couple of items for like $30. I considered it, because i really want a 2nd visor. One i can cut in two, cut away the plug and stick it on the side of his head.

I have also very briefly entertained the idea of slicing the visor in half drilling a hole in to each side of raidens head, adding 2 little swing arms to the visor and plugging it in to his head so the visor can swing around and met at the front then retract

Pricey ? Your buying a $800.00 bust doesnt get more pricey then that.

No local retailors in the UK?
Theres stores in the UK that sell them, we just pay more than Americans for everything. Its not scalping its just the cost of where we live. In theory i could have about 40% more figures in my collection for the costs we pay over here

:clap:yess:just scored another tiger stripe rah for $106 shipped. i bought the last one for $100, but sold it a while ago for some reason. im glad i didnt overpay for this one. now i finally have the full mgs3 set. im psyched. still looking for an olive drab old snake, if anyone has one they wanna part with let me know. thanks!

Wow congrats! Been thinking about getting one of those medicom snakes. Is the knife sheath on the shoulder rubber? Ive always wondered

Back