Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's seriously unfortunate that MGS and RE are not doing well in their eyes. Guess they'll just keep making 50 different iterations of Batman, Joker, and Iron Man.

Just got my Revoltech Snake and it's really not that great. The headsculpt kinda sucks.

I will post some pictures tomorrow.

It's possible that Hot Toys will continue the line, the bigger question is how are the figures will look like if they do MGS1 & 2. I'm confident that if they do MGS4, PW & MGSV, it will look amazing.

Then again, a member here from Singapore said that there were almost ZERO pre-orders for MGS3, and I'd say it's not sought after here in Malaysia too.

Thats because no one asked for that Snake! ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Just got my Revoltech Snake and it's really not that great. The headsculpt kinda sucks.

I will post some pictures tomorrow.

you mean the figure overall or just the face? Does the body look as good as the pics at least?
I never liked revoltech cause the QC sucks and the plastic/paint quality is poor. I was hoping that was gonna change :(

im still gonna get that bugger tho

Thats because no one asked for that Snake! ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

you mean the figure overall or just the face? Does the body look as good as the pics at least?
I never liked revoltech cause the QC sucks and the plastic/paint quality is poor. I was hoping that was gonna change :(

im still gonna get that bugger tho

Well maybe those figures are not doing well since IIRC, MGS4 Raiden won the poll for a HT figure release, correct? So, in some way is Koji/HT's fault for not listening to their costumers.
And for what I have read, both BB and TB are not top notch figures in their portfolio of figures (I have read more complains than praise for The Boss figure) so basicaly, is their responsability not ours for not want to buy'em.

And YES, good call on those extra heads for Old Snake with the MGMKII :D

Also Grey Fox and Solid Snake are the best selling Play Arts Metal Gear figures so they should know that Solid is King!
At any rate if the new figures are not SolidSnakes then they are utter failures!

I mean who buys these figures/merchandise anyways, newbies or the Hardcore?.... exactly!

I'm still holding out for this year in hopes that we'll see some new Hot Toys MGS figures.

So who's buying up all the MGR: Revengence RAIDEN figures?

I'd say those are NOT the regular "hardcore" fans, but newbies who either really like the game, or newbies who really like the character.

Because - no matter what anyone here will say - there are very few "die hard" MGS fans who liked Raiden...at least before he was cool. And some still don't like him.

And I'd pose the possibility that Solid Snake and Gray Fox were made in smaller numbers than many of the previous PAK figures (no idea why, but the weren't available in as many retailers as many previous figures)...and if that's true, it wouldn't be hard for them to sell out. Square Enix could have done this as there was obviously no recent game or tie in save the anniversary which any retailer will tell you isn't a selling point for most toys.

I'd say Solid Snake and Gray Fox are in the line to be re-released in less than 18 months...but that's just a guess. An educated guess, but a guess none the less ;)

I do hope that they are re-released, since the prices on Ebay are just beyond ridiculous. $300 for a Solid Snake PAK figure? Puh-leeezeee.

In addition to what you mentioned, I bet that scalpers are also buying out the Raiden figure.

...I bet that scalpers are also buying out the Raiden figure.

finally someone sees it.... ;) :)

I'm guessing A LOT of the in-stock Raiden figures were bought up thinking they'd be able to resell Raiden at an increased price. Heck, even retailers who bought him to sell at SRP ($69.99) have bumped him up to $85+ (which is shameful IMHO).

That said, it's their product to do with as they please and I get it...I do.

Personally, Raiden has always been my favorite character *GASP*!

Ever since he first showed up in MGS2, I've liked the little sword-wielding idiot...and even more so since he got "cool" in MGS4. Going "Cyborg Ninja" will do that to you!

It's been sort of funny to see other fans and non-fans alike chime in on their opinions of him and I think it's funny how many people suddenly jumped on the Raiden bandwagon (populated mostly by newbies) once MGR was released and was officially seen as "cool." Of course, there are still the die-hard Snake fans, but to think they're eatting crow about Raiden is sort of funny to me...

That said, Square has got ALL the fans by the short and curlys since the die-hards will of course buy the Raiden figures (as they have to have one of each) and the newbie fans of Raiden only will buy the figure (as they want to jump into the series with this figure).

It also doesn't hurt that the character design visually is something out of a sci-fi fan's wet dream - all swords and knives and awesome all over.

And the figure is big enough some 1/6th collectors have even jumped on board...and we're seeing a lot of new fans try to buy up the older, popular figure (Solid Snake, Grey Fox, etc) and thus the price increase.

Square isn't dumb either...they'll re-release the figures eventually as there's only more money to be made by them and that's the reason they're making the figures: money.

On that note, what's next for the Metal Gear PAK line? We've seen MGS2 Raiden and Liquid - any guesses or ideas?

More MGS2? MGR:R? Lots of speculation but what's next in terms of figures that'll be marketable?

I actually liked Raiden by the end of MGS2 on my frst playthrough. He became a badass by the end.
Plus i always though his design while bishonin, still cool. The suit is badass, and i like how he wielded a sword and was acrobatic. I think the only fault was his whiny voice at times.
They should have got Batman Beyonds Voice actor to play him

back on topic here's the first Revoltech review. I think it looks great here, even the face. @Sonny545 does yours look this good??

25aac90es.jpg

4f3631acs.jpg

4d012ea5s.jpg

https://www.gundammodelkits.com/kaiyodo-revoltech-yamaguchi-snake-review-by-hacchaka.html

I'm sorry but it looks horrible! When will we get justice for these figures? Please sideshow do a premium format for the mgs line.

And that is what I love about fans!

Different stokes for different folks!

I love it when fans can agree to disagree and still like the same property and line!

That said, I'm just glad I don't collect that size figure and I am not a completest (anymore) as I love the poseability of the Revoltech figures but agree that paint job leaves me wanting...

Well, my Revoltech Snake just shipped! I should get it soon. I'm probably going to give a try at a video review when I receive it :lol.

oh cool... never saw the premium package of miller! thought it was maybe before they marked the packages!

Um, no you're wrong but right about its rarity. There's another on eBay right now if you want it for $55 + $17 shipped. You're welcome.

ysupyded.jpg

yzy2y6aq.jpg

Sent from Shadow Moses by codec.

@rampagesss : WOW...!!!!! Nice collection you got there. :love
BTW..... do you had MGS HD Collection LE (*** Ver.), are those came with special artbook just like the other version?????

Back