Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah exactly.It looks more like brownish pink or something lol

When I saw pics of the PAK of Yellow I thought it was a mistake naming it yellow since it wasn't at all. But I confirmed it when I unlocked the yellow in the game... WTF were they thinking?

Thanks!
I painted a plastic insert to make the nose light appear accurate, and it's also completely removable!

I was just thinking about this and I'm considering trying it. Did you cut a piece of plastic and cut it? Does it fall out easily?

I was just thinking about this and I'm considering trying it. Did you cut a piece of plastic and cut it? Does it fall out easily?

Yeah, just cut a small piece of thin plastic little by little until there's just enough friction on the sides to keep it from falling out. Btw there's actually a small slot inside the top part of the nose that the plastic can also slide and secure into. Use thin layers of paint or it might get scratched off when sliding it into the nose.

Just got my hot toys Naked Snake and tomorrow I will pick Solidus. Actually good thing I didn't get that white Raiden, for suddenly yesterday the local toystore had sent me mail, that they have mailed my G.I Joe Snake Eyes, Snake and Solidus. So that kind of raped my wallet. Enough toys for one month :D

About that Snake; His suit really hinders all the cool movement and since it might be rather fragile, I just keep his arms pointing down and just slightly bent his right arm where he is holding his pistol.

BTW: How the hell did you attach that survival knife to his boot? The strap in the sheat just comes in a way and I couldn't really wiggle the knife handle in to that loop.

Last edited:
I ordered my Solidus from BBTS as soon as it went on preorder--it came in the mail a couple of months ago, but I only opened it yesterday. All in all I'm very impressed, but the articulation in his right arm at the shoulder (where it meets the large shoulder piece) seems fused, and all the wiggling, wobbling, and chipping away at the paint that I've done hasn't freed it one bit :( I tried contacting BBTS to see if they could get a replacement arm from Square Enix but no luck, so now I have to go directly to SE myself----wish me luck!

Anybody have any suggestions on what I can do to free up the articulation or get a replacement part from Play Arts?
34j62l1.jpg
16c9x1f.jpg

I ordered my Solidus from BBTS as soon as it went on preorder--it came in the mail a couple of months ago, but I only opened it yesterday. All in all I'm very impressed, but the articulation in his right arm at the shoulder (where it meets the large shoulder piece) seems fused, and all the wiggling, wobbling, and chipping away at the paint that I've done hasn't freed it one bit :( I tried contacting BBTS to see if they could get a replacement arm from Square Enix but no luck, so now I have to go directly to SE myself----wish me luck!

Anybody have any suggestions on what I can do to free up the articulation or get a replacement part from Play Arts?
34j62l1.jpg
16c9x1f.jpg

Josh!! Haven't seen you here in a while :hi5:.

Sorry to hear about your Solidus. Hopefully someone here will be able to give you some suggestions. Are you getting ThreeA's MG REX btw?

I remember our conversation about ThreeA Rex, Solidus, and how excited you were to get it! Did yours come in yet? I've read some of the horror stories on the thread for that particular product!

Remember that my issue with it was that it was just too large? Well, imagine my surprise when the Kotobukiya model was announced. I got that one waiting for me at BBTS, though I shudder to think about how tough it'll be to paint it. But if they make a Ray with a tail---or a Gekko---I might have to bite!

I'm really happy with the Play Arts Version of your namesake---now just waiting on getting that arm to work!

I'm really happy with the Play Arts Version of your namesake---now just waiting on getting that arm to work!

Try placing it under a blow dryer for about 30 seconds at a time. If that doesn't work, give a few minutes in the freezer a try. Either of those options usually do the trick for most stuck joints.

Put a cup of water in a coffee mug and put in the microwave for 1 minute. It should boil within 45 seconds or so.

Slowly lower the locked/frozen piece into the boiling water and then leave it there for 10 or so seconds, checking it every 10 seconds to see if it's loosened up any. Once it's soft, SLOWLY move it from the lowest point on the peg to NOT break or bend the peg too much.

I've done this on literally hundreds of figures over the last 15 years and it's only not worked four or five times...at which time I've done the freeze and pop method (which simply takes more time).

According to my tracking my PAK White Raiden is out for delivery \o/

Ill take a few pictures if i can

Once ive got used to his body ill do some nice Dynamic ones, but at the moment im still courting the figure. Im new to PAK and the bodies so i dont want to go wild with it straight out of the box incase i have an accident.

I will say though, i think its alot better than i expected it to be. I would love more from the Rising line

Picked my Solidus today. I'm really happy that he seems ok and it doesn't have paint flaws or anything. Gotto admit that he is rather large compared to other play arts figures, but the price was barely acceptable. He looks very cool in his ummm... tentacle harness.

Like I mentioned the overall fun factory of HT Snake is not that great, but he does look really nice IRL. The head doesn't seem too big for that body and overall I like those proportions. I also really admire the head-sculpt. It looks really realistic etc.

Nice dude! I'm glad you like it hopefully the joints aren't extremely stiff. it took me almost an hour to make him fully poseable because the shoulders we're so stiff. and also with the tentacles meet the chest plate there are 2 articulations that are completely frozen. hot water and a little gentle elbow grease and some patience will free them up.

Sent from the Shell by codec.

Back