Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how long exactly did it take to get to you from the day you ordered?

Seems to me this has got to be the longest pre-order in Sideshow history...

From Bambaland, a little more than 11 months I believe. REX went on order March of 2012 I believe.

good....thaks....hope most rexs ship bifore half month....still i live in argetina so its 1 to 2 moths more of waiting for me

:duff

About damn time, you'll love it. Hopefully you won't get a crooked jaw and a mouth that won't fully stay closed like mine :slap

Thanks, bro. :duff

I'm a bit concerned about the jaw, because it seems that it can't be closed completely, from the in-hand pics and review videos that I've seen. Kind of hoping my figure is free of any noticeable defects... :monkey1

Getting ready to have my mind blown when I receive it at the end of the week (or by early next week the latest). I'll post some pics for comparison in case I find any discrepancies or things of significance that are worth mentioning.

So how long exactly did it take to get to you from the day you ordered?

Seems to me this has got to be the longest pre-order in Sideshow history...

It's definitely the longest wait for a pre-order that I had on Sideshow. I ordered REX on March 12 of last year, so it's been nearly an entire year... :rotfl :slap

Thanks, bro. :duff

I'm a bit concerned about the jaw, because it seems that it can't be closed completely, from the in-hand pics and review videos that I've seen. Kind of hoping my figure is free of any noticeable defects... :monkey1

Getting ready to have my mind blown when I receive it at the end of the week (or by early next week the latest). I'll post some pics for comparison in case I find any discrepancies or things of significance that are worth mentioning.

It's definitely the longest wait for a pre-order that I had on Sideshow. I ordered REX on March 12 of last year, so it's been nearly an entire year... :rotfl :slap

After getting it and noticing the jaw issue I immediately checked all the REX reviews. I saw a few crooked jaws and even pics put up on here. My main issue is the mouth not locking shut, but I think it's a issue with everyone's, they should of used a ratchet joint to it literally locks in place.

Defects aside, it's my most cherished collectible.

I just got charged for my Rex and its status has changed to shipping soon, shipping Charge was nearly 40 bucks flat. How fast is Sideshow when it comes to shipping orders, and how fast is the actual shipping service they use? Website says 72 hours in regards to shipping it out but i know a lot of sites say one thing and do another.

Never shopped through them before, so i have no clue what to expect in regards to their business practices.

I just got charged for my Rex and its status has changed to shipping soon, shipping Charge was nearly 40 bucks flat. How fast is Sideshow when it comes to shipping orders, and how fast is the actual shipping service they use? Website says 72 hours in regards to shipping it out but i know a lot of sites say one thing and do another.

Never shopped through them before, so i have no clue what to expect in regards to their business practices.

From the years that I've shopped with them, Sideshow has never held one of my orders for 72 hours - so they should ship it out sooner. As for the shipping method, they'll use either Fed EX or UPS ground. Delivery time will vary depending on your location. I live in NY, so their packages take just over a week to arrive at my doorstep (sometimes less if I'm fortunate).

By the way, welcome to the forum! Char Aznable is pretty awesome - my favorite Gundam character, by far :duff.

From the years that I've shopped with them, Sideshow has never held one of my orders for 72 hours - so they should ship it out sooner. As for the shipping method, they'll use either Fed EX or UPS ground. Delivery time will vary depending on your location. I live in NY, so their packages take just over a week to arrive at my doorstep (sometimes less if I'm fortunate).

By the way, welcome to the forum! Char Aznable is pretty awesome - my favorite Gundam character, by far :duff.

Thanks for the information, i might get lucky then, here's hoping:yess: . Due to my close proximity to Fedex, UPS, and USPS hubs i managed to get packages from Japanese retailers in much shorter times than most. Live in Indiana, not to far from Indianapolis and Chicago. I have actually managed to get Unregistered SAL packages in mere days on occasion, longest wait being a little more than a week. Record was my MG Zaku 2.0, came via SAL in 3 days. My shipping times are the only thing i enjoy about living where i do.

And great to hear it, have always loved the Universal Century shows, and i almost always find myself siding with Zeon for the most part, besides the whole dropping space colonies and Axis on earth bits, his ideas were solid until his issues clouded his judgment.

Glad to hear people who ordered the retail version of REX are FINALLY getting confirmation and shipping! :duff
I look forward to seeing all the different poses and customs!
Btw here's a look at the AT/hellfire missiles I've been working on with weathering and degradation (I'm assuming they've been stored inside MGS4 REX for years ever since the Shadow Moses incident):
M4WsCoIl.jpg
ekV2082l.jpg

I haven't thought up how I'm going to set them up for display but I'd like to do something along the lines of the missiles coming from REX's knee and/or back missile pods with some flames/smoke trails...:dunno

theyre definitely cool but im trying to think of how youll do it too. maybe use craft wire or youll have to do fishing line somehow. you can make the fire out of resin seeing its clear and use food coloring.

so how is everybody planning to display this thing? Trying to get ideas of where to put it and how to display it. I guess I won't know for sure until I have it in hand and I can see just how big it is in real life, then I can start working on a suitable display.

I haven't thought up how I'm going to set them up for display but I'd like to do something along the lines of the missiles coming from REX's knee and/or back missile pods with some flames/smoke trails...:dunno
It would be awesome, especially if u make a base/diorama similar to REX hanger.

so how is everybody planning to display this thing? Trying to get ideas of where to put it and how to display it. I guess I won't know for sure until I have it in hand and I can see just how big it is in real life, then I can start working on a suitable display.
I'm looking forward to this as well. (I've only seen 2 or 3 of them here, including mine).

482682_10151526184272429_1697787216_n.jpg

My first playarts figure in a long long time. Now, I'm seriously contemplating if I should get the white version.

482682_10151526184272429_1697787216_n.jpg

My first playarts figure in a long long time. Now, I'm seriously contemplating if I should get the white version.

Seems like everyone, more so those who get their hands on the regular version are getting the bug to get the White version :lol

Hopefully I get mine sometime next week or so from London.

Ordered Rex through Big Bad Toy Store do not know how long it will take but so excited to add it to the collection. Also cannot wait to pre-order Ray hopefully this time I do not miss it like I did with Rex.

Back